[MOD] X2: Firelance 4.0.4 [RELEASE] [16/June/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Farrelli
xr

Post by Farrelli » Sat, 3. Sep 05, 00:58

Got it man cheers :D I'm off now to play all nite, time to put the boot into those split scum :twisted:

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 3. Sep 05, 05:40

Farrelli wrote:Got it man cheers :D I'm off now to play all nite, time to put the boot into those split scum :twisted:
Enjoy. :)

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 3. Sep 05, 09:33

I got the mod and tried it. Jumped in my Mercury and started mining. Things went wrong when I found out there is no Ore Collector onboard. :shock:

Maybe a thing to watch next time.

Stealth
x2

Post by Stealth » Sat, 3. Sep 05, 10:39

Congratulations, you just evaded the first minefield in the start. ;) If you hadn't been observant, you would've been bouncin off roid chunks now. Repeatedly. ;)

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Sat, 3. Sep 05, 14:13

A question, I just tried starting a new game and tried the first mission where you have to the deliver computer componants, but the game simply crashed back o desktop. :?

Anyway i only been playing in cutom univers and only just tried the normal game mode. I didn't encounter any problem, in custom univers. only in normal game mode.

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 3. Sep 05, 14:49

Graaf wrote:I got the mod and tried it. Jumped in my Mercury and started mining. Things went wrong when I found out there is no Ore Collector onboard. :shock:

Maybe a thing to watch next time.
I updated the starting Mercury so it includes an Ore Collector.
D_Zorro wrote:A question, I just tried starting a new game and tried the first mission where you have to the deliver computer componants, but the game simply crashed back o desktop.

Anyway i only been playing in cutom univers and only just tried the normal game mode. I didn't encounter any problem, in custom univers. only in normal game mode.

DZorro,
The only time I've gotten a CTD from that mission, is when I had a runaway script going. You might want to do a fresh install of X2 so you don't have any forgotten scripts running.

Farrelli
xr

Post by Farrelli » Sat, 3. Sep 05, 15:38

Hi first off let me say this is a really nice mod :thumb_up: :thumb_up: but I have a problem when I'm doing the mission were I have to collect that Boron speed demon Mi ton on the way back when I get attacked the mystery ship that should save me flys straight through me and when the cut sene ends my ship blows up I have maxed the shields and wepons but it makes no difference, also I noticed the ship your given for the mission has a 125mw shield should this be installed on the ship or is it just for the selling?

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 3. Sep 05, 15:48

Farrelli wrote:Hi first off let me say this is a really nice mod :thumb_up: :thumb_up: but I have a problem when I'm doing the mission were I have to collect that Boron speed demon Mi ton on the way back when I get attacked the mystery ship that should save me flys straight through me and when the cut sene ends my ship blows up I have maxed the shields and wepons but it makes no difference, also I noticed the ship your given for the mission has a 125mw shield should this be installed on the ship or is it just for the selling?
Set your back turret to missile defense. It's probably a stray missile hitting you after the cutscene ends. Oddly, the Pirate ships dissappear, but any missiles they shot don't.

Stonerkrieg
x3

Post by Stonerkrieg » Sun, 4. Sep 05, 06:59

Stealth wrote:It's got something to do with either your installation, your DirectX, codecs or the lack of Gunnery Crews. While the mod does utilize Gunnery Crews, it laxes the restrictions and allows use of "lesser" commands. All the CTDs only have to do with the core game, not the mod itself.
Just had the problem myself.Fresh install ,1.4 Patch,latest version of the bonus material.All bonus scripts.Docked at T.c HQ after first mission ,crash to desktop.Loaded last autosave(crystal fab).Returned to T.C.,docked CTD.Uninstalled,reinstalled,rinse and repeat except that the crash occuered during the second mission when doking at the Boron Trading station.
Funny,I've NEVER had this problem in the year and a half I've played this game.

