X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 20:54

lupoluke wrote:
Dumminion wrote:You have to bind a key for the menu with the difficult settings.
thanks

another question: is just me or shield recharger and sector trader doesn't work?

nor the ione neither the second which every time goes in stand by...

also: how do i enable bbs?
Sector traders don't work in sectors with ships of hostile races, so you need to move them to sectors where there are no hostile race ships.

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 21:07

lupoluke wrote:
Dumminion wrote:You have to bind a key for the menu with the difficult settings.
thanks

another question: is just me or shield recharger and sector trader doesn't work?

nor the ione neither the second which every time goes in stand by...

also: how do i enable bbs?
Shield recharger and lazer recharger both require hardware aswell as assigning a hotkey. Check EQ docks.

Try locating a sector with a food chain (Bogas> Bofu>End User) and Solar Power plants for E-cells to all factories. Had big difficulty myself, wish there was a local trader option (1 sector around current) too.
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 22:11

lupoluke wrote:
X2-Eliah wrote:gns - set a hotkey ;)
shield/weapon rechargers - you need to have the appropriate extension on your ship to use those hotkeys.
thanks in advance but i have both of them and the key is configurated (shift plus +).

The weapon recharher is ok. Not instead for the shield recharger.

btw: the ship i am flying is the raptor
Spoiler
Show

someone could tell me the leviatan plot cause i entered in bean, i get the message and without reading it, I close it immediatly
Check your log for a newly connected sector, then go there, looking for a blue book mission.
You can also check your mission log (have to bind a key to it).

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 22:35

Is anyone else getting blinking ship textures from the new weapon fire effects?

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 00:00

I use steam version and havnt seen some of the ships. ive seen no atf ships apart from valhalla. + other obvious like phoenix mk2 and megalodon etc. downloading the 1.0a now ill test and get back to the forum if any problems. also i downloaded a khaak script file some guys were trying after having probs with overpowered khaak weapons and it seems to have solved the issue. the original file installed into scripts ok and steam hasnt updated anything but the original file had a different date to the new script file. the new one works fine if anyone else has probs.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 01:12

And the customizing continues I see..lol.

Here's something odd, I was in Merindasa Prime and just finished a mission there. I docked at a station and was getting some e cells when I got a message. I checked it and it said something like:

" You pirate scum, your boss got killed attacking our station and we have given your name to the authorities. You can be sure that bounty hunters will be after you soon."

Well that's fine since the mission I was doing is done, I've been paid, and got my rep gain, and my miner is doing just that, mining, so I have positively no idea what this message is for, and really hope that bounty hunters aren't coming after me, since I didn't do anything to start with..hehehe.

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 01:48

KRM398 wrote:And the customizing continues I see..lol.

Here's something odd, I was in Merindasa Prime and just finished a mission there. I docked at a station and was getting some e cells when I got a message. I checked it and it said something like:

" You pirate scum, your boss got killed attacking our station and we have given your name to the authorities. You can be sure that bounty hunters will be after you soon."

Well that's fine since the mission I was doing is done, I've been paid, and got my rep gain, and my miner is doing just that, mining, so I have positively no idea what this message is for, and really hope that bounty hunters aren't coming after me, since I didn't do anything to start with..hehehe.
Had a similar experience in a Teladi mission. In a Terran Katana with a tractor beam was offered a' tow ship to dock mission', said dock was on other side of jump gate plus max speed of 80 made the time look tight-ish. accepted and got jumped by M8's on other side of gate, then on next try M6 marauders. Eventually got my ships in place after a break and there was.... nothing attacking me! Got ship to near the dock, thank you message, mission completed comes up and I get rank increase and credits. Very soon after get distress call, 'ship life support has failed and reactor is leaking', mission fail comes up, lose rank! Next try I jumped out soon as I'd dropped them off and it didn't fail.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 02:53

The-Gizmo wrote:
Aragon Speed wrote:We have had a few reports that the first installer did not always overwrite needed files correctly, especially with steam installs. We have now uploaded a fixed version of the installer for everyone.

We recommend that everyone downloads this version of the installer and updates their install by removing the original files via add/remove programs, and then re-installs using this installer. Your save games should be fine, no need for a restart.

