[#1522][6.20] (511811) GM Transport Passengers: error searching for walkable dock - Improved in 7.0 betas.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dj_FRedy
x4

[#1522][6.20] (511811) GM Transport Passengers: error searching for walkable dock - Improved in 7.0 betas.

Post by Dj_FRedy » Mon, 18. Sep 23, 08:26

This is happening in vanilla:
In reply to this message: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=457391#p5202672

When defining the walkable class dock for subsequent instantiation of the npc passenger in the md script 'Signal_Leaks', if the component has more than one dock, the search does not filter properly and it is possible that a not walkable dock per se is selected. I am talking about the element in line '1032' of the md script 'Signal_Leaks':

Code: Select all

<!-- Define starting location -->
   <find_object_component name="$StartDockArea" object="$Station" class="class.walkablemodule" />
You would expect the 'class=class.walkablemodule' attribute to filter out walkable docks, but the documentation notes that the class is for: Walkable Module (DockArea or Build Module) and there are non-walkable build docks, L and XL.
Surely the developers will find a better way to filter, this works for me:

Code: Select all

<find_object_component name="$StartDockArea" object="$Station" class="class.walkablemodule">
  <match_dock walkable="true" comment="dockingbay walkable accessible to the player and NPCs"/>
</find_object_component>
Unfortunately I don't have a valid save where it is possible to reproduce this scenario.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#1522][6.20] (511811) GM Transport Passengers: error searching for walkable dock

Post by rboerdijk » Fri, 10. May 24, 13:51

Hey there, good observation. What happens is that the L/XL ship fabrication bay is a walkablemodule, which doesn't have any rooms to walk in.
We added a property "haswalkableroom", and this was added recently to improve the filter in signal_leaks and several other locations where this could theoretically also happen.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Re: [#1522][6.20] (511811) GM Transport Passengers: error searching for walkable dock

Post by Dj_FRedy » Fri, 10. May 24, 14:17

Oh, thanks for commenting, I certainly saw all the changes that were made to the scripts with the ‘haswalkableroom’ attribute, I then proceeded to comment my diff on ‘signal_leaks’ with a note: fixed by EGO, nice.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”