X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mergoth
x3tc

Post by mergoth » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 13:43

Could someone explai how to start the plots? I have good relations with many races, and good trade ranks... and still nothing. Its too boring, nothing to do

oldrosestereo
x3tc

Post by oldrosestereo » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 14:17

mergoth wrote:Could someone explai how to start the plots? I have good relations with many races, and good trade ranks... and still nothing. Its too boring, nothing to do
Mine seems to have been trigered by discovering more areas of a particular race. So far, I've had an Argon and Paranid plot kick on.

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 15:23

Zircon13659 wrote:Hi xcom,

i have a question and cant finde the answer by searching :(

Where can i buy marines in xtc 2.0? military outposts dont have :(

Try
Spoiler
Show
Sirius II and Corona Borealis

yokogal

Post by yokogal » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 15:52

I think is useless to get marine nowday unless they fix the boarding extension thingie. Any the ship that able to use boarding pod arent much useful too cause mostly they too slow or bloody slow to turn or have no good gun to make the enemy ship stay below 5-10%. If u use AI ship to help u also not very useful cos either they cant keep the enemy ship shield below 10% or they overkill :(

Misinformed
x3tc

Post by Misinformed » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 16:51

Any chance on a new feature list for version 2? Just a few bullet points on the major features.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 20:07

Misinformed wrote:Any chance on a new feature list for version 2? Just a few bullet points on the major features.
Isn't that info in the release note for 2.0 on page 1 (2nd post)?

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 20:17

hello again :)

ive was nosing around the ships in Xtended and noticed some of my old X2 favorites are back from the dead, which is sooo cool, so i went ahead and cheated em ingame for testing and found my 2 favs the retrofitted centaur and retrofitted nova seem to have a issue with the cockpit cameras being in the middle of the ships therefore making flying em ....difficult at best,

is this a known bug?, will it be fixed in upcomming patch/version?

also is there gonna be a scrapyard where u can buy old ships like there was in Xtended for reunion?

really loved that feature :)

any advice /help on this matter would be really cool , many thanks in advance :) :)
You've got the flying skills of a large asteroid

mergoth
x3tc

Post by mergoth » Tue, 29. Jan 13, 22:30

VincentTH wrote:
Misinformed wrote:Any chance on a new feature list for version 2? Just a few bullet points on the major features.
Isn't that info in the release note for 2.0 on page 1 (2nd post)?
That info is for the old version, not the new 2.0. The list of features and manual for 2.0 is yet to be released

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 01:44

Just put together a new game with the 2.0 and TC, when I got it running and everything looks good, I went to see about adding the marine repairs that I use for every game. When I tried a box popped up saying that the directory is locked and can not be nodded, you may have to change the directory permissions to do it...how exactly do i do that? Maybe I'm just tired but I'm asking before I screw something up trying to figure it out. :roll:

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 04:43

darkstar one wrote:is this a known bug?
it's not a bug, we didn't include them ingame by intention, we wanted to, but they didn't meet our quality demands, so we dropped the idea.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 05:31

Killjaeden wrote:
darkstar one wrote:is this a known bug?
it's not a bug, we didn't include them ingame by intention, we wanted to, but they didn't meet our quality demands, so we dropped the idea.
oh i see, thanks for the info, most helpfull :)
You've got the flying skills of a large asteroid

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 12:51

never mind...hehe wok up this morning and knew right away how to fix it, moved from the protected program folder to my second hd, and now things are working right. Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 19:52

I've been testing, and I got to Capital ships (Finally!) and...

am I going crazy, or are the mega-pretty engine-flames missing from larger ships? did I miss an option in the installer or something?

some of the ships in the Xpak are built for them, and look... a tad silly without.
A tinker
And maker of models

mergoth
x3tc

Post by mergoth » Wed, 30. Jan 13, 22:23

Mechanis wrote:I've been testing, and I got to Capital ships (Finally!) and...

am I going crazy, or are the mega-pretty engine-flames missing from larger ships? did I miss an option in the installer or something?

some of the ships in the Xpak are built for them, and look... a tad silly without.
Capital ships cant have engine flames... because they are too slow, and the ''flame'' dissipates before leaving a trail behind the ship

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Thu, 31. Jan 13, 10:59

I mean things like this. note the large flame behind that there olly? those no longer appear in-game, even though the objects for them are still in the scene files. I'm wondering why that is- essentually, is that a bug, or not, and if not, how can it be re-enabled?
A tinker
And maker of models

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Thu, 31. Jan 13, 11:23

Mechanis wrote:I mean things like this. note the large flame behind that there olly? those no longer appear in-game, even though the objects for them are still in the scene files. I'm wondering why that is- essentually, is that a bug, or not, and if not, how can it be re-enabled?
They appear when the ship is moving...

briggsy10
x3

Post by briggsy10 » Thu, 31. Jan 13, 13:29

I've been looking around but can't seem to find an answer anywhere - I recently installed the new X-Tended 2.0 but have been suffering from CTDs on entering sectors.

