ALERT! Version 1.4 of DDTC is available for download!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Regeaj

Post by Regeaj » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 16:11

Regeaj wrote:Is their any way to disable the backgrounds? I dont like them, and they are also buggy

http://s3.directupload.net/images/100327/ww7vxjs6.jpg
I have to excuse myself, apparently it was caused by the cockpit mod, which I had indeed installed.

I have heard that in a future release there will be a Cockpit Mod included in DDTC?

Larent

Post by Larent » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 18:20

Please allow me to take your question over: :D

How to disable the new backgrounds?

Sorry, but first off all they cause my game to lag like hell. I mean I have quite a high-end PC, but still with the backgrounds I got 1sec-2sec pauses in midgame.

Second, the backgrounds MIGHT look impressive in some sectors...In other they are just too much. Space is black, and if you enter the 10th sector with a pink nebula it just gets annoying.

Third, sometimes the backgrounds just dont fit in. I mean sometimes you just see that they are actual photos "copy&pasted" on the background.

So, is there a DDTC version without the backgrounds?

eddywolf001
x3tc

Post by eddywolf001 » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 15:38

yay finaly able to log back in

ok .... dam great mod ...... realy great

but :-
the 'hulk' is invincible even after you cap it
to many free m6's
no engin glow on the x-wing .... also lights that are supost to be on the ends of the wings are in the middle of them

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 23:18

the 'hulk' is invincible even after you cap it
What do you mean? By invincible, do you mean God Mode?
to many free m6's

The free M6 loophole will be plugged in next build. So enjoy it while you can.

Thanks for heads up on X-Wing effects.

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 06:01

I've been having interesting issues with it, the two I've been unable to stop are thus:
in some sectors, I see huge (80+) swarms of those little flying saucer thingies,
-advanced satellites show up as Arrows. (They still act like sats, but register on you screen and with Betty as 'Arrow'
I've got no clue.
A tinker
And maker of models

eddywolf001
x3tc

Post by eddywolf001 » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 11:24

yes m8 it in god mode....

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 23:38

Hi all

A small insight of content in our next version of DDTC mod(only so that you can see we are not just fixing bugs) :lol:

Cheers

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Sun, 4. Apr 10, 05:08

OOOh that's pretty!

Spare a moment to give a novice ship modeler a tip? :?

I want to, as an exercise, modify an existing X3 texture and save it as a new one, then export it with my model part as usual.

BUT DBOX is giving me errors about "can't find that DDS" file.

So, I am stuck with using only stock X3 textures (but at least I can UV Map them as I like).

What is the trick?

Thanks!!

:lol:
This is my signature -

Current project: Get some Blake's 7 ships into X3:R and TC

That was my signature.

Kieren_the_vexed
x2

sorry, shipyard missions again.

Post by Kieren_the_vexed » Sun, 4. Apr 10, 11:37

Hi,

Loving the mod but i just have a possible snag. So far I have done a load of the yaki shipyard mission, (enough for a naggy) and failed one argon. I've also done 1 teladi. So far the split won't give me a mission and the argon one hasn't been re-offered yet. I'm privaliged something of rhonkar and would have expected to see an offer by now. The boron don't seem to want my help eitger. I'm Queens knight.

So my questions is are my ranks high enough for the ones i'm not being offered ? Are they broken and can they be fixed ?

Thanks in advance and the new ship looks saweeeet
Better to let everyone think your a crap pilot than to get in a ship & prove it.

eddywolf001
x3tc

Post by eddywolf001 » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 01:28

i believe that if you fail the first missions for a shipyard they dont offer any more

and s for the others they might have sent the invite but it got lost in the spam :roll: tryed going to the shipyards that usualy triggers another mail from them

edit :- yes the new ship looks good ... almost otas .. TL ish

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 13:45

@MarkulXL

Sorry for my late response.Easter and all :wink:

You must put your new texture insaid the game(put it in a mod and then put that mod in game folder as a fake patch).

Kieren_the_vexed
x2

shipyards

Post by Kieren_the_vexed » Tue, 6. Apr 10, 20:33

@eddywolf001

Thanks for the reply. I have been around them all to see if they are offering and I'm currently helping the Teladi. It would be terrible if they don't make another offer. I should have reloaded really but can't remember why I didn't. Still its done & I'm not restarting again. Hopefully if there is a patch or an udate they'll sort it.
Better to let everyone think your a crap pilot than to get in a ship & prove it.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 7. Apr 10, 03:22

Kieren_the_vexed,
yeah, we'll have to make a patch to enable folks who fu*% up the first mission to get a re-offer down the road. Should have some hefty requirements though: great race rep; high combat score, etc.

But even if you're locked out of RTI missions, you can still capp their ships :twisted:

limbhacker123
xr

Help!

Post by limbhacker123 » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 16:58

I've been playing DDTC for a while now and I LOVE it. I do have a question however, how does one find terran sector X? I have it on my map and I have a jumpdrive I just cant seem to get there because I have no jump gates that i've found in that sector. Any help would be appreciated.

Joman
x3tc

Post by Joman » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 17:15

its fly to elysion of light and just fly north eventhely you will find it or go to HE and fly to the east in some time :roll: i think it is best to use the gate in HE couse it is clouser.
I know, i know. DONT blame me for my english.

limbhacker123
xr

THanks

Post by limbhacker123 » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 17:37

THanks for the Help!

Joman
x3tc

Post by Joman » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 12:21

is it possebel to un-install the mod without to start an new game?
I know, i know. DONT blame me for my english.

eddywolf001
x3tc

Post by eddywolf001 » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 16:17

i believe it will crash the game if you try playing it without the mod

and on another note

:- problem with the guns on a charon mk2 - all guns exept rear wont shoot, seems ot be a cockpit positioning problem as when in the side guns u can see the inside of the ship

and simlar problem with the new taladi m7... whatever the name is

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 03:42

@Joman:
am not sure I understand your question. Any DDTC custom starts should only be available if you are using DDTC mod. If you've started a new game with the mod, and want to uninstall it and continue your campaign in vanilla..bad things will probably happen, like a ctd. Better to start a fresh, unmodded vanilla game.

Thanks eddywolf001

I'd tested the Charon myself many months ago, and she checked out fine..so something must've gotten borked in the last version. When fully sorted she's a great light frigate Flakship.

Didn't know about the new Saker M7. We'll get it sorted in the next build.

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Sat, 17. Apr 10, 01:42

Please, someone can help me?

I need to find
Spoiler
Show
a Acheron in Unknown Sector, with coordinates 13,-12,104
, but where is this sector?

I found many sectors, but I can´t find the correct sector.

Thanks

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”