X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 10:42

VincentTH wrote: ...
Thanks a lot :) I knew about the M5-Feature but didn't want to 'spoil' the exploration of the new sectors. As I have still to find the gates but know now where to search (again...) I hope to succed during this weekend ;)

TOA: Very nice feature. You thought to have explored a sector but ...

e0s888

Post by e0s888 » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 11:50

GCU Grey Area wrote:
e0s888 wrote:Defensive systems? It should take down 80-90% of heavy missiles to rebalance the game properly.
The anti-missile defensive systems in the game do have at least that level of effectiveness (though I guess it's possible they haven't been implemented fully for the AI yet if you're managing to exploit the situation so effectively with your M8 ). For the player though a combination of ECM, chaff & good old missile defence turrets can make a ship almost completely immune to missiles, to the extent that I simply haven't bothered firing missiles at NPC ships, assuming they had the same defensive systems as I do (most capitals have ECM as a built-in component). I see no need to nerf missiles any further than ensuring anti-missile defences work for the NPCs too.
Ok I checked the chaff and ecm system and don't expect that it will blow most missiles in range of ship. So player can now fight easliy with m8.
But what about ai ships. I take my m8 and take down m7 cerberus in one shot, titan with 8 heavy missiles, and leviathan with around 20. Ai ships use only turrets and only titan manage to take down 2-3 missiles. So ecm and chaffs sytem will be for ai in next relases?

norc
x3ap

Post by norc » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 12:21

Mhm, I have a few troubles with upgrades. For example even though I have a sufficiently high ranks, I'm not able to buy more than only very few upgrade:
Jumpdrive, Mineral Scanner, Ore Collector, SITA, Trade MK III and Transporter Device. The really useful upgrades such as trading extension or docking computer - even though marked as available (i.e. not marked red) - the amount available (sounds weird enough) for those is 0.

Is this a bug? If yes, is there a workaround?

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 12:41

norc wrote:Mhm, I have a few troubles with upgrades. For example even though I have a sufficiently high ranks, I'm not able to buy more than only very few upgrade:
Jumpdrive, Mineral Scanner, Ore Collector, SITA, Trade MK III and Transporter Device. The really useful upgrades such as trading extension or docking computer - even though marked as available (i.e. not marked red) - the amount available (sounds weird enough) for those is 0.

This is a known glitch as they are not supposed to run out. Hopefully will be fixed in the next update. Not sure if there is a work around though. :gruebel:

oldrosestereo
x3tc

Post by oldrosestereo » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 13:29

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:
norc wrote:Mhm, I have a few troubles with upgrades. For example even though I have a sufficiently high ranks, I'm not able to buy more than only very few upgrade:

This is a known glitch as they are not supposed to run out. Hopefully will be fixed in the next update. Not sure if there is a work around though. :gruebel:
There is, Trickmov came up with a fix that works. It's in here some where, but check the bug threads, it's listed in there and easier to find..

norc
x3ap

Post by norc » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 13:34

oldrosestereo wrote:
SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:

There is, Trickmov came up with a fix that works. It's in here some where, but check the bug threads, it's listed in there and easier to find..
I found a reference, but I have no permission to follow the link and find out how that fix works! :(

http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/209 ... grades-Fix

oldrosestereo
x3tc

Post by oldrosestereo » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 13:50

norc wrote:
oldrosestereo wrote:
SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:

I found a reference, but I have no permission to follow the link and find out how that fix works! :(

It's in this forum, around page 93 or so.

norc
x3ap

Post by norc » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 14:02

oldrosestereo wrote:
norc wrote:
oldrosestereo wrote:
SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:

It's in this forum, around page 93 or so.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... start=1380

Gotcha. Thanks. :)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 14:23

Just boarded & captured a Pirate Polacca - great looking ship by the way (like an old X2 Titan with lots of extra bits bolted on the outside). Also, glad to see XTC's following the fine old X tradition of having ship descriptions which are nothing like the ships themselves (Boreas 'light' destroyers, 'fast' Falcons, that sort of stuff). In the case of the Polacca:
XTC Encyclopedia wrote: Though apparently frail, these ships are, in fact, incredibly robust and tough, capable of withstanding impacts that would rip other ships in half.
Err, no... not quite, they are, in fact, incredibly fragile compared to all of the other M2s (as I found out during the proving flight after fitting it out). On closer inspection, after reloading, I discovered it has a 95k hull (significantly less than that of most M7s) & shield regen which is really quite atrocious too (5,200MW is distinctly M7 grade).

