[4.30 H2] [Oculus] ISSUE - No pointer laser on Meta/Oculus Quest 2

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MidoOeuf
x4

[4.30 H2] [Oculus] ISSUE - No pointer laser on Meta/Oculus Quest 2

Post by MidoOeuf » Mon, 13. May 24, 23:38

Hi, it's been a few days since I bought a VR headset to finally be able to test X:Rebirth VR.
However, once in the game, I don't have the laser pointer for the Oculus Touch controller.
The game is selected as Oculus VR on steam settings and I launch the game from the Meta library (if I launch it directly from steam, even in Oculus mode, the controllers are not recognized).
Do you have any solutions?

I do some test:
Meta Quest Link as default OpenXR runtime:
Launch the game from steam without SteamVR started (Oculus mode selected) -> touch controller work but no laser
Launch directly XRebirthVR_Oculus.exe without SteamVR started -> touch controller not work
Launch directly XRebirthVR.exe without SteamVR started -> touch controller not work (as expected)
Launch the game from SteamVR (Oculus mode selected) -> touch controller not work
Launch the game from Meta Library without SteamVR started -> touch controller work but no laser
Launch the game from Meta Library with SteamVR started -> meta request to close SteamVR before launching the game, touch controller work but no laser
SteamVR as default OpenXR runtime:
Same result as above

Additionals details:
Game version & language: 4.30 Hotfix 2 English
Vanilla game
Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX 6800
VR Headset: Meta / Oculus Quest 2
Game bought on Steam
Meta Quest Link: Wired
DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/Qvjg66xi
VulkanInfo: https://pastebin.com/LbV4pyVf

Bruddel
x4

Re: [4.30 H2] [Oculus] ISSUE - No pointer laser on Meta/Oculus Quest 2

Post by Bruddel » Thu, 23. May 24, 18:47

Just to be sure.
Are you Oculus Controller are registered. (going through menus work) ?
To activated the laserpointer, you have to release the trigger and point with your finger forward. That will activate the laser.

Egosoft have a youtube Vid, which explains the use of the different controllers for X Rebirth VR, may take a look there if you not have allready.

best

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”