[Feature Request] Plz bring back "Trade Deals" from X:R

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Do u want to have "Trade Deals" from X:R in X4?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 29

Stroichik
x4

[Feature Request] Plz bring back "Trade Deals" from X:R

Post by Stroichik » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 15:14

Please bring back "Trade Deals" from X:R to X4. So that i could buy Trading Computer Mk2 for like 5 millions and then filter known trade deals by estimate profits and ability to order both buy and sell with 1 command, like in X:R. Preferrably not in map screen, cause map gets huge FPS drop. I dont want to see map, if there would be filter by profits in trades.

milytar
x4

Re: [Feature Request] Plz bring back "Trade Deals" from X:R

Post by milytar » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 15:19

Yes please!!!
And one day ... one day i will be there ...
And if not... then i will be here ...

Me

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 15:58

Yes, and I’ve been told they are considering this, so please keep up the advocacy! Here’s how I proposed it a while ago:
Port XR's fantastic trade window to X4 as an alternative to the map. Is this feasible without too much work? This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eLxA6cV-m4
I've seen many people agree that this would really help X4 (viewtopic.php?f=146&t=423361&sid=5b584c ... 0#p4945261).
I love your map, which clearly took tons of work and is great for many things, including many trades, but it currently takes a lot of clicks and moving of mouse (which is especially tough for gamepad users). Perhaps the toughest part is related to another idea: You need to ensure the map is zoomed exactly where it must be to avoid massive trade distances (this is especially hard with ultra-wide setups like mine, where it's really hard to "box in" a non-rectangular area of space, but I think it's rather tricky even with 16:9).
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 22:58

I‘ve asked for the return of X Rebirths Trade interface, minus the ship selection part of it, on several occasions. The map trading is nice and fancy but pretty useless.

And please not only the trade deals but also the trade computer interface (except it’s ship selection). That was a godsend.

Stroichik
x4

Post by Stroichik » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 00:37

I hope Devs will bring Deals back.

Stroichik
x4

Post by Stroichik » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 22:49

bump :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 10:54

The forum rules wrote:
Thu, 31. Aug 17, 12:06
• Bumping' of old or out of date topics is not encouraged, as is doing so to a more recent topic just to bring it back to the top.
Do not bump your thread. If there is interest in your topic then it will stay on the front page of its own accord.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 11:51

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 10:54
The forum rules wrote:
Thu, 31. Aug 17, 12:06
• Bumping' of old or out of date topics is not encouraged, as is doing so to a more recent topic just to bring it back to the top.
Do not bump your thread. If there is interest in your topic then it will stay on the front page of its own accord.
I find this topic interesting!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 17:04

I didn't vote b/c I honestly am not sure how I feel about this. I like that I can see the trades using the filters, which gives a better visual than the X:R Trade Deals did. But I wish I could click on a sector to add/remove the stations there to have a better way to control which "deals" I can see.

Stroichik
x4

Post by Stroichik » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 22:34

I'm not asking to remove or replace map trade. But since Devs added Transaction Log it means Devs are not against adding UI elements. So in my opinion adding Trade Deals from X:R is much better than adding useless Transaction Log. And Trade Deals doesn't hide trade offers, it simply pairs best possible sell offer and buy offer for each particular ware. So u can easily see how much money u must invest into deal, and how much profit u can get.

If Trade Deals could inherit Global Orders about activities in enemy sectors and not show Deals from behind enemy lines, then Trade Deals would be awesome alternative to map trades. My map drops my FPS from 40-50 to 20-15, its hard for me to trade through map, not to mention i cant choose best profitable deals right now.

Return to “X4: Foundations”