You can find the torrent file for the fixed installer here: http://www.thexuniverse.com/downloads.p ... &fileid=15

The file is up at ModDB, but as usual we are waiting for it to be auth'ed.
We can do what the manual says and just uninstall/reinstall XTC without reinstalling X3TC itself right? (non-steam install)
Yes, no need to reinstall TC, just the mods files. ;)
davesom555 wrote:Hi all could someone please direct me to where I can find information on the X-tended mod ship computer voice? Whenever I enter a sector it says the sector name in both the new "betty" voice and the old TC voice. I heard there was something about a missing file or file version - if so does anyone know where this file can be retrieved from?
That was one of the symptoms of the older installer not overwriting files correctly. Just uninstall the mod files and reinstall them with the fixed installer and it will fix that problem for you. ;)
Tw122le wrote:Uninstalled and re-installed with new Torrent file 1.0a, still no Nagoyas for sale. Seen them in Terrel so are in game. Tried new game start and save /reload to see if there'd be any change but no dice. Not complaining, happy with the toys I've got, looking forward to 2.0 eagerly. Q, is there an advantage to holding the trigger with M/AM launchers as I doubt the NPC ships will alter their fire?
Please report that bug over in our tech support forum.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/forums/281- ... port-Forum
TTD wrote:On another note...

These ships that get listed as green...They are not the same as derelicts from TC,then (??),as I went back to claim the Hydra in Boron space and it was gone !
Those are bailed ships and they are on a timer so even if someone whacks the bail chances right up, the universe will not become littered with bailed ships. As ships will now bail not only in Player vs NPC fights, but also in NPC vs NPC fights, there is the possibility for the universe to become very littered with high bail settings if they were not on a timer that makes them go boom. :)
Tw122le wrote:Had big difficulty myself, wish there was a local trader option (1 sector around current) too.
Use a sector trader. A small, fairly unknown function of the sector trader is that when they reach level 8, if you stop the sector trader command and then restart it (instead of turning them into a universe trader), you get an extra box appear that allows you to tell them how many sectors away they will trade from the one you start the command in.

The higher the level the higher the number of sectors they will do. Very handy if you just want them dealing with a local economy in x amount of sectors radius of their starting sector rather than jumping all over the universe. ;)

michal2010

Post by michal2010 » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 06:51

where can I buy m3 fighters? which pilots jump off most often? I'm Argon, flying aroung argon and boron sectors.Using 4 x PAC + 1 x Ion Disruptor. During fight i captured 1 poor M4 and i found 1 M5 and 1 M4.

No M3, no transport ships, nothing more valuable (excepy weapons). And there is no M3 on sale in Sirius 1. What should I do? Enemy M3s are too good equiped -it's really hard to fight with m4 against good equiped m3 with back gun turret.

So where can I buy one?

What is more - anybody made any map? Where are taladi or Paranid sectors? I wanna try to pirate something - but i dont want to attack anybody in Argon or Boron space (as I remember it decrease our ranks among race that holds particular sector)

question: do we gonna see "invasions" - so will we see when one race invade sector that belongs to other race? Is it possible to take over the sector??

ps - I played before in some mod "invasions" or something like that. With pack of mod installed (but i resigned, because something was wrong there - races attacked their sectors with great chaos. These fights looked very strange - as sometimes i saw that big ships couldnt fire and were defensless (some bugs) - it was about more than year ago. I hope this mod will be something similiar - but without all these bugs :)

Yaotzin

Post by Yaotzin » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 10:08

michal2010 wrote:where can I buy m3 fighters? which pilots jump off most often? I'm Argon, flying aroung argon and boron sectors.Using 4 x PAC + 1 x Ion Disruptor. During fight i captured 1 poor M4 and i found 1 M5 and 1 M4.

No M3, no transport ships, nothing more valuable (excepy weapons). And there is no M3 on sale in Sirius 1. What should I do? Enemy M3s are too good equiped -it's really hard to fight with m4 against good equiped m3 with back gun turret.

So where can I buy one?
In XTC there are two sorts of shipyards, usually called Shipyard and Wharf or somesuch variant. Shipyard sells stations and the big ships, wharves sell everything else. The Argon wharf is in Sirius 2.
What is more - anybody made any map? Where are taladi or Paranid sectors? I wanna try to pirate something - but i dont want to attack anybody in Argon or Boron space (as I remember it decrease our ranks among race that holds particular sector)
Scorp's map works. Teladi sectors are east side past Aldrin. Paranid is south from Bean.

darianle

Post by darianle » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 10:32

I am having issues with my M7... (capture or bought from shipyard)

1. Not able to get salvage insurance. Too large to dock anywhere to buy it. Salvage insurance does not transfer from ship-to-ship

2. Some ship class are not able to transfer over equipments to the M7. For example: I can not xfer over equipmenst from my M6 to my M7 - only Marines. I can xfer over stuff from my TS to my M7... but i cant xfer it back. The items does not even show up on the xfer to/from menu.

