Stuck with Argon vs Xenon Deterrent mission

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

caraota
x4

Stuck with Argon vs Xenon Deterrent mission

Post by caraota » Tue, 20. Jun 23, 04:16

Hello.

So I picked up a multipart mission from ARG vs XEN missions, I'm on the third sub-objective which requires me to kill a Xenon P that, allegedly, have been seen in Trinity Sanctum III... but I have almost unveiled all sector, travelled up/down and out of bounds, travelled to nearby sectors back and forth. No target to be seen, I have pinged the system a lot and nothing so I'm about to drop the mission.

Am i doing something wrong or is just a case of "too late... target already killed" or bug? :gruebel:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Stuck with Argon vs Xenon Deterrent mission

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 20. Jun 23, 10:17

So no mission guidance with the mission set to active? That's odd, or does it just take you to TS III and then stop - with perhaps a magnifying glass symbol? That symbol would mean you need to discover a gate.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

caraota
x4

Post by caraota » Tue, 20. Jun 23, 16:26

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 20. Jun 23, 10:17
So no mission guidance with the mission set to active? That's odd, or does it just take you to TS III and then stop - with perhaps a magnifying glass symbol? That symbol would mean you need to discover a gate.
There was no guidance for this sub-objective in particular, apart from the info given in the briefing. The mission says that intelligence reported sightings of matching targets in TS III and that my computer would notify me when a target matching the description is detected nearby... I have had such notification, couple of times but it have always been either Xenon S, M or Queen's guard ( which I have blasted nonetheless). There isn't a yellow magnifying icon and definitely there isn't the usual "Find your way to:" message, also calling another friendly ship and asking where I can find ..? brings the usual stuff (Shipyard, wharf, dock and faction rep)... when the mission is active I just get a "Destroy: Xenon P" message on lower-left part of the HUB

Edit: I have 4 gates and have travelled back and forth through those gates to see if something triggers but no luck

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Tue, 20. Jun 23, 17:32

When there is no guidance, it is almost certainly a mission to destroy any P rather than a specific one. The note about where a matching target was last seen is just to give you a hint on a likely place to look for one.

caraota
x4

Post by caraota » Wed, 21. Jun 23, 01:24

Admiral Sausage wrote:
Tue, 20. Jun 23, 17:32
When there is no guidance, it is almost certainly a mission to destroy any P rather than a specific one. The note about where a matching target was last seen is just to give you a hint on a likely place to look for one.
That was it. Joined the party at Tharka’s Cascade’s jump gate in Hatikva’s … got the message “Xenon P in sensor range”… job done. Thank you

Edit: Go figure, the main mission just disappeared… I didn’t catch if last sub-objective (Clear the eay) failed or what but the mission is gone… I got credited for killing the Xenon P though… weird

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”