X-Tended - Terran Conflict (XTC) (Update: - Manual available! - 12/10/10)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 10:43

That thing with the Xenon vanishing is quite strange, are we to expect some surprise in the storyline like for instance glorious return :xenon: or maybe another race will become the main villain?

RLHDLW
x3tc

Post by RLHDLW » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 10:44

vukica wrote:
newname wrote:
vukica wrote:enenra wrote on the german forum that XTC text files have 180 000 words which is about 320 word doc pages...
Well, that's German. Their word for "brevity" is is longer than the sentence containing it.
there are no german text files. all english.

p.s. kürz :) (not really but close enough)
p.p.s. german language sticks word together so you get less words... but longer words. e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donaudampf ... sellschaft
Brevity = "Kürze" and "Donaudampschifffahrtsgesellschaft" has three "f" in a row since the last Rechtschreibreform (Reform of official spelling rules)
RLHDLW
red' net, spui

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 11:54

yokozuna wrote:That thing with the Xenon vanishing is quite strange, are we to expect some surprise in the storyline like for instance glorious return :xenon: or maybe another race will become the main villain?
Read the manual again. Xenon are present, but they need to be started via script. So if you want Xenon, you will have Xenons.

Blips

Post by Blips » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 12:08

Alex Vanderbilt wrote:Performance depends on your system. Generally valid statements about how good/bad it is/will be cannot be made! However, as stated in the FAQ in the first post, we've done everything possible to keep the impact of the mod as low as possible.

AV
Performance is based on system hardware and software yes, but performance should be easily measurable: if vanilla X3: TC has an average FPS of 45 on machine A, then running and testing x-tended on machine A will return the difference in performance.

On a side note, after reading the manual I'm pretty excited for the release. Sounds very promising.

stemardue
x3tc

Post by stemardue » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 12:21

Blips:

That is correct for a basic game or application. X games are quite complex, every single sector can have different 'performance' readings, depending on what is going on in the background... scripts spawning enemies in other sectors, ongoing missions etc. Several events are random as well, so no game is or can be the same as another. In other words, no reproduceable situations... unless you kill all the scripts and play in a void universe.

But, as AV said, much effort has been put into optimizing all that we could.

xavierd

Post by xavierd » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 17:15

Just so i can start making space on my profile, do we know how many hotkeys will need to be set?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 17:21

xavierd wrote:Just so i can start making space on my profile, do we know how many hotkeys will need to be set?
RTFM page 34,35 and 36.

I apologize for rudeness.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 17:46

As some of you may have noticed, TheXUniverse (TXU) is undergoing a server change. We expect the ordeal to be over within 72 hours at most, and the site will be back up as soon as possible.

In the meantime, there may be difficulties accessing the download links of the released content - just so you know, we're aware of that ;)

xavierd

Post by xavierd » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 18:58

vukica wrote:RTFM page 34,35 and 36.

Server transfer = download link dead = can't read the manual. Apology rejected.

Now that's out of the way, and since the information is out there, would anyone who does have the manual care to answer? Or is there a mirror somewhere?

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 19:01

16 hotkeys.

Although one of the pictured options looks like a dev menu so that might not appear in the released versions.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

xavierd

Post by xavierd » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 19:06

Thanks KloHunt3r. Time to make some room! Guess my codea keys can take a walk

costi
x3tc

Post by costi » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 22:09

Speaking of hotkeys - does any of the devs have a suggested layout, assuming standard X3TC controls?
Friendly fire is not so friendly.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 23:34

Considering how differently people play the game, it would be much easier if you assigned the controls yourself. The best control setup is the one that makes sense to you.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Aydan

Post by Aydan » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 23:56

Klohunt3r is right about that.

Not every single Hotkey is a "must" setup. But keeping it the Terran conflict way allows you to access menues directly, which can be opened otherwise also. In the end, personal preference.

newname

Command shortcuts

Post by newname » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 00:16

I recommend setting up voice commands. I use "f***ing AI!" as a shortcut to load the most recent game.

Kozaki
x3tc

Post by Kozaki » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 00:21

Nice idea... :D

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 00:24

xavierd wrote:
vukica wrote:RTFM page 34,35 and 36.

Server transfer = download link dead = can't read the manual. Apology rejected.

Now that's out of the way, and since the information is out there, would anyone who does have the manual care to answer? Or is there a mirror somewhere?
Explanation rejected. :P
There's still the ModDB Mirror: http://www.moddb.com/mods/x-tended-terr ... /downloads :)

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 00:28

I definitely recommend setting up afterburner and change-shield-to-weaponenergy because you want to use it alot.

And GNS, if you want to know what is going on in your universe... well not your, our :twisted: :P
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Blips

Post by Blips » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 01:16

What race does the ship at 1:30 in the trailer belong to? Is it Terran? If so I think I'm definitely going to be Terran when I start a new game - I love that style of ship design.

mnanderson
x3

Post by mnanderson » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 03:08

I believe that the ship in question is the new Terran drone carrier; i.e. the Terran version of the Argon Griffin. However, the XTC Griffin won't be the same as the Griffin in vanilla; the XTM drone frigates build and maintain their own fleet of M4 class fighter drones, and the manual indicates that they'll work the same in XTC.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”