3. "Boarding" under privacy is no longer showing up on my M7..only "Claim" - even when i transfer over EVERY single equipment from a ship that was able to use Boarding....

3.1 Captured ships are always empty... :( i think this is a known issue

This a bug? any work around? I loves me some piraacyyyy!

Thanks

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 10:39

M7 have never been able to board and wont ever be. Except M7 with boardingpods.

Salvage Insurance is "global", like a police license. You dont have it on a special ship. Just dock with any other ship you have, or your spacesuit, and buy them.

Some ships have inbuilt software (different as in vanilla), that cant be transfered. Make sure your install is valid -> use the installer that was uploaded a few hours ago.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

darianle

Post by darianle » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 10:45

You can spacewalk marine with M7... (from what i remembered). But that option isnt available

Salvage insurance "should" be global... but not. when I transfer ship in space, ANY ship....I can not save. "...salvage insurance is required.."
*** i actually just did a test and when i changed ship, it appears that ALL my salvage insurance has disappear and i have to buy new ones **** not sure about police license.

Yea. i use the new installer and have did a complete installation with both the game and the patch several times.. no luck.. gahhh

thanks for the fast reply tho

the old one
x3tc

can not install extended

Post by the old one » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 11:22

down loaded v1.0 it does not show up and does not work but if i try a normal game my ship blows up,installed tc twice then patched and still would not work,any ideas,thanks the old one

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 11:35

The cockpit position in the Scimiter Vanguard? (Terran M3) seems wrong with a ghosting of the shell that can be seen from within when flying - Plus the Beta EMPCs will not fire -

I was reluctant to report this as a bug before asking as it is an existing model.

===

Is there a way to know what weapons you can manufacture in a weapon factory XL prior to purchase? - The reason I ask is that I have highest rep across races and bought the teladi one thinking that I could then manufacture Bolt railguns and cannons yet they are 'redded out' - and I was severely limited as to choice (alpha flak, beta flak, ppc, tachyon cannon, cig plus a few smaller ones).
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Tw122le
x3ap

Re: can not install extended

Post by Tw122le » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 12:09

the old one wrote:down loaded v1.0 it does not show up and does not work but if i try a normal game my ship blows up,installed tc twice then patched and still would not work,any ideas,thanks the old one
Try locating it via Windows start>Find files/programs>X-Tended. Usually goes to Downloads (you may have more than one! My torrent has its own in my documents).

If you dont get an XTC X-tended screen come up after clicking the normal Egosoft start/update/mod front panel then its not installed. I saved a copy of my old X3TC folder then uninstalled the game, deleteing the remaining folder contents afterwards and re-installed X3TC patched to v3.0 but no bonus pack, then installed X-tended.

Its totally a new universe so old games won't work - the old sectors aren't being used.

Tharaphita
x4

Post by Tharaphita » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 12:31

Loving the mod so far. Started with Teladi start. Terran seemed to OP and Split too hard. Tryied Split for 5h but unable to pick up even S cargo and running around with 1MJ shield was too hardore for me :D

Btw thumbs to work done with Borons. Im loving their weapon effects and new ships. Im gonna work in Boron space i think to get my rep. up there.

Ohh and those nasty Khaak.. Even the scouts cut my ship hull trough the shields.

oldrosestereo
x3tc

Post by oldrosestereo » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 13:32

darianle wrote:You can spacewalk marine with M7... (from what i remembered). But that option isnt available

Salvage insurance "should" be global... but not. when I transfer ship in space, ANY ship....I can not save. "...salvage insurance is required.."
*** i actually just did a test and when i changed ship, it appears that ALL my salvage insurance has disappear and i have to buy new ones **** not sure about police license.

Yea. i use the new installer and have did a complete installation with both the game and the patch several times.. no luck.. gahhh

oldrosestereo
x3tc

Post by oldrosestereo » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 13:34

darianle wrote:You can spacewalk marine with M7... (from what i remembered). But that option isnt available

If that M7 was capped, then that's the same problem I've seen. Those capped ships have over halfe the cargo hold filled with nothing, and if you transfer things like jumpdrive, they will not be removable from that ship. Try to sell all cargo and check the hold, if it's still half full, it's a defective ship.
Better to sell the ship off.
This problem has been reported.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 14:03

Actually you can remove transferred wares and extensions from the bugged ship captures, just eject them from in the freight menu and pick them up in another suitable ship.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”