Still a lovely ship to look at though, however I doubt I'll ever fly it again - that thing really is a flying death-trap.

norc
x3ap

Post by norc » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 14:29

Ok another issue.. is it normal that the CQ/DX variants of the ships disappear and never become available? Or is there another hotfix for that issue as well? ;)

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 14:40

norc wrote:Ok another issue.. is it normal that the CQ/DX variants of the ships disappear and never become available? Or is there another hotfix for that issue as well? ;)
That I think is random, same as in TC. As I'm still getting those version in my game anyways.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 14:44

That has nothing to do with XTC, the Mod-Team just changed the M and L-tags zu CQ and DX. Be patient, it will come back.

And it still applies what is known of X3TC: if the M/L-variant is not available, it is highly probable that the EQ-dock has this ware on stock - you can outfit your newly bought ship then.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 14:48

Currently CQ and DX are priced as the same, I've seen them in my game be priced the same... I assume that's either a bug/glitch or something they haven't added to the mod yet

oldrosestereo
x3tc

Post by oldrosestereo » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 14:52

zazie wrote:That has nothing to do with XTC, the Mod-Team just changed the M and L-tags zu CQ and DX. Be patient, it will come back.

And it still applies what is known of X3TC: if the M/L-variant is not available, it is highly probable that the EQ-dock has this ware on stock - you can outfit your newly bought ship then.
Do you know if it costs the same to outfit, or do you get a better price with the Shipyard "package deal"?

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 15:02

CQ/DX ships come with basic shield package for the ships, non military shields. I think the DX version would come prepacked with military shields but I don't know... it's likely it'll come packed with basic civilian shields and some weapons equipped. *shrugs*

oldrosestereo
x3tc

Post by oldrosestereo » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 15:32

Requiemfang wrote:CQ/DX ships come with basic shield package for the ships, non military shields. I think the DX version would come prepacked with military shields but I don't know... it's likely it'll come packed with basic civilian shields and some weapons equipped. *shrugs*
Yes I know what they come with, DX has standard sheilds, but better weapons btw. I was just asking about cost of DX vs. lowend and fitting out at EQ dock yourself, as far as cost. I can figure it myself, just at work atm and thought someone might of already figured it out. And I'm lazy :)

Darkwolf7

Post by Darkwolf7 » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 16:11

for wat it is worth it is a great modit needs work but the xtm for reunion was the same with problems and some were never fixed with all the versons nubers it had but the xtended mod is a good mod and i have faith in u guys to get it all worked out and i once again and i am at least one who is greatfull because it takes a long time to do wat u did and i understand
This reminds me of a story
i was............

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 16:12

You name it :D
I am sure that the price difference for standard-1MJ and advanced 500MJ-shield-freighters is exactly the difference for buying a 500MJ-shield. So no difference. And unless you use the 1.1-patch you can always (well, almost) upgrade the weapons as they are stocked at EQ-docks (unlike in X3TC).

Darkwolf7

Post by Darkwolf7 » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 19:08

i had a thought could you guys make a mass driver sheild that could be used to only stop shield penitrating rounds it would take a shield slot but at least you would not have to pay for dammage from mass drivers or at least a buffer before hand on your fighter the shield could be relitivly weak so you make a trade off of protection for protecting against any further of a investment
This reminds me of a story
i was............

e0s888

Post by e0s888 » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 19:14

Could I reduce delay betwen expansion after some hours of play? Or only on the beginning? I should set delay between expansions to value lesser then 100%? 50% will force to expand universe faster yeah?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”