Devs could the little tug ships tow bailed / claimed s/m ships please?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordmuck
x4

Devs could the little tug ships tow bailed / claimed s/m ships please?

Post by lordmuck » Sat, 10. Dec 22, 14:44

Hey,

I was really hoping that this change could be added for a few reasons because it does not make any logical sense that you/the AI cannot tug a bailed / unclaimed ship.
If you can tug s/m wrecks etc... to get scrapped, why not a bailed/claimed(by the player) but pilotless one? (iv not tried only going from what I was told in another post.)

The player would save on one silly marine to turn into a crap captain/pilot and simply keep the service crew on the tug ship.

Due to the "cost" of the ship if bought surely this one specific ship would also remove some of the tedious space walks we need to do (a little more automation) and the p.i.a (if in the sector) watching a dumb marine fly around for a few mins to claim and board xD.

The tug ship could also end up being a little more important to buy/cap one for some players' play styles, by keeping one on a carrier/player-owned station or something that can carry a few s/m ships, or simply waiting in some other sector nice and safe until an order is issued to retrieve and a target location to tow to and dock the s/m ship in question.

An additional script could be added to tow/tug a ship to a dock and if the dock belongs to the player be it a station dock or landing dock on a L.. XL etc ship. The bailed / pilotless /unclaimed ship would automatically be turned over to the player just without a pilot/captain until one is designated. A tug ship could be set to "work for" a ship that has docks or a station for automation of bailed/unclaimed ships.

This could be taken one step further with the usual dull pilot level restrictions and could have auto tow bailed / unclaimed ships in a specific sector/ radius IF and only IF the player has a dock or ship that has a dock (and available space ofc) and IF the ship has been detected (on our radar / pointed out by a scout) OR an even stricter rule that the tug ship can only tow ships to a Resupplier class ship (but that would suck)

This could also open up some doors to our previous X series, the TM class ships, the tug ship could work for the TM class or at least work for our current ships that have docking bays.

And if my other prayers would be heard that landing a ship in a wharf or shipyard which has no pilot we could simply use the little check box in the loadout section of the wharf/shipyard to get a captain that would be damn epic -.- I remember this could not be done before.

Return to “X4: Foundations”