It's extremely inconsistent though, as it's not in specific sectors, nor every time I travel between sectors. It's as if there's a random chance of a CTD every time I use gates (haven't tried jumping yet!). Getting extremely frustrating having to reload the game every 1/3 times or so I try to travel anywhere.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Thu, 31. Jan 13, 14:15

hi, thanks for bringing this great mod to us.. i have a question, if someone would like to add ships to the shipyards and the warfs in the mod, how can this be done..? i have been unsuccesfull so far..

i have been tampering with a script that came with Axeface's ships..

im trying to add the Argon Callisto Advanced TS class ship to the Argon Warf..

here is the original script: (dont mind the Terran Baldric Tanker in the script, the baldric is on the index spot where the Lusca is supposed to be i think..)

Code: Select all

load text: id=8458
$race = [Boron]
$ship = {Terran Baldric Tanker}

$psec = [PLAYERSHIP]-> get sector
$i = 0
while $i < 40
$dock = find station in galaxy: startsector=$psec class or type=[Shipyard] race=$race flags=[Find.Random] refobj=null serial=null max.jumps=100
if $dock-> exists
$dock-> add product to factory or dock: $ship
$c = $dock-> get amount of ware $ship in cargo bay
skip if $c > 0
= $dock-> add 1 units of $ship
end
inc $i
end

return null
this is what i got so far:

$race = [Argon]
$ship = {Argon Callisto Advanced}

$i = 0
while $i < 40
$dock = find station in galaxy: startsector=$psec class or type={Neutral Race Federal Argon Wharf} race=$race flags=[Find.Random] refobj=null serial=null max.jumps=100
if $dock-> exists
skip if $c > 0
end
inc $i
end

return null
its not working.. can anyone tell me whats wrong..? i have deleted the load text command as i dont think i need to load any texts for this.. i added the ship names to 7211-L044 (one of the textfiles that come with Xtended, its already loading).. the ship name shows up ingame fine.. i changed the [SHIPYARD] to {Neutral Race Federal Argon Wharf} to specify which station to add the ship to, but i guess there is something wrong with it.. should i refer to the Argon Warf in some other way..?

EDIT:

i have tried something else.. didnt work either tho..

$race = [Argon]
$dock = {Neutral Race Federal Argon Wharf}

$i = 0
while $i < 40
$dock = find station in galaxy: startsector=$psec class or type=$dock race=$race flags=[Find.Random] refobj=null serial=null max.jumps=100
if $dock-> exists
skip if $c > 0
end
inc $i
end

return null
i bet its got something to do with the $dock already being used in the script..

perhaps i have to change $race = [Argon] to $race = [Neutral] since the Argon Warf is of Neutral race in the TDocks file..?

thanks

PS: sry if this is not the place for this question..

briggsy10
x3

Post by briggsy10 » Thu, 31. Jan 13, 15:18

briggsy10 wrote:I've been looking around but can't seem to find an answer anywhere - I recently installed the new X-Tended 2.0 but have been suffering from CTDs on entering sectors.

It's extremely inconsistent though, as it's not in specific sectors, nor every time I travel between sectors. It's as if there's a random chance of a CTD every time I use gates (haven't tried jumping yet!). Getting extremely frustrating having to reload the game every 1/3 times or so I try to travel anywhere.

Anyone else had a similar issue?
I've progressed a bit further with this - the crash log seemed to suggest issues starting after attempting to change/re-start music tracks upon sector entry. I turned music volume down to 0 and have had no crash since then! Only been a short time, so not fully confirmed yet, but seems encouraging.

I'm guessing this means I have one or more damaged/corrupt music files, although not a clue which ones. Anyone else had the same issue and have any idea how to fix this?

It's not exactly terrible having to play without any music, but it is of course nicer to be able to have it turned on.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 31. Jan 13, 15:23

Anubitus wrote:

$race = [Argon]
$dock = {Neutral Race Federal Argon Wharf}

$i = 0
while $i < 40
$dock = find station in galaxy: startsector=$psec class or type=$dock race=$race flags=[Find.Random] refobj=null serial=null max.jumps=100
if $dock-> exists
skip if $c > 0
end
inc $i
end

return null

That's going to add that ship to random stations. Possibly the same one.

Your best best it to edit the galaxy map and add this ship to the ship yards you'd like. If you can't handle a restart, just make a script that has a station as an argument, and add the ship to that station. Maybe another arument for shiptype

arg1: $station, Var/Station, Station 
arg2: $shiptype, Var/Ship Type, Ship type

$station> add product to factory or dock: $shiptype
= $station-> add 1 units of $shiptype

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”