[TC] Scan the Pirate Ship bug.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The-Fletch
x3tc

Scan the Pirate Ship bug.

Post by The-Fletch » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 23:25

Hi everybody, this is my first post here. I can't believe that I've only just got into the X universe. I was a major fan of elite and this is right up my street.

Anyway, I have a problem with the Terran Pilot plot. Part of one of the missions is to scan the ship where the pirate Nova goes. I got really close to it (as close as I could without hitting it) and no scan was performed. I even went and bought a freight scanner but that doesn't work either. Is this a bug, and what can I do about it?

Thanks for reading.

eddywolf001
x3tc

Post by eddywolf001 » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 23:29

you need to follow the pirate but not get to close 15/20k eventualy leads you to its base then u get close to that and scan it

The-Fletch
x3tc

Post by The-Fletch » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 23:31

Yeah, I was far enough away from the Nova. The mission briefing now says that I have to scan the pirate ship but I can't.

eddywolf001
x3tc

Post by eddywolf001 » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 23:37

did it get to it's base ? i should go to the unknown sector near ptni ow whatever it called it the base u need to scan there is a post on the forums somewere that goes through all the missions

The-Fletch
x3tc

Post by The-Fletch » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 23:39

Yes it got to it's base. The mission briefing was to follow the non-Xenon ship to it's base, which I did. Then the briefing changed to scan the pirate ship. I've checked the walkthrough and I've followed it to the letter.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 23:57

What is the mission guidance pointing to? Normally it is the base you scan. Wonder what is going on here?!

M

The-Fletch
x3tc

Post by The-Fletch » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 00:10

Never mind. I thought I'd give it one last go before I went to bed and it managed to scan it. I decided to just fly really close to the ship and all the way around it. It started scanning when I reached the front of the ship. I think it was because I was scanning the back of the ship before.

Strange but it's all sorted now. Thanks for your help anyway.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 03:40

all those mission scan ship/station things require you to be within 400m of the target

baylock
x4

Post by baylock » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 05:41

if you are where i think you are, then its a little more complex than just getting close.

the pirate base being made of ships i think the computer gets a little confused. i was literally inside what would have been the engine bay and it still would not scan for me. turns out its down to the angle you come in from as well as the distance.

try approaching the base from above or below. or skimming along the hull.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 06:23

to be more exact, the distance counter is set to a point inside the base/ship and there is only certain places on the base/ship where you can actually get the counter down to 400m since ships on X3 are quite large.

The-Fletch
x3tc

Post by The-Fletch » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 07:37

Thanks, it all makes sense now. Should come in handy for future missions.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 15:35

The-Fletch wrote:Thanks, it all makes sense now. Should come in handy for future missions.
It's only the plot missions that require this peculiar behavior, and I think there's only one other plot mission where it applies (although you're not scanning in that one).
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 17:57

and I think there's only one other plot mission where it applies
Spoiler
Show
There are jump beacons to scan in the Terran missions, a Khaa'k station to scan in the Final Fury missions and IIRC you have to get that close to the Aldrin station to 'explore' it? Plus the tracking device bit I think you are alluding to.
Unless my memory is shot, which is always an option!

M

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”