Modded turret avaible for ships but not for defence modules

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ageansnowfly
x4

Modded turret avaible for ships but not for defence modules

Post by Ageansnowfly » Sat, 18. May 24, 07:40

I'm playing with an edited version of a modded turret. İt can be bought as a turret and mounted on ships. You can purchase the blueprint for it. I can mount it on ships at my wharves. All works perfectly but it cannot be mounted on defense modules. Is there a special line for it in the mod or smth else? Does anyone have a suggestion? would be much appreciated game version 6.20. It is even not on the list to select
CPU Ryzen 5 7600x
Graphics RX 7800XT
RAM DDR5 32 GB
my modlist https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SaV2K8 ... drive_link

Shadow1980
x4

Re: Modded turret avaible for ships but not for defence modules

Post by Shadow1980 » Sat, 18. May 24, 12:34

I have a feeling that I'm intimately familiar with the modded turret you're talking about. If you are who i think you are, I helped you with the change you wanted yesterday.

I'll take a look if I can see something obvious and get back to you.
The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Ageansnowfly
x4

Post by Ageansnowfly » Sat, 18. May 24, 13:10

Shadow1980 wrote:
Sat, 18. May 24, 12:34
I have a feeling that I'm intimately familiar with the modded turret you're talking about. If you are who i think you are, I helped you with the change you wanted yesterday.

I'll take a look if I can see something obvious and get back to you.
Man you are the best you are such a goog person. I decided gift you with the coming Timeline DLC and when it comes on sale I will get it for myself. Just let me know your Steam ID. I have never than this before but I believe an Steam ID is needed to gift someone. If you agree the DLC Timelines is yours.
Thanks dude
send your Steam ID to my private email adress. I will write a private message with my email adress
CPU Ryzen 5 7600x
Graphics RX 7800XT
RAM DDR5 32 GB

Shadow1980
x4

Post by Shadow1980 » Sat, 18. May 24, 15:49

I've actually given you my steam ID on Reddit, but I'll drop you an email later tonight. I've just got visitors right now :)
The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Ageansnowfly
x4

Post by Ageansnowfly » Sat, 18. May 24, 16:30

Shadow1980 wrote:
Sat, 18. May 24, 15:49
I've actually given you my steam ID on Reddit, but I'll drop you an email later tonight. I've just got visitors right now :)
got you on steam and send a friendrequest to add
I follow reddit occasionally and maybe I didnt saw your last post, now I have read. steam Id checked
CPU Ryzen 5 7600x
Graphics RX 7800XT
RAM DDR5 32 GB

Shadow1980
x4

Post by Shadow1980 » Sun, 19. May 24, 10:25

For completeness and anyone else running past this thread, I don't see anything obvious which would prevent the m sized turret from being able to fit on L size ships or Defence Platforms.

Is there a specific tag or definition necessary for this? I'm comfortable adding this if someone could point to an example or the right direction.

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Sun, 19. May 24, 12:56

This is 100% related to certain tags, but there are a couple different ones that could be causing this. Some assistive questions:
1) Is this an M or L turret?
2) Are you a VRO player? (VRO alters turret tags and makes some (High-Energy) turrets intentionally compatible only with ships and only on certain hardpoint type)
3) Is the mod made for VRO?

Share the turret's component xml code here (not the macro) or the mod's name and it should be very easy to pinpoint the exact issue.

EDIT: judging be previous comments we are talking about an M turret. M-sized turrets (and shields) have TWO component files+macros. One is for M ships and is integrated (unhittable tag in component, integrated tag in macro) and the other is for L/XL (hittable tag in component, defined hull HP in macro).
If the mod author did not know what they are doing they probably only made one variant and the other one is missing, making it unmountable on L/XL ships and stations.

What the author should have done would be to use the Alias system to "link" the two variants under a single blueprint and encyclopedia entry.
example: turret_arg_m_beam_01_mk1_macro and turret_arg_m_beam_02_mk1_macro
Image Image

Ageansnowfly
x4

Post by Ageansnowfly » Sun, 19. May 24, 13:59

Rothank wrote:
Sun, 19. May 24, 12:56
This is 100% related to certain tags, but there are a couple different ones that could be causing this. Some assistive questions:
1) Is this an M or L turret?
2) Are you a VRO player? (VRO alters turret tags and makes some (High-Energy) turrets intentionally compatible only with ships and only on certain hardpoint type)
3) Is the mod made for VRO?

Share the turret's component xml code here (not the macro) or the mod's name and it should be very easy to pinpoint the exact issue.

EDIT: judging be previous comments we are talking about an M turret. M-sized turrets (and shields) have TWO component files+macros. One is for M ships and is integrated (unhittable tag in component, integrated tag in macro) and the other is for L/XL (hittable tag in component, defined hull HP in macro).
If the mod author did not know what they are doing they probably only made one variant and the other one is missing, making it unmountable on L/XL ships and stations.

What the author should have done would be to use the Alias system to "link" the two variants under a single blueprint and encyclopedia entry.
example: turret_arg_m_beam_01_mk1_macro and turret_arg_m_beam_02_mk1_macro
thanks for your participation to
1 the modded turret is an m turret but shall be mounted on an m slot of an l or xl ship or defense platform
2 vro is used but in case there is no alternative vro could be deinstalled
3 the mod is made for x4 vanilla but has an vro patch
CPU Ryzen 5 7600x
Graphics RX 7800XT
RAM DDR5 32 GB

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Sun, 19. May 24, 15:36

Ok, so I can semi-confidently say the VRO is completely unrelated and the turret is made incorrectly - missing the alias variant with hittable tag.
Explanation how it should be done is in my previous post. I'm happy to make suitable correction for you, but I need the mod's name (or the mod files themselves).
Image Image

Ageansnowfly
x4

Post by Ageansnowfly » Sun, 19. May 24, 16:55

Rothank wrote:
Sun, 19. May 24, 15:36
Ok, so I can semi-confidently say the VRO is completely unrelated and the turret is made incorrectly - missing the alias variant with hittable tag.
Explanation how it should be done is in my previous post. I'm happy to make suitable correction for you, but I need the mod's name (or the mod files themselves).
Thanks for your efforts. The file can be downloaded from my Google Drive
the file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ERzfbJ ... drive_link
CPU Ryzen 5 7600x
Graphics RX 7800XT
RAM DDR5 32 GB

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Sun, 19. May 24, 21:29

You access-locked the file :)
I sent an access request, check your gmail please.

Also - if you use Discord - look me up there (same ID as on forums). It's easier to communicate over Discord than these old forums.
Image Image

Ageansnowfly
x4

Post by Ageansnowfly » Sun, 19. May 24, 21:52

access given

I sent a friend request over Discord so I can message you directly
CPU Ryzen 5 7600x
Graphics RX 7800XT
RAM DDR5 32 GB

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Sun, 19. May 24, 22:37

ok, we're continuing over Discord, but in case someone stumbles upon this thread in the future:

As I expected, these turrets only had integrated variants defined. I made a few additions/changes:

- created new "hittable" macro variants in \assets\props\weaponsystems\macros\ and configured them to use the "alias" system
- defined "alias" to "hittable" (mountable on L/XL/stations) in existing \assets\props\weaponsystems\macros\turret_m_devastator_macro and \assets\props\weaponsystems\macros\turret_m_cataclysm_macro
- defined hittable variants in \index\macros
- defined hittable variants in \libraries\wares
- added correctly named icons in \assets\fx\gui\textures\upgrades\ and defined them in \libraries\icons
Image Image

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”