[X3AP Bonus Plugin] Satellite Early Warning Network

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

galatei_tf
x4

Post by galatei_tf » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 23:27

You can just deselect all other scripts in the installer, and just install SEWN.

galatei_tf
x4

Post by galatei_tf » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 13:07

galatei_tf wrote:Couldn't wait, fixed it myself. http://x3-mods.googlecode.com/hg/sewn-f ... fix-v1.zip or individual files under http://x3-mods.googlecode.com/hg/sewn-fix .
Cheers
I have also fixed the way script handled relations config of your ship, so that if you set Pirates to Friend, you won't get any messages when they pop-up in you network. Same for all other races. It's the additional file called plugin.sewn.validship.pck/xml in the same project @ google.

Smellfire
x4

Post by Smellfire » Thu, 12. Sep 13, 18:47

The reset thing does drive me bonkers. I lost 65 kestrels today because of it.

Does the new files change it to modified as I am trying to do the steam achievements atm?

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Tue, 17. Sep 13, 10:28

Same problem here, the settings are reset each time I load the game, a bit frustrating..

I also have a question about the group response fleets.
If I assign them a task, like a patrol, i'd think they will return to the patrol after clearing a sewn request.
But for now, the fleet just sit around the center of the concerned sector with a command like "attack everything".

Is it a normal behavior ?

edit : I also have false warnings, maybe with friend pirates

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 15:59

Released v1.22a

Good mod, there is just one thing that anoyes me: When having a few hundred (or more) SEWN satellites, the game lags more and more.

This is because there is a tracking script running on every satellite that uses SEWN. I changed this. Now, there is just one global script checking activities on SEWN satellites. Advantage: smaler cpu footprint. Disadvantage: The reaction time of the nework will decrease the more satellites you have.

I also made changes to the report features. Log, message and voice warnings are switchable as well as of course the time interval. Also, enemies are listed at a report menu, which can be called with a hotkey (my favourite). Thus you are no longer anoyed by reports.

Download v1.22a

NBCDumb
x4

capital ships excluding M6

Post by NBCDumb » Sun, 27. Oct 13, 14:13

Hi,

first thanks alot for this mod which helps me allot finding pirates capital ship waiting for me to board them.

I noticed a problem using "capital ships exclusing M6" detect ship setting : M6 are not ignored.
i'm not playing Vanilla, so this may be the problem origin rather than a mod issue, I use following mods:
- Display Ranks
- Complex Cleaner 4.09
- MARS TC AP 5.26
- Raketenabwehr Moskito X3TC v3202 (Moskito missile defence)
all installed with X-Universe Plugin Manager Advanced 1.47 and of course the bonus pack.

All satellites are using default global detect ship configuration.

akruppa
x3ap

Post by akruppa » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 14:30

I noticed that my SEWN wing (consisting of a single Springblossom) sometimes just sits in a sector, idling. I think this happens whenever it is in a sector with a hostile base, usually a pirate base. Maybe it does not move on to other sectors when a warning occurs because it thinks there are still enemies in the current sector, i.e., the hostile base?

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 12:13

any way to be able to have more than 1 network and detect crates of certain value.
i.e.
network 1
all satellites detect claimable ships and crates worth 100,000 or more.
network 2
only satellites with my assets in it assigned to detect enemy ships

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 21:23

I just found a problem with this script while using Litcubes Universe.
after play time of 8+ hours messages from unknown will start to flood message log and eventually freeze game.

has anyone else had this problem or know how I can fix it other than not use sewn.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 1. Sep 14, 19:27

Have you tried disabling the log message option of the SEWN to make sure that it is indeed the SEWN writing these messages?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Re: capital ships excluding M6

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 23:51

Hi, great script thanks!

There's an update to AP and TC being considered so can this be updated with some of the fixes posted already? Also there are a couple of things I've noticed:
  • Alerts for TMs when set to Capitals - possibly the cause for the false alerts being reported
  • Alerts for only M6 when set to Capitals excluding M6
This is in a vanilla game and only 23 sats in the network
NBCDumb wrote:I noticed a problem using "capital ships exclusing M6" detect ship setting : M6 are not ignored
I think it's alerting for only M6 as I have seen enemy capitals and SEWN has not triggered a repot

Perhaps a good time to agree what should be in the official version of the script for the game update - any takers?
  1. Exclude TMs from Capital ship alerts
  2. fix detect M6 when set to exclude M6
  3. fix settings lost on load
  4. run as central script for performance? (although I have no lag issue in a 7 day old vanilla game with 23 satellites using i7-4770k)
  5. update race f/f behaviour
  6. anything else that doesn't change the fundamentals of the script?
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Oslik
x3tc

Post by Oslik » Wed, 29. Apr 15, 05:59

Hello, I have a problem ..

Before I activated the script, I first put a large network of satellites in most sectors (including some hostile), some survived surprisingly in some xenon sectors ... and then I activated SEWEN script and of course, I chose the option to "add all satellites".
Too late I realized that the universe is a pretty big place and always something going on somewhere. Warning messages with intervals of 5-10s soon began causing me headaches, so I took out all the satellites back from the network, but ... the messages did not stop.
I tried to add and remove all satelites from network several times, no success. Settings also didn't help.
I ended up with this settings:

-all satelites removed from network
-type of message: log only, audio dissabled
-interval 60 min
-detecting claimable ships - completely off
-wings off

Then I turned the game off and on and what a surprise ..still recieving messages at intervals of 5-10s from different corners of the universe.

dreikano
x3ap

Post by dreikano » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 04:12

Hello i keep getting this error in the menue of SEWS says this read text 1507-7 then the satilite and system its in. Is there a way to fix this issue i keep getting messages witch not right. says there is enemys but theres none in the system.

Elucca
x3tc

Post by Elucca » Fri, 23. Oct 15, 17:26

Is it intended behavior that when SEWN wings respond to an alert their order will be to defend the satellite, rather than seek and destroy the enemies that were detected? This doesn't seem very useful to me since the response ships will just go sit by the satellite while the enemies continue on their merry way.

Edit: Hmm. What I'm seeing is that sometimes they do start following an enemy, but not always, and at first they seem to spend several minutes flying to the satellite. I just watched my corvette jump in right next to some enemies, fly off about halfway to the satellite's location, and then start chasing them, by which time it was much too late.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”