I think I (temporarily) eliminated the Kha'ak?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

I think I (temporarily) eliminated the Kha'ak?

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Mon, 21. Aug 23, 04:38

Like most players, I have been battling the Kha'ak for the entire game, mostly in the sectors where I'm mining (though they have taken out a few traders, too). I found a list of sectors where the Kha'ak installations can pop up, so I began trying to wipe them out, since it temporarily reduces Kha'ak activity in the sector (until they respawn). At some point I began dropping satellites wherever I found a station, since I noticed they tend to spawn at roughly the same distance from the center of the sector. I figured after awhile I'd have the entire perimeter of the sector under surveillance, making it easier to spot a station once it spawned.

Recently, however, I learned from somewhere on these forums a slightly less legitimate way to find them (and any other station in the game): if you go into the Manage Plots menu, all plot outlines will appear on the map, even for stations you have not yet discovered. This made it quite easy to find and track down any Kha'ak installations in the game. At some point I eliminated every hive and outpost.

I figured I'd still be chasing them around the galaxy every time a new installation spawned, but it's been a few hours and I have not seen a single Kha'ak since. My mining sectors are blissfully at peace. According to this post the hives respawn every 96 hours, and the outposts can respawn every 48 hours (although they need an active hive to spawn), so I probably haven't seen the last of the Kha'ak. But still, it's pretty wild to have a galaxy without any Kha'ak in it, even if it's just temporary.
Autopilot epically failed.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: I think I (temporarily) eliminated the Kha'ak?

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 21. Aug 23, 10:54

... and now you will be offered very lucrative and reputation-earning station missions (probably several in parallel too) to kill quantities of unspecified Kha'ak ships. Remember, the RNG likes you really! :D

Perhaps the nicest mission I had recently was a very rewarding one to kill a Kha'ak installation somewhere in that sector. When I found it, it had been a full-sized hive already mauled by a departed Terran Intervention patrol and was down to 4% hull and with no intact defence outposts. Cheesy but nice!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Tue, 22. Aug 23, 21:31

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 21. Aug 23, 10:54
... and now you will be offered very lucrative and reputation-earning station missions (probably several in parallel too) to kill quantities of unspecified Kha'ak ships. Remember, the RNG likes you really! :D

Perhaps the nicest mission I had recently was a very rewarding one to kill a Kha'ak installation somewhere in that sector. When I found it, it had been a full-sized hive already mauled by a departed Terran Intervention patrol and was down to 4% hull and with no intact defence outposts. Cheesy but nice!
Haha, that would be just my luck. I'm very late game, though. The only faction I really need rep with is the Alliance, and it's super hard to build rep with them because they have so few stations. I have traders set up in their sectors, so it's going up slowly, but I don't know if I'll ever hit 27 with them.
Autopilot epically failed.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Thu, 24. Aug 23, 11:25

I have few destroyer fleets around the galaxy dedicated hunt down Kha'ak installations when they appear in strategic sectors.
That will definately decrease M-size miners and manticores losses when wipe installations out.

In some sectors if Kha'ak "plays" nice and not hunt my miners I let them be there. Like in Antigone Memorial there's very old installation about 300km from the nearest gate. From time to time there comes waves of ships but after that it's peaceful.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”