Farrelli
xr

Post by Farrelli » Sun, 4. Sep 05, 14:45

Hi all is anyone else having a problem with the trader softwear mk3? my pilots rank is not showing up beside his name and when I start the sector trading the name shows up as mine so I have to start the universe trader to get a pilot, he sends me a message saying he cant start the universe trader then I start the sector trading but I gets no rank. My ships are maxed out with wepons and shields and I have no problems with other mods.
A shiny penny for the man that helps me :)

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 4. Sep 05, 14:51

Stonerkrieg wrote:
Stealth wrote:It's got something to do with either your installation, your DirectX, codecs or the lack of Gunnery Crews. While the mod does utilize Gunnery Crews, it laxes the restrictions and allows use of "lesser" commands. All the CTDs only have to do with the core game, not the mod itself.
Just had the problem myself.Fresh install ,1.4 Patch,latest version of the bonus material.All bonus scripts.Docked at T.c HQ after first mission ,crash to desktop.Loaded last autosave(crystal fab).Returned to T.C.,docked CTD.Uninstalled,reinstalled,rinse and repeat except that the crash occuered during the second mission when doking at the Boron Trading station.
Funny,I've NEVER had this problem in the year and a half I've played this game.
Try downloading the mod again to make sure you didn't get a bad download.

What difficulty level are you playing in?

Aketzali
x3tc

Post by Aketzali » Sun, 4. Sep 05, 18:32

I have downloaded the mod again and tested it. I was quite pleased, since I had just sold a large quantity of ore that I had mined and was now on a mission in Antigone Memorial for buying Meatsteak Cahoonas to a factory. However, at the moment I docked at the Cahoona Bakery X2 crashed to desktop.

I hope that there is a solution to this, since I otherwise really like this mod.

EDIT: I started on the "normal" difficulty level.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 4. Sep 05, 18:56

Try playing the game in "Easy" mode and see if that fixes you up.

EDIT* Grab the 1.02 version. It fixes a problem with the Mercury spawn that caused some people to crash.
Last edited by SteelRush on Sun, 4. Sep 05, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sun, 4. Sep 05, 21:24

Not really. I have the same problem as Aketzali. I CTD everytime I enter a station and I'm running on Easy. I already turned of Autosave when entering stations, but that didn't work either. I'll try a fresh install.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 4. Sep 05, 21:40

I was able to talk to someone having the problem over MSN and get it straightened out. It seems my Mercury spawn script was causing the crash for some people, so it was dumped, and the Mercury has been added straight to the map. Just download and install the new version.

If you aren't having any problems, you probably don't need this, but it would be good to have for any future restarts.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sun, 4. Sep 05, 22:32

A new install didn't help, so I hope the new version does the trick. Downloading V1.02 right now. Unfortunately result wont appears before tomorrow evening.

Forgot to ask. Do I have to restart?

Stealth
x2

Post by Stealth » Sun, 4. Sep 05, 22:45

Unfortunately you will, as the map had to be altered, and every non-scripted map change means a restart. Sorry about the inconvenience, but now you know why us betas and devs were going out of our minds while testing - each map revision meant a new game. :wink:

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sun, 4. Sep 05, 22:59

No problem about restarting. The CTD occured with the 4th docking procedure. I was doing some taxi missions.

Viet0ne
x3

Post by Viet0ne » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 07:02

Im having a problem with my argon titan not being able to dock at any shipyards.

It said Dock Granted but then goes in circles near the shipyard like its going to dock but then just keeps going and tries again and again.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 09:41

That's not a problem with the mod, that's a problem with your ship.
Try buying some rudder upgrades. Your ship can't make a tight enough turn to dock.
(or you can manually line it up on a straight in shot, and then use the dock command)
Cheers.

Edit: ahh, I see from reading the readme, that rudder optimizations were removed. That means that the Titan is not set up in the tships as having a sufficiently high turning radius to be able to dock. The devs are gonna have to make that sucker a bit more agile, or you're going to have to get used to manually lining up for docking. ;)
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”