x4 foundations 3 fps issue

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zeek7
x4

x4 foundations 3 fps issue

Post by zeek7 » Wed, 15. May 24, 09:39

Hello, I bought x4 foundations on steam and I can't get it to run with more than 3 fps. I have a amd 7 series cpu and a nvidia gtx 1660 Ti with max Q design gpu. I also have to disable my integrated amd gpu everytime I want to launch the game. I've gone into the game settings and I've turned automatic gpu detection off already and it doesn't change anything. I've also put all of the graphic settings on low as well as optimized my game settings with geforce experience. Nothing I do helps and on paper I should be able to run this game perfectly. What am I missing? As of right now this game is completely unplayable and there seems like nothing I do helps anything. My cpu and gpu don't go above 30% when running the game either.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: x4 foundations 3 fps issue

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. May 24, 10:43

" What am I missing? "

Without much information, we honestly can have no idea. At the very least say if your game or save is 3rd party modded/edited and provide a link to a recent DxDiag.

X4 needs dedicated and integrated graphics both to have the latest WHQL/release drivers and hence Vulkan; quite unintuitively they still seem to handshake somehow during X4 play.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

zeek7
x4

Post by zeek7 » Wed, 15. May 24, 20:53

My game is not modded and I've already updated both drivers. What is a dxdiag?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. May 24, 21:00

It's all in the Tech Sp forum sticky thread that you read before posting here - right? :D I even linked it in my post above. (Click on the brown underlined bit of my text if you weren't aware of links.)

That link tells you what to provide and how to link stuff here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 16. May 24, 21:30

We need to know what hardware you have to be able to estimate what performance you should be getting. A " amd 7 series cpu" is not enough detail as something like a Ryzen 7 1700X is orders of magnitude slower than a Ryzen 7 7800X3D despite both being Ryzen 7 CPUs. This is part of the details that a dxdiag listing provide, along with other information which can help diagnose issues. Dxdiag listings are only applicable for Windows users, Linux users need to provide other information as per the sticky.

3 fps is very low, even for quite old CPUs. In addition to the above, does task manager, or linux equivalent, show any particular part of your system running at a high percent utilisation?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”