X-Tended - Terran Conflict (XTC) (Update: - Manual available! - 12/10/10)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

costi
x3tc

Post by costi » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 21:23

Trickmov wrote:
rusky wrote:Will there be the option of sector takeovers ? (as in, the player becoming the owner of a sector).
Is that written down in the manual?

If not, perhaps try one of the third-party-sector-takeover-scripts out there?
My STO-script is already compatible.
You keep referring people to the manual, and yet it was said here that the a=manual does not reveal every possible option... ;)
Friendly fire is not so friendly.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 21:35

costi wrote:
Trickmov wrote:
rusky wrote:Will there be the option of sector takeovers ? (as in, the player becoming the owner of a sector).
Is that written down in the manual?

If not, perhaps try one of the third-party-sector-takeover-scripts out there?
My STO-script is already compatible.
You keep referring people to the manual, and yet it was said here that the a=manual does not reveal every possible option... ;)
Who said, that the manual is not complete? The manual includes a description of every script in the mod - of course the manual cannot describe every aspect in detail, but everything you can play with is there.

My STO-script is third-party software and as that it's of course not mentioned in the manual... the same with every other (eventually) compatible script out there.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 21:41

fun fact...

enenra wrote on the german forum that XTC text files have 180 000 words which is about 320 word doc pages...

it freaked me out :D
just plain awesome :D
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Ebyl Vampyre
x4

Post by Ebyl Vampyre » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 21:53

Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into this mod. I'm sure it's going to be great! :D

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 00:33

what are the text and comm id's used they might as well be logged now?

newname

Post by newname » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 01:14

vukica wrote:enenra wrote on the german forum that XTC text files have 180 000 words which is about 320 word doc pages...
Well, that's German. Their word for "brevity" is is longer than the sentence containing it.

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 01:53

Does the bailing chance have a numerical expression? If yes what exactly is the chance for an AI ship to bail in easy, medium and hard difficulty?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 02:21

newname wrote:
vukica wrote:enenra wrote on the german forum that XTC text files have 180 000 words which is about 320 word doc pages...
Well, that's German. Their word for "brevity" is is longer than the sentence containing it.
there are no german text files. all english.

p.s. kürz :) (not really but close enough)
p.p.s. german language sticks word together so you get less words... but longer words. e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donaudampf ... sellschaft
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Arghy

Post by Arghy » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 05:43

So i've never plained the first X-tended, in the manual there was mention of a 'battleship' class vessel and multiple mentions of M0's. Is there an actual BB class vessel in the mod? or are they just ships bigger then a M1-2?

I'd love to see a battleship so large it cant use the gates and must rely on its jump drive and have shields that make a M2 look like a TS.

reiks
x4

Post by reiks » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 06:07

No point asking such questions if you have read the manual. If not then go read it, it's out by the way. If for some reason you guys can't understand what is in the manual then too bad for you, guess you'll jsut have to wait for it to come out just like everybody else.

Arghy

Post by Arghy » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 06:33

The manual makes mention of a M0 and a battleship but doesnt say whether or not their the same ship or if the battleship is just a m2+(DD).

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 09:00

Do you read the same manual as I do?

M2+ are clearly connected to Battleships in the manual on page 81. :roll: M0 aren't mentioned in the manual at all.

AV

Blips

Post by Blips » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 09:08

The mod looks great, except for some of the ships look ridiculous (such as the flapping ship).

Does this mod make combat more enjoyable? How about ship movement speeds?

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 09:12

Blips wrote:The mod looks great, except for some of the ships look ridiculous (such as the flapping ship).

download the manual and youl see , this mod changes nearly everything brining it near to perfection (thats going to be cool sins X is the best game in the world)
Splits , for the better things in life...

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 09:17

Aragon Speed wrote:Not just the weapons, but ships, shields and missiles have all been worked on to one extent or another. Combat in XTC feels nothing like vanilla or CMOD.

I don't know about the current CMOD, but the original CMOD 3 for TC was a starting point for us, not an end result. ;)

What appeal to me about CMOD is that it increase the pace of combat from vanilla's slow motion combat. (I'm not talking about the FPS either, but using anything above HEPT and it feels like I can take a clock a tick how long it takes the projectile to hit something). The reason I stuck to CMOD was because pretty much every other mod claiming rebalance or rework the system most of the time are about adjusting damage and shield output, CMOD is the only one AFAIK changed the pace of the combat.

I'll look forward to XTC model then in the good faith that a change is a good thing :p
Last edited by Mightysword on Thu, 16. Dec 10, 09:19, edited 1 time in total.

Blips

Post by Blips » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 09:18

How is performance? Better or worse than vanilla?

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 09:37

Performance depends on your system. Generally valid statements about how good/bad it is/will be cannot be made! However, as stated in the FAQ in the first post, we've done everything possible to keep the impact of the mod as low as possible.

AV

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 10:00

Blips wrote:The mod looks great, except for some of the ships look ridiculous (such as the flapping ship).
That isn't a ship. It's a giant, flying, space dragon.

...Yeah.

Don't worry, though. If it doesn't fit your taste you can disable them. Pertinent information is in the manual.
Aragon Speed has mentioned that combat has been heavily reworked. There aren't too many details available right now. The most information you can get on combat is also in the manual.

Read the manual.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Blips

Post by Blips » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 10:18

KloHunt3r wrote:
That isn't a ship. It's a giant, flying, space dragon.

...Yeah.

Don't worry, though. If it doesn't fit your taste you can disable them. Pertinent information is in the manual.
Aragon Speed has mentioned that combat has been heavily reworked. There aren't too many details available right now. The most information you can get on combat is also in the manual.

Read the manual.
Thanks will do :D

Am I mistaken, or is this mod not out yet?

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 10:28

No, it is not out yet.

Its release is expected within the month.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”