[v3.0] Cartographer Achievements

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

[v3.0] Cartographer Achievements

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 21:52

Is there a bug with these achievements or are there some hidden zones I have not found yet?

I have found 8 Zones in the Albion Teladi Zones and 3 Zones in the Omicron Teladi Zones.

As for OL, MA, AL, and DV - I think I have found all the zones on the highways and the additional plot MA Zone that is off the highway (the Split zone).

Do we need to not only find all the zones but scan all the stations to 100% as well?

I have trade agents pretty much on every station bar a handiful in OL (I think).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 22:05

In the second Teladi sector "Fatal Path" are 6 zones.
Maelstrom has 3 hidden zones, at least there are 2 shown on the map on rogueys.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 14. Dec 14, 22:29

Thanks Tamina, seems like I will have some exploring to do once I have my Mk5 engines and shields.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

eXodL

Post by eXodL » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 16:00

The cartographer achievements doesn't seem to retroactively unlock if you load a savegame in 3.0 with every system/sector/zone discovered. I've gone through every zone in each system again, thinking it will trigger the achievement for revisiting every one, but with no avail.

The only possible way would be to edit the savegame and mark one zone in each system as undiscovered (untested) or start a new game. I seriously don't understand why Egosoft choose to do this, forcing people to start a new game... it's like saying "so you were here playing our game from the start, supporting an unfinished turd... well, don't worry, since you won't be getting this achievements unless you start fresh as every other customers who just tuned in".

Thanks a lot Egosoft.

Malankatank
x4

Post by Malankatank » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 18:55

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Thanks Tamina, seems like I will have some exploring to do once I have my Mk5 engines and shields.
No need to wait and upgrade, not that hard to find.
Spoiler
Show
When you come in through the gate from OL, look straight West towards the blue storms or whatever they are. You will see a sort of gap. Fly straight through it and you shouldnt get damaged. You will see a local highway that only goes one way. There are 3 more zones that hug the outside of the storm. They follow the local highway.
over thinking and over analyzing since '87

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 20:13

@Malankatank: I was more talking about the hidden AL/DV/OL/MA sectors that perhaps have been added off the highways in v3.0.

Malankatank
x4

Post by Malankatank » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 20:32

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote: Snip.
Ohh, I hear you.
over thinking and over analyzing since '87

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 27. Dec 14, 12:29

Anyone know of any zones off the highway network in Albion and DeVries?

Looking at Roguies map which I believe is out of date, there are two Maelstrum zones I have not discovered yet.

If neither Albion nor DeVries have hidden zones (I know about Scorched Aura which kind of counts as a hidden zone), then perhaps there is a bug with the cartographer achievements for those with complete maps of the relevant systems.

EDIT: Ok, I have found the two zones I did not have from Roguey's map and I have not got the Maelstrum cartographer achievement which would seem to imply there are New hidden zones in DeVries/Maelstrum/Albion in v3.x (or previously uncharted hidden zones).

milytar
x4

Post by milytar » Sat, 27. Dec 14, 15:08

Look that. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 0&start=30
seems that Sigma sector have 2 hidden zones
And one day ... one day i will be there ...
And if not... then i will be here ...

Me

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 27. Dec 14, 19:20

milytar wrote:Look that. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 0&start=30
seems that Sigma sector have 2 hidden zones
Thanks for the response but I already have those.

Ok, the MA/OL/AL cartographer achievements are bugged if you have already explored those systems... I hope Egosoft fix this in their next patch.

Cloth Ears
x3tc

Post by Cloth Ears » Tue, 3. Mar 15, 14:53

I have all the vanilla map achievements except 'Cartographer: Maelstrom'. I have just visited the two featureless 'hidden sectors' in Sigma, but no achievement unlocked and I have been everywhere else in Maelstrom according to the siezewell.de map.

----edit----

achievement unlocked once I got back to Grim Keeper even though you have to fly through there multiple times in plot!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”