Boron Diplomatic Outpost - questions

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tilen
x4

Boron Diplomatic Outpost - questions

Post by Tilen » Fri, 7. Jul 23, 22:24

I came up with the idea of building the Boron an Admin Module and a Wharf/Shipyard along with the requested stuff. I wonder what will happen.

Will they reach out from their corner as a result?
Will they keep sending traffic to and from this station, meaning more Boron ships in the network but also heavier burden on their logistics?
Will nothing of note happen because they're scripted to stay put in their little corner?

Has anyone tried this yet? What happens if you then destroy other factions' Admin Modules, making the sector owned by the Boron? Will they start to build in it?

So many possibilities.
Praise Bernd!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Boron Diplomatic Outpost - questions

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 8. Jul 23, 00:56

Those are good questions but I have one note of caution - due to one of those unfortunate 'friendly' fire and report-to-MIN incidents that can happen in TEL space when the player is IS nearby and 'friendly/neutral-to-TEL' VIG/SCA ships are moving around local stations, there was a bit of an argument between MIN and BOR in 18 Billion which resulted in significant damage by MIN to the BOR Diplomatic Outpost in my vanilla game. It seems smoothed over now but it could happen again, I suppose.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Sat, 8. Jul 23, 11:17

I know, right? For me, this is where this game's sandbox shines. Unfortunately, though, I am too often disappointed in the game's limitations in this regard.

I'm wondering all sorts of things now. Will a Boron Shipyard eat up TEL's resources, thus weakening them and open the way for Xenon intrusion? :D
Praise Bernd!

Repli
x4

Post by Repli » Sat, 8. Jul 23, 14:05

Hey,
Never tried to own the TEL sector with the outpost. But Heretics End will not be occupied by NPC unless "unlocked". If you own this sector and then "loose" it again NPC factions with borders to this sector will try to occupy it. And yes, also borons. Once heretics end is in boron hands, they get to war with split. In my game borons occupied some splitsectors until family zhin by now :) I hope it will be more in future, like the Xenon sectors.

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Sat, 8. Jul 23, 14:10

Repli wrote:
Sat, 8. Jul 23, 14:05
Hey,
Never tried to own the TEL sector with the outpost. But Heretics End will not be occupied by NPC unless "unlocked". If you own this sector and then "loose" it again NPC factions with borders to this sector will try to occupy it. And yes, also borons. Once heretics end is in boron hands, they get to war with split. In my game borons occupied some splitsectors until family zhin by now :) I hope it will be more in future, like the Xenon sectors.
Oh. Okay, now this is exciting. Thank you.
Praise Bernd!

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Thu, 13. Jul 23, 21:09

Update: with the S/M ship fab module installed, the outpost does fill up storage and queue ships to build, but these never actually get built.

Maybe it's because I only built the three S storage modules abd there can't be enough materials?

Anybody else tried this?
Praise Bernd!

Uwe Poppel
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by Uwe Poppel » Thu, 13. Jul 23, 22:49

You can always add modules for a space dock or a shipyard to the factions' building missions. These are then also used by the factions. However, this Boron construction mission is an important plot mission, so maybe it's different there.

baerdesklopapies
x4

Post by baerdesklopapies » Thu, 13. Jul 23, 23:24

if you want to add additional Modules on a Station Build-Mission,you should make sure that some of the requirements are build last!
Otherwise it can happen that the Station is delivered too early and in an unfinished state.
I usually build the L-Dock Module last.

o7
'*edit*
Uwe Poppel wrote:
Thu, 13. Jul 23, 22:49
this Boron construction mission is an important plot mission, so maybe it's different there.
I´m not shure, but the "important plot mission" is not so important :P.
From what i remember you also do not build this Wharf, you're only able to deliver Wares.
The Wharf is already in Boron hands and if you do not deliver the Wares, it may get finished without your help, even if you didnt accept the Mission.
Is there another build Mission with the Boron storyline? (maybe i did not have unlocked it yet)
Last edited by baerdesklopapies on Thu, 13. Jul 23, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Thu, 13. Jul 23, 23:47

baerdesklopapies wrote:
Thu, 13. Jul 23, 23:24
if you want to add additional Modules on a Station Build-Mission,you should make sure that some of the requirements are build last!
Otherwise it can happen that the Station is delivered too early and in an unfinished state.
I usually build the L-Dock Module last.

o7
Yeah, but at the time I only had credits for S storage, and I couldn't wait any longer, so I just built the thing. I do wonder if the ships won't build due to lack of storage. Maybe someone else can test it.
Praise Bernd!

baerdesklopapies
x4

Post by baerdesklopapies » Thu, 13. Jul 23, 23:57

The Wares for building a Station Modul must be delivered to 100% except for Turret and Shield components. Turret and Shields can be build without a Builder-Ship.
Keep in mind that the Build-Missions may require some Turrets and Shields to be build. then you need to deliver these Wares too to finish the Mission.

o7

*edit*
sry i read it wrong. Yes the S-Containers are maybe to Small, but this also depends on how many you have build :P. To Build a Ship you need a lot of different materials, and with that you need the Storage for them (same as Modul you need 100% of the War before it starts building).
If you had build 2 small Containers, yes thats too low :). Shure you can add some (30? :P) S-Containers to it but for a Wharf or Shipyard i would recoment to get L-Containers (do not cost much at the Factions but a EMP-Bomb hack is still cheaper).

Uwe Poppel
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by Uwe Poppel » Fri, 14. Jul 23, 01:52

baerdesklopapies wrote:
Thu, 13. Jul 23, 23:24
Is there another build Mission with the Boron storyline? (maybe i did not have unlocked it yet)
Yes, it is about the Diplomatic Outpost (18 Billions) not about the shipyard.... :roll:

Tilen
x4

Post by Tilen » Fri, 14. Jul 23, 08:58

Oh, so I meant well but made the worst? Now they have a fully stocked, non functional Wharf!

:(
Praise Bernd!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”