Turret / Shield Blueprints

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

danpaul88
x4

Turret / Shield Blueprints

Post by danpaul88 » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 15:49

So odds are there's a topic somewhere in the forums telling me exactly what I want to know, but I've not found it as yet, so here goes.

I've spent quite a lot of time pottering around stations looking for blueprint data leaks and have obtained a good selection of production, storage, habitation, defense, etc modules by doing so. I have not been using EMP bombs (partly as I don't want the rep loss, partly because I've yet to find enough materials to make one!).

Thus far I have not found one single blueprint for any turrets or shields whatsoever. A lot of posts have suggested looking on defense platforms and using the spacesuit to scan the data leaks, both of which I've been doing. Every data leak I find on a defense module either gives some random production discount (on a... defense... platform... :? ) or just shows up as "data decrypted" (or whatever the message is) and results in... nothing. I've not once seen a red floaty ball of blooping beepy staticness hovering above any turret or shield components on the defense (or any other) modules.

So, my question is - is it actually possible to obtain turret and shield blueprints from scanning data leaks (ideally without EMPs)? Am I just being unlucky? Or am I going to have to fork out millions of credits for the blueprints to start arming my stations (which are all currently completely defenseless, other than drones, despite having defense modules ready and waiting).

ubica

Re: Turret / Shield Blueprints

Post by ubica » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 15:58

You don't suffe rep loss if you return back to your ship and trigger the bomb from cockpit. After that return in your spacsuit and do leak scan as usual. 8)

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 16:15

I only got defence module BPs via scanning, never turrets or shields. And i got quite a few blueprints like that.

I guess you actually have to pay for turret/shield BPs?

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 16:18

pref wrote:
Thu, 27. Dec 18, 16:15
I only got defence module BPs via scanning, never turrets or shields. And i got quite a few blueprints like that.

I guess you actually have to pay for turret/shield BPs?
It's not like they are expensive...

Just get the Pulse M,L and shield gen MK2 M,L for what? 2 mil tops? Later you can clear out the reps inventory anyway you'll have so much money.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 16:21

csaba wrote:
Thu, 27. Dec 18, 16:18
It's not like they are expensive...

Just get the Pulse M,L and shield gen MK2 M,L for what? 2 mil tops? Later you can clear out the reps inventory anyway you'll have so much money.
I don't mind paying at all. Most expensive turret costs 1.5m i think? Just telling OP that i don't think there is a way to not pay for those BPs.
Pulse is better then beams? Thought beam would work best in AI hands.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 16:31

pref wrote:
Thu, 27. Dec 18, 16:21
Pulse is better then beams? Thought beam would work best in AI hands.
The fast projectile speed is almost like the hit scan beams so AI rarely misses and does more damage than beams.

Worst are plasma, seen one of my Condors miss a Station with those. :lol:

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 16:34

csaba wrote:
Thu, 27. Dec 18, 16:31
The fast projectile speed is almost like the hit scan beams so AI rarely misses and does more damage than beams.

Worst are plasma, seen one of my Condors miss a Station with those. :lol:
Thanks, good to know! Lucky i still haven't decided on weapons for my first 100m plex.
Guess it will be pulse then with some tracking missiles. Maybe a couple beams just for the visuals :D

danpaul88
x4

Post by danpaul88 » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 00:00

Thanks for the answers - I rarely have more than 500k - 1m credits at a time so those BPs are fairly expensive by those standards, but I'll just have to bite the bullet I guess.

Just wanted to see if there was something I was missing before sinking the cash on them. Are there any stat differences between the different factions blueprints? (Or are they all generic like some of the production modules)

strask412
x4

Post by strask412 » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 00:41

Paranid turrets have better tracking / rotation speed, I've noticed. Not sure if there are any other differences.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

Return to “X4: Foundations”