X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 22:48

oldrosestereo wrote:Can anyone tell me if it's still possible to change trader pilots from one ship to another. I can't seem to find the option anymore.
you can but ive forgotten the exact peramiters.

i think its the same as vanilla. i found the command in special commands?:S

i think you need special command software at least.

ive changed many traders in xtc now . good service gets them a hyabusa lol :D
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 22:49

I was getting CTD every time I got into a major battle for a while, but I backed my textures off to 4x and stopped using PBE's on my ships, and for some reason, I haven't had one since.BUT..(thank god!) I finally got high enough rank with Teladi and got my SCS..hip,hip, and all that. Of course since I haven't found a single disabled ship..hehehehe,life goes on.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 22:54

You need to set the custom difficulty then if your not getting any bailing... I set some custom bail rates and set moral to 60%

I've found a few ships here and there, most of them though tend to get blown away by me, bailing in mid battle kinda hard to stop shooting :lol:

oldrosestereo
x3tc

Post by oldrosestereo » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 22:58

dougeye wrote:
oldrosestereo wrote:Can anyone tell me if it's still possible to change trader pilots from one ship to another. I can't seem to find the option anymore.
you can but ive forgotten the exact peramiters.

i think its the same as vanilla. i found the command in special commands?:S

i think you need special command software at least.

ive changed many traders in xtc now . good service gets them a hyabusa lol :D
Maybe I've got an issue with my install then, because I have all the software but no options, and I do remember using that feature in vanilla.
I am running 1.0 due to the "non claiming w/o software issue" in 1.1, so maybe it works in 1.1 and not 1.0?

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 23:07

Requiemfang wrote:You need to set the custom difficulty then if your not getting any bailing... I set some custom bail rates and set moral to 60%

I've found a few ships here and there, most of them though tend to get blown away by me, bailing in mid battle kinda hard to stop shooting :lol:
I had a similar issue, so I increased the hull% at which bailing can occur to 85%, so it's similar to vanilla (I also upped the bail rates a bit, though not by much - wanted to keep captures as a bit of a special event rather than making them routine). Increasing hull% did seem to make a difference, I do now get the occasional capture rather than constantly blowing them to bits.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 23:20

I have it set to 60% hull bail, I'm still in a fighter (Elite you get for the Argon start) I've of course upped the % amount for bailing for each ship type in the custom difficulty menu, nothing too unreasonable, don't want the universe to become littered after all.

So far I've gotten a few Xenon M's that malfunctioned and stopped working :D along with a few N's and a rare MX or two, I also happened across a Scimitar when passing through a Terran sector.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 23:23

All I've personally bailed is a P and an LX XD

Bailed the LX, was like AHH BAIL STOP SHOOTING, swung to the side to hit a P with no shields... and bail it too. XD
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 23:48

Sounds like you're both better at this than me, though I guess it could also be down to the ship I'm usually flying - a Cerberus with 4x Tetryon Pulse Launchers & 4x CIGs for main guns is a bit of a blunt instrument for capturing, even with a weapon config slot set to a single CIG for 'delicate' work... :)

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 23:56

LOL DELICATE!? few shots from a single CIG is enough to blow fighters into space dust :lol:

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 00:16

GCU Grey Area wrote:Sounds like you're both better at this than me, though I guess it could also be down to the ship I'm usually flying - a Cerberus with 4x Tetryon Pulse Launchers & 4x CIGs for main guns is a bit of a blunt instrument for capturing, even with a weapon config slot set to a single CIG for 'delicate' work... :)
CIGs for 'delicate work'...Like using a bazooka to swat a fly. :lol:

norc
x3ap

Post by norc » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 00:51

After a fresh install of X3TC I installed the XTC mod, but a few minutes or even seconds in the game will cause it to hang up. (As in game is not responding until the end of time).

Is this a known issue?

X3TC is patched to v2.5 (I have the Gold Edition), OS is Windows 7 64bit.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 01:10

norc wrote:After a fresh install of X3TC I installed the XTC mod, but a few minutes or even seconds in the game will cause it to hang up. (As in game is not responding until the end of time).

