AI beyond stupid

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ubica

AI beyond stupid

Post by ubica » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 13:24

I have been watching my stations and their subordinates behaviour. Some things they do is just beyond stupid.
A factory in Holly Vision producing engine parts and hull parts is filling it's stock. Two traders assigned to. Both manager and traders have enough stars so no way to blame that "feature" for what follows...
Instead of selling products to nearby wharf and Sy which need those, what my traders do?
One just sits still and does nothing. The other as well, untill he wakes up and decides that the best course of action would be to go and BUY refined metals from my own factory in Grand Exchange even though his own factory makes them, and has almost full stock. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Selling and making money is out of the question. Here is what amazes me:
How can somebody write a script that does something that stupid and say "yeah, sure...good enough, let's use that" :gruebel:
The only way to make some cash is to manualy clik on each trader and tell them exactly where to buy and where to sell.
It's 1.5 btw

Kalantris

Re: AI beyond stupid

Post by Kalantris » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 13:34

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/151

Install, don't assign to station, set to Tater - max buy range 0, max sell range "max". Select the wares, set the discount of your stations to 50%. Watch them fly.

Or if you want to supply this system exclusively, max buy range 0, max sell range 0, same discount.

ubica

Post by ubica » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 13:41

Kalantris wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 13:34
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/151

Install, don't assign to station, set to Tater - max buy range 0, max sell range "max". Select the wares, set the discount of your stations to 50%. Watch them fly.

Or if you want to supply this system exclusively, max buy range 0, max sell range 0, same discount.
Thanks a bunch, wasnt's sure about this mod since some users wrote it works at first but gets confused easily, but apparently I have no choice.
THANK YOUUUU!!!

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 13:50

ubica wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 13:41
Thanks a bunch, wasnt's sure about this mod since some users wrote it works at first but gets confused easily, but apparently I have no choice.
THANK YOUUUU!!!
Don't thank me, thank ludsoe, he's the genius, that made this possible :).
You can support him on Nexus if you want by the way.

ubica

Post by ubica » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 23:28

Done that :)
After switching to tatter trader sales kicked off, finaly hoovering around 5M in due payments, used to be under 1. Now I can build that 80M monstrosity of complex and not fear it would never pay off.
Only drawback is that you have to manualy feed cash back to stations, but that's a small price to pay, so to say :D

MorbiusAu
x4

Post by MorbiusAu » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 23:38

I think you set the Home of a tater trader to a station and then the it will use the station account for buying/selling.

Return to “X4: Foundations”