Playing other games

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fiksal
x4

Re: Playing other games

Post by fiksal » Sat, 11. May 24, 22:02

a new kind of exclusivity I guess

hopefully the lost revenue is covered by what Sony gave to those developers, otherwise it's not good news for them at all
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

KarlSten
xr

Post by KarlSten » Sun, 12. May 24, 20:20

Finished Fallout 4 yesterday and although it is a bad RPG I spent more then 7 days in it according to the savegame. Fallout 4 is actually just a Fallout theme park in computer game form and theme parks are fun. For a while...
At the end I just rushed through the annoying main quests for the Institute.

Now I'm playing the last part of the Totally-not-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy called Metro Exodus.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 14. May 24, 21:18

Got another good one for you all. Fabledom just got its 1.0 release just yesterday. It's a city builder based on a world of fairytales, so little red riding hood and the beanstalk. It's a fun little game that is currently on sale for £11.43, so once again you don't need a bank loan to buy it and also no signage of any AAA rip off people behind it, nope just a company of 2. There seems to be a gluttony of small indie titles being released right now, and I'm not complaining long may it last, especially as the only good thing to come out of the triple a crowd recently was Bobby Kotick getting the boot, certainly no original fun games though.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 14. May 24, 22:00

Did some missions in Necromunda: Hired Gun after all these years. Still a very beautiful game :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Fri, 17. May 24, 19:09

For anybody playing Fallout 4, the new AMD graphic drivers (24.5.1) have been causing my game to CTD, with the following error.

"Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: Fallout4.exe (7532) consumed 7705214976 bytes.

Since rolling back to 24.4.1 the game runs fine. I have to cap the frames to 60 as this is the in game animation speed, else the dialogue gets out of sync, my system wants to run the game at over 1200 fps.

Edit: This time in English
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 17. May 24, 19:24

Thanks for the warning. Was about to update 24.4.1 to 24.5.1 but now .... ;-) Btw. I've capped all games to 60 fps since (my) eyes cannot resolve more than that although I'm aware that some people claim that higher framerates lead to sharper and smoother rendering. I cannot see the difference when trying higher settings (tested that in Cyberpunk).

Cheers Euclid

PS: Sorry for going slightly OT here :D
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Sun, 19. May 24, 15:17

euclid wrote:
Fri, 17. May 24, 19:24
Thanks for the warning. Was about to update 24.4.1 to 24.5.1 but now .... ;-) Btw. I've capped all games to 60 fps since (my) eyes cannot resolve more than that although I'm aware that some people claim that higher framerates lead to sharper and smoother rendering. I cannot see the difference when trying higher settings (tested that in Cyberpunk).

Cheers Euclid

PS: Sorry for going slightly OT here :D
Sods law, I set my system up to record any crash logs, re-installed the drivers, and ... nothing happened. :lol:

The only thing I've changed in the meantime is, the refresh rate of my monitor to 60htz, for these console ports, testing continues.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

Jesswade

Post by Jesswade » Wed, 22. May 24, 08:16

Just started Pacific Drive. Love the creepy atmosphere and it reminds me of Firewatch. I just hope the ending isn’t as disappointing.

KarlSten
xr

Post by KarlSten » Thu, 23. May 24, 17:42

Finished Metro Exodus and it's two DLCs days ago and have to apologise for calling it a Stalker-clone. It's also better in making a believable world with believable human characters unlike the Bethesda Fallout games,

Anyway, now I play ENDLESS: Legend because it is currently free on Steam. first I was hesitant to get because of the many DLCs and a review claiming that the game developer would be "asking for permissions to record (...) keystrokes across all applications" which isn't true. At least there is nothing written in the EULA.

Alerion_V.X3
x3tc

Post by Alerion_V.X3 » Fri, 24. May 24, 16:10

Just testing two new acquisitions again:

Firstly Bellwright: Described by many as a mixture of Medieval Dynasty/Rimworld (colony building) and Mount & Blade (combat system). I'm not so convinced yet, as the progress is quite slow and grindy and I still have some technical problems, probably with the shaders/lighting. I'll have to look into it more.

I haven't played that much yet due to illness, but it looks very promising for an early access title with quite a lot of content.

And then there's V Rising: Vampire ‘survival’/action RPG where you play the bad boy/girl. Only tested briefly. Runs technically at least very well and without problems. But it's already the release version. So no wonder... :wink:

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 25. May 24, 14:17

Bellwright needs more time in the cooker, I found it to be very very grindy and frustrating .. There is the possibility of a good game but as with a lot of games these days the Dev's have not tested a play through so there are glaring shortfalls.,..... But of course your experience may differ, I uninstalled moving up to Tier 3..life is to short.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 28. May 24, 10:38

I may have been a little premature in my assessment and removal of Bellwright, the latest patch appears to alleviate some of my issues. Will have to re-install (idiot) to check out.

A little later .... It appears I was not premature, the latest update has made the game worse, Will re-install in 6 months.
Last edited by birdtable on Tue, 28. May 24, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

Alerion_V.X3
x3tc

Post by Alerion_V.X3 » Tue, 28. May 24, 13:33

Yes, the phase is still too early. At the moment I'm most annoyed by the technical problems. Flickering shadows and other headache-inducing graphics glitches. Poor performance despite the rather mediocre graphics, although my AMD RX6660XT permanently has ~ 95-100 ° on the hotspot, no matter what settings I make in the graphics menu.

Apparently it's not optimised at all and if it is then it's very poor. Just very early access ;) But you almost expect that these days, although there are exceptions.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the further development. I would only recommend it for gamers who are capable of suffering, with a correspondingly better graphics card (RTX 3070 TI upwards)

Return to “Off Topic English”