Suggestion for new DLC - skip boron research / station option(receive them completed 100%) Not player specific start!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordmuck
x4

Suggestion for new DLC - skip boron research / station option(receive them completed 100%) Not player specific start!

Post by lordmuck » Sat, 30. Jan 21, 21:11

Hey

Been a while since I played tbh

With each new start, the thing that kinda dulls things down for me is doing the first bulk of missions for our fishy boron friend. (having done this about 3 times is more than enough)

Would it be possible, to trigger the very first mission as we always do (scanning stations to get the first mission) when the mission pops up, could you give us the option to skip and complete which cannot be undone, the station gets placed with venture stuff/dock in a default position and research is completed. This would not require a specific starter character as you can trigger this with any character at any time and you can also choose to complete it manually for those people that enjoy doing it. It's a Yes/No question

I would say as a con, the Cerberus or whichever the M ship/other ships that you can take over would not be given to the player and perhaps removed from its spawn point? (or just not given to the player).
Credits given by the fishy friend in the normal run would not be given to the player for skipping.
The other "con" is that we would not explore as much so most of the map is unknown, probably would not carry out as many trades/missions of opportunity on the way of completing our fishy friend's mission.
In short, any rewards on the way are not given to the player.
To complete and finalise we would have one mission which is to dock and check the place out.

Thoughts? Atm, I'm not seeing how this can brake anything else, like all the other "storyish" missions are manually found/searched for/triggered by other means which were not related to our fishy friend.
Last edited by lordmuck on Sat, 30. Jan 21, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

xant
x4

Re: Suggestion for new DLC - skip boron research / station option(receive them completed 100%)

Post by xant » Sat, 30. Jan 21, 21:48

I'm happy to inform you that this already exists! :)

The "Accomplished Scientist" game start spawns you right on your PHQ with 250k credits and a docked Nodan.

lordmuck
x4

Re: Suggestion for new DLC - skip boron research / station option(receive them completed 100%)

Post by lordmuck » Sat, 30. Jan 21, 22:04

xant wrote:
Sat, 30. Jan 21, 21:48
I'm happy to inform you that this already exists! :)

The "Accomplished Scientist" game start spawns you right on your PHQ with 250k credits and a docked Nodan.
Yes but that's a character start as I said in the whole paragraph, this is to be used for ANY player start. EX Terrans when they come in-game, or split or paranid.. etc.. So no it does not exist imo

xant
x4

Re: Suggestion for new DLC - skip boron research / station option(receive them completed 100%) Not player specific start

Post by xant » Sat, 30. Jan 21, 22:09

Oh, didn't read that part - sorry. ^^

But as far as I understood it, Egosoft is experimenting with custom game starts. It isn't unlikely that we'll see something to the degree you're proposing.

lordmuck
x4

Re: Suggestion for new DLC - skip boron research / station option(receive them completed 100%) Not player specific start

Post by lordmuck » Sat, 30. Jan 21, 22:16

See the idea is, perhaps id like to do the split storyline by starting as a split, yet want to skip the tedious HQ / research stuff. I would have thought that its not something too difficult to implement.

When you find the born mission - give an option to skip
if yes, give HQ/venture/research complete
if no, carry on as nothing happened.

Wehrwolf_10
x4

Post by Wehrwolf_10 » Sat, 30. Jan 21, 23:23

lordmuck wrote:
Sat, 30. Jan 21, 22:16
See the idea is, perhaps id like to do the split storyline by starting as a split, yet want to skip the tedious HQ / research stuff. I would have thought that its not something too difficult to implement.

This option for skipping a mission may not be to everyone's liking, including me. The fact that you have this "skip story" button will ruin the immersion for many players.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 02:38

Well, there is a start where you have already completed the HQ plot.
Egosoft is also working on a custom start. It might have an option to set some plot as already completed.
They cannot implemt a skip button for everything.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 20:35

Wehrwolf_10 wrote:
Sat, 30. Jan 21, 23:23
lordmuck wrote:
Sat, 30. Jan 21, 22:16

This option for skipping a mission may not be to everyone's liking, including me. The fact that you have this "skip story" button will ruin the immersion for many players.
xD immersion? Because that is not broken already with a number of issues the game has xD hahaa
TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Sun, 31. Jan 21, 02:38
Well, there is a start where you have already completed the HQ plot.
Egosoft is also working on a custom start. It might have an option to set some plot as already completed.
They cannot implement a skip button for everything.
I didn't say a skip button for everything, just the HQ plot and its research :/
If custom starts allow you to do the EG: Terran plot and allows you to uncheck some other "plots" which are just too tedious to repeat like the HQ (and it's simply given and done with), it's just too slow and dull for me after the Xth time
Honestly, I did not expect such negative responses :/ because if you don't want to skip click "no" its simple

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 20:42

Well considering the split starts are NOT their storyline and that you are able to do the split storyline from any start, the accomplished scientist would still meet some points.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Mon, 1. Feb 21, 14:06

Rastuasi wrote:
Sun, 31. Jan 21, 20:42
Well considering the split starts are NOT their storyline and that you are able to do the split storyline from any start, the accomplished scientist would still meet some points.
dude saying split was just an example.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Tue, 2. Feb 21, 06:55

lordmuck wrote:
Mon, 1. Feb 21, 14:06
Rastuasi wrote:
Sun, 31. Jan 21, 20:42
dude saying split was just an example.
My point remains however, there are no storylines that are start/race specific as of now (cannot guarantee what they'll do in future). Many mistake the starting mission you get as Split as the storyline, but it is not, it is just a side-quest. The main split storyline starts well into your save, on any start, even the paranid.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Tue, 2. Feb 21, 11:19

Yeah I'd like a custom start that allows me to just have all research finished and let me choose my initial faction relations and starting assets.

Return to “X4: Foundations”