Bug: X4 Tides of Avarice - teleport to Windfell when using spacesuit

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Suniko

Bug: X4 Tides of Avarice - teleport to Windfell when using spacesuit

Post by Suniko » Thu, 14. Sep 23, 11:19

Hi All,

I just bought X4 Tides of Avarice expansion, started new game and after doing few missions I encountered weird bug. Detailed description of bug below:

1. When I have missions that requires exiting my spaceship and using spacesuit (opening lockboxes, fixing data leaks etc.) when I use exit vessel button my character is getting teleported to Windfell system near jumpgate.
2. After this happen mouse cursor is greyed out, I cannot move and do nothing.
3. Game is still running for some time and then it crashes with following error: Game has encoutered a problem.

It happens every time I am exiting any spaceship in empty space or near stations.
Any help to fix this bug is appeciated :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Bug: X4 Tides of Avarice - teleport to Windfell when using spacesuit

Post by CBJ » Thu, 14. Sep 23, 11:26

I'll move this to Tech Support, but you're going to need to provide more information for us to be able to help you. Take a look at this sticky thread at the top of that forum for the information we're going to need. :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 14. Sep 23, 12:08

Have you verified your X4 game installation recently and are you running any 3rd party mods?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Xyranoth
x4

Post by Xyranoth » Sun, 10. Dec 23, 21:27

I'm having the same problem.

After facing the twins and deciding to go against them, I captured their ship and left with it.
I continued playing normally, but after a while, I found that any time I tried to get into a Spacesuit, in whatever ship, I was teleported to the last sector without the ability to navigate.

Is there some fix for this yet?

Answering the questions made to the original poster: the games seem to be running normally otherwise, and I don't use any mods.

Xyranoth
x4

Post by Xyranoth » Sun, 10. Dec 23, 22:11

OK, I posted too soon, but I'll do this update for the next person coming to check on this.

I tried teleporting back from the bug to my ship, and it works, except that if I take control of the ship, I cannot control it anymore, so that's no good.

The next thing I tried was to dock at the station and use Spacesuit from the station, and it worked! I proceeded with my research of this particular module I came all the way to see, then flew back to the station and hopped on my ship. The next stop was another station with an interesting module, and now the Spacesuit was working from my ship (Shih). Out and back in, and it was as if there never was a bug.

So:
1. Avarice can trigger a spacesuit bug in all ships; in my case, it was in the Leap of Fate.
2. To bug makes you lose flight control in the suit; in my case, it also teleported me to the last sector I was, next to the jump gate or anomaly.
3. Using the spacesuit from a random station fixed the bug for me (in Black Hole Sun IV).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Dec 23, 22:14

Have a look at the Tech Sp required info thread that CBJ linked above. By far the most useful evidence would be an open public sharing link to an uploaded vanilla save showing the issue happening or reliably about to happen.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Steino

Post by Steino » Sun, 12. May 24, 15:10

Any update on this issue? Keeps happening to me too. Had to install a mod to speed up the spacesuit due to the amount of times I need to fly back to my ship. Happens at a random point in a savegame. Had a terran cadet start where it didn't happen for like 19 hours of playtime. In my current save it happened pretty quick once in Windfall 1 and in "light of Heart" (OTAS Territory from X:RE Mod). Getting teleported back to the last sector I visited close to the gate. Getting triggered by leaving the ship in a spacesuit and you get teleported + your controls are locked until you reload.
Xyranoth wrote:
Sun, 10. Dec 23, 22:11
OK, I posted too soon, but I'll do this update for the next person coming to check on this.

I tried teleporting back from the bug to my ship, and it works, except that if I take control of the ship, I cannot control it anymore, so that's no good.

The next thing I tried was to dock at the station and use Spacesuit from the station, and it worked! I proceeded with my research of this particular module I came all the way to see, then flew back to the station and hopped on my ship. The next stop was another station with an interesting module, and now the Spacesuit was working from my ship (Shih). Out and back in, and it was as if there never was a bug.

So:
1. Avarice can trigger a spacesuit bug in all ships; in my case, it was in the Leap of Fate.
2. To bug makes you lose flight control in the suit; in my case, it also teleported me to the last sector I was, next to the jump gate or anomaly.
3. Using the spacesuit from a random station fixed the bug for me (in Black Hole Sun IV).
EDIT: The trick mentioned above works. Before leaving your ship, dock at a station and on the elevator select to leave the station in your spacesuit. Dock at one of you ships docked there or the spacestation and afterwards I can leave my ship again in spacesuit without getting teleported. BIG thanks for this workaround.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 12. May 24, 18:16

No, there is no update, because nobody ever provided the information that they were asked to that would have enabled us to investigate. You haven't either, but if you've installed a mod then you may not be able to do so anyway.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”