Is this a known issue?

think you need 3.0 for it to work. Win-7 64bit is not a problem for me.

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 01:31

VincentTH wrote:
norc wrote:After a fresh install of X3TC I installed the XTC mod, but a few minutes or even seconds in the game will cause it to hang up. (As in game is not responding until the end of time).

Is this a known issue?

think you need 3.0 for it to work. Win-7 64bit is not a problem for me.
Belive it needs to be v3.0 as said, usually advised not to install the bonus pack as the scripts are either catered for, or outdated compared to XTC.
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

norc
x3ap

Post by norc » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 01:41

Thanks VincentTH. Now I knew what I was looking for, and I found a few references to 3.0 on the official XTC forums. I'll give that a try in a moment.

I was so sure it was 2.5, but interestingly I cannot find any official "version requirement", not in the manual and not in the links suggested in the manual. *shrugs*

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 01:44

At least in my 1.0 game it is. Special command software in sector trader, at present Ive managed with ALL software and hardware inc fight 1 & 2 and trade 3 in new ship including 12 drones and 20 mosquito missles (Caiman Hauler UT) so fully maxed out.

Usually send both to position beside SPP as the UT invariably picks up E-cells first off.
Select sector trader > special command > move pilot > select new ship > pick station.
Neither ship moves but my pilots are already transferred so just click on UT and tell it to start trading.
Leastways thats whats working for me.
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

oldrosestereo
x3tc

Post by oldrosestereo » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 01:57

Tw122le wrote:
At least in my 1.0 game it is. Special command software in sector trader, at present Ive managed with ALL software and hardware inc fight 1 & 2 and trade 3 in new ship including 12 drones and 20 mosquito missles (Caiman Hauler UT) so fully maxed out.

Usually send both to position beside SPP as the UT invariably picks up E-cells first off.
Select sector trader > special command > move pilot > select new ship > pick station.
Neither ship moves but my pilots are already transferred so just click on UT and tell it to start trading.
Leastways thats whats working for me.
Thanks. I thought I might of had a problem, so started all new install to 1.1.
I believe XTC installed to Programs folder of a Vista OS was the main issue. I'll soon see.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 03:29

I downloaded XTC and fell in love with the far superior backgrounds, planets, and soundtrack. I don't suppose these files are available separately for integration into a vanilla game? :)
Q9550 / 3.4GHz
P5Q Deluxe / 400MHz
4GB HyperX DDR2 / 1066MHz
EVGA GTX 580 Superclock

Tharaphita
x4

Post by Tharaphita » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 08:50

I bought myself Cerberus. Seems to work well... 2 Akureis head on and those tachyon cannos in main+2 at front turrent chew trough them pretty nicely. Ahh yea 6x Mil shields aswell =) Up and Down turrents Alpha Flak-s and Meson Blaster at sides but seems very passive against fighter around it. Or something wrong with targeting.

Edit: If anyone else can share their m7 experience please do =)
Last edited by Tharaphita on Thu, 13. Jan 11, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.

Leeutjie
x3tc

X-tended Terran Conflict mod v1.1 freeze issue

Post by Leeutjie » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 09:05

Hi all

Allthough I'm very familiar with X3TC, the is the first time that I've had a problem with any mod/script and also the first time that i'm posting anything on the forums. I recently completed the vanilla game and decided a fresh look/feel/start is in order. The newly released v1.1 of the XTM mod looked like the best option, but here is my problem.

I have:
- Uninstalled X3 TC with all scripts and packages I had
- Installed a fresh version
- Installed the patch to 3.0
- Installed Xtended v1.1

I can start a new game (chose Argon Patriot) and ended up in a Buster in Xenon 103. There is nothing in the sector and all of the gates seem to go to the same sector. I get the notifications which tell me about all the plugins being installed. After about 1-2 mins everything freezes.

Please help me fix this! What do you need as more information?

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Regards

Leeutjie

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 09:34

edit -

i replied to a post i read 4 pages back and then realised the prob was solved in later pages lol doh!
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”