Vigor suddenly destroyed my station...

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Reidquat
x4

Vigor suddenly destroyed my station...

Post by Reidquat » Tue, 6. Dec 22, 19:51

I played the Vigor start, and have had a station in Auroras Dream for a while, just a placeholder station really. Anyway - the Vigor destroyed it. I have good rep with them and only a few of their ships are hostile, but those few appeared and proceeded to destroy my station.
Fair enough, It's only a station, maybe they are just venting about something, maybe some bad Space Fuel and I get that, wasn't me but so it goes, but no messages at all that seem related. I am a bit confused as to why this might have happened.
Any ideas?

Rei Ayanami
x4

Re: Vigor suddenly destroyed my station...

Post by Rei Ayanami » Tue, 6. Dec 22, 20:42

Did the station produce anything that is illegal in VIG space? Food supplies, water, etc.
Did you enter their scrapyard area are a and they got angry at you?

Reidquat
x4

Post by Reidquat » Tue, 6. Dec 22, 20:50

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Tue, 6. Dec 22, 20:42
Did the station produce anything that is illegal in VIG space? Food supplies, water, etc.
Did you enter their scrapyard area are a and they got angry at you?
No to the first one, possibly one of my ships did something repulsive while I was looking the other way.
I did load up the previous auto-save which was about 15 minutes before it happened to see if I could catch whatever it was, but it didn't happen in the fifteen minutes or so I was watching it - everyone flying around like peaceful angels... so I have gone back to the save where it did happen so I can legitimately have a vendetta against the Vigor.

Still, I do wonder what it was...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 6. Dec 22, 21:34

Did you have an Argon-style habitat on that station? If so, it would require food rations to be delivered and stored there. If VIG detected food rations or water on the station, or even in a docked ship, it could set them off.

I once had a station in that same sector, gave it an Argon Dormitory and set to it purchase food rations for my workers. I was even buying food rations from VIG. But once they discovered food rations on the station, they surrounded it with swarms of fighters and proceeded to attack it. The solution to this was to build a non-Argon habitat and have it supplied with the appropriate food from a source outside VIG space (since water is also illegal so you can't build a food producing station anywhere within VIG space).
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Reidquat
x4

Post by Reidquat » Tue, 6. Dec 22, 22:04

Nanook wrote:
Tue, 6. Dec 22, 21:34
Did you have an Argon-style habitat on that station? If so, it would require food rations to be delivered and stored there. If VIG detected food rations or water on the station, or even in a docked ship, it could set them off.

I once had a station in that same sector, gave it an Argon Dormitory and set to it purchase food rations for my workers. I was even buying food rations from VIG. But once they discovered food rations on the station, they surrounded it with swarms of fighters and proceeded to attack it. The solution to this was to build a non-Argon habitat and have it supplied with the appropriate food from a source outside VIG space (since water is also illegal so you can't build a food producing station anywhere within VIG space).
I didn't have a habitat, but illegal goods sounds like the culprit - someone docked with some food or something, and it escalated from throwing donuts to energy weapons...

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 7. Dec 22, 07:01

Why is food illigal?

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 7. Dec 22, 07:30

Nanook wrote:
Tue, 6. Dec 22, 21:34

I thought they only cared about food production and transport? And not about having actual stores.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Wed, 7. Dec 22, 07:38

lordmuck wrote:
Wed, 7. Dec 22, 07:01
Why is food illigal?
Food & Water is illegal in Vigour space because the Vigour Syndicate is a pirate organization that wants to control the essentials needed by the Riptide Rakers (they're another faction in the Avarice system that can only be reached through Vigour space)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 7. Dec 22, 07:56

Once you are at +20 reputation with VIG and complete the promotion ceremony, you are automatically given a licence to move ice, water and food rations around Windfall and Avarice.

The restriction only applies to food rations and various food related intermediates. VIG is fine with you moving medical supplies and food of non-argon races around.

VIG is a pirate faction. As such they will try to pirate your traders and stations if reputation is sufficiently low. Sufficiently high reputation prevents them from pirating you. This logic applies to all pirates, including VIG, FAF, YAK, FRF, SCA, BUC, e.t.c. which can all be made to stop pirating you through story choices and gaining reputation. FAF might be bugged a bit currently, with their missions not spawning.

Make sure to pay VIG/RIP a licence for your station plot. Not owning a station plot is likely to cause some hostilities.

It is also possible that they tried to pirate your assets nearby your station and the resulting hostile state escalated. The solution in this case is to keep raising reputation until VIG stops pirating you.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 7. Dec 22, 08:47

Starlight_Corporation wrote:
Wed, 7. Dec 22, 07:38
lordmuck wrote:
Wed, 7. Dec 22, 07:01
Why is food illigal?
Food & Water is illegal in Vigour space because the Vigour Syndicate is a pirate organization that wants to control the essentials needed by the Riptide Rakers (they're another faction in the Avarice system that can only be reached through Vigour space)
Ohhhhh I see

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 11. Dec 22, 18:50

I thought the point of illegal food in VIG space was that they have a monopoly on selling it. Why would they attack a station for holding it...? They can't sell it if none survive buying it.
***modified***

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 12. Dec 22, 02:49

LameFox wrote:
Sun, 11. Dec 22, 18:50
I thought the point of illegal food in VIG space was that they have a monopoly on selling it. Why would they attack a station for holding it...? They can't sell it if none survive buying it.
Good question, but it seems like it's only player stations that may be affected, since I've never observed VIG attacking RIP stations, their main customers. It's possible it's an unintended consequence of using the same algorithms as is used for other illegal wares, since spacefuel and spaceweed factories are occasionally attacked for having those wares onboard. Just a guess. :gruebel:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations”