X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jake B
x3tc

Post by Jake B » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 19:02

Trickmov wrote:Perhaps you both should play an EGO-Shooter instead of a game, which tries to include Trade, Fight, Build and Think in same
amount ;)

I just want some real danger in the game, as a fighter pilot, I'm sure there is plenty to do, as a fleet commander, with destroyers, carriers, etc there isnt to much to do.

It makes sense to me to have everyone at peace for a while, but to never have a war, even after all sectors are explored, doesnt. I'm not saying it needs to be armageddon, just a few major battles here and there would work. Maybe just add it as an option in the AL settings.

I just like to have something to do with all the cash I get from trading, buying capitol ships just to sit around and look pretty isnt fun to me, I like to feel there is a little danger out there.

Maybe I'll try to get IR to work with this mod, that might do the trick.
I always shoot first then.......hmm I can never remember the rest

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 19:23

Jake B wrote:

It makes sense to me to have everyone at peace for a while, but to never have a war, even after all sectors are explored, doesnt. I'm not saying it needs to be armageddon, just a few major battles here and there would work. Maybe just add it as an option in the AL settings.
As much as having such an option would be great, I imagine it would be a bit more effort than just a tick box in AL settings...

..Is it not possible to run one of the the predone race war mods with this?

A few more enemies would be great - I have a pair of Olympos's eager to smack someone or something silly.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 19:37

Jake B wrote:just a few major battles here and there would work.
There are a few - all races (including Xenon/Yaki) do patrols into surrounding sectors. Aside from that there are some GNS-events, which provide additional enemies, also the missions do a good work for someone who likes fighting.

However, there are obviously not all things in 1.1 complete - eventually we will see a more reactive race-control in a later version.

Aside from that, the main thing hindering one to see more enemies is the universe-expansion -> unless Xenon/Yaki/Pirate-sectors are connected there are indeed very few enemies.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 20:20

Anywhere I can get special command software without having to... get it? :P

I can't be bothered to fix the bug, and miners don't come with it onboard. So they can't collect rocks in sector.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Darkwolf7

Post by Darkwolf7 » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 20:27

i hear you guys no ofence but the universe is far from dark and dangerious inless shitgets bad in the 2.0 then i would like to see ur defeniton of dark u would think of all races the split would take advantage of pandora gate being a one way trip they would start crap in the new sectors and then attack with an allience with the parinid and the terrans agenst the argon and boron and basicly we would see the effect in the expantion regions of the argons military action agianst it in major forces apearing it would be time to take sides or die if u know wat i mean both sides would try to recrut you in scirmishes and if u refused then it hurts rep for which ever of course they would not hire TL and TP ect...

the talady i don't know wat to do with them though

these are all just ideas for u to use so if u want use them
Last edited by Darkwolf7 on Wed, 2. Feb 11, 20:33, edited 2 times in total.
This reminds me of a story
i was............

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 20:32

It's a one way trip but only for civilians. Officials and military are allowed through IIRC, and there is communcation. So war in the new sectors would cause war in the old sectors. That's not what this mod is based on.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Darkwolf7

Post by Darkwolf7 » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 20:39

i withdraw my statement good point

actully the could still make war on the new sector with split parinid and terran buld ups with a jam in communications blow pandora gate :twisted: up and build a new gate elsewhere in secret but build the gate of course before they blow the gate all this because obviosly the gate is needed to get thier or u could just jump back with a jump drive

sorry that this may seem one sided but i perfer split and they would more likly do it then argons or boron
i was............

SpaceToast
x3tc

Post by SpaceToast » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 08:22

would love to see IR or something work with this mod.havent played in 2 days now because i jst dont see the point if i get to big ill get even more bored than i already am.

just a dead universe like vanilla x3tc was for me.....
X3 terran conflict is the best game in the world next to supreme commander 1 ;)

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 09:11

Some people have inadvertently hit the nail on the head!!

They say the universe is dead and there's nothing to do, no massive battles etc etc

But you didnt get that in vanilla did you!

XTC imo is far superior to vanilla in many ways, yes needs polish but its a mod. I think people expect this amazing expansion pack that is like a fully fledged sequel to ego's x3tc but remember guys its a mod and as stated many times the team need MD scripters as scripting is boring and hard. the only way to get life into this universe is to script it in. if i had any knowledge of MD scripting i would offer a hand. see were im going....

everyone is entitled to there opinion and criticism but remember this is not a commercial product you have bought and are entitled to recieve support from. its a mod and if they decide yep that will do its not realy anyones place to suggest they should have done it a different way and come on the forums bleating for six months about how bored they are until 2.0 is released.

as stated earlier get a trade empire started and when you have billions of credits rolling in you can quickly populate newly discovered sectors with your own stations and forces. and as for big battles wait till you get a xenon / khaak invasion in one of you sectors then you'll have plenty to do!
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 09:30

I think I have to comment here too... There is a a fine line between constructive criticism and just being plain rude.

Constructive criticism will give the XTC crew, that did this in their own time without reward, help in guiding where this mod goes in future releases.

Rudeness, and repetitive negative posting is certainly going to make some of them think 'Why did I bother?'

I think the slightly toxic posters may be better advised to consider for a few seconds before they hit the submit button.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 10:09

I can agree on that sentiment, a lot of what I'm seeing is "I WANT THIS, OR THIS, OR THAT."

people can't dictate what the mod team should or will put into the mod, I would think what they have planned now is actually mostly set in stone and they won't deviate from that unless the whole team agrees on something.

It's their mod and they can do whatever the hell they want with it is pretty much what I'm saying.

If you don't like it... mod the thing yourself for crying out loud, that's what I'm doing with the Hull multiplier pack which I had help with, heck most of it isn't my work. I even plan to mod the weapons so they aren't as godly powerful as they are now so battles are longer and more interesting.

beside what I've just stated... the mod is still in the rough stages, it's been practically two months or a little over it since the mod was released and people are griping about crap. If you got nothing positive to say or even give some advice or suggestions I advise people to not even post and save me and others the trouble of typing out these rant posts to defend the mod.

END :rant: now excuse me while I go do :headbang: this to blow off some steam

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 12:16

Requiemfang wrote:
I even plan to mod the weapons so they aren't as godly powerful as they are now so battles are longer and more interesting.
you are my hero! thank you!
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

stemardue
x3tc

Post by stemardue » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 12:32

I wish to thank for the last three posts (dougeye, gavruska and requiemfang) :) - at least there is still some good sense left ^^

Joking, to be frank I've seen many positive comments, many positive and constructive criticism, and just a couple of 'ranters' posting wildly.

We in the team know what we made, how much it costed (in terms of time and on-keyboard-headbanging) and are working to go even further. We also know that "requests" for full scale AI wars, on-planet walking, in-station first person activity and so on, only say enough about the posters' absolute ignorance about what the game can and cannot handle, so those are not really disturbing posts, just something to skip over.
The annoying posts are those stating "your [item/balance/setup/whatever] is wrong". These posts are useless, dumb and wussy. First: there is no right or wrong: it's only based on subjective opinions. We followed some criteria based on planning, calculations, testing and the X-games lore. Second: in most of these posts there are only negative statements, but no real proposal for an alternative 'right' approach. Third (and most important): in the majority of the cases the rant is caused by the player not knowing what he can or cannot do and how: they don't even know we spent a lot of time to write a full manual! Their main interest is "Hay how canz i get me taht ubership you used in testing and why izn't taht one i can buy?" or so.

We have people working silently with MD and that means there is still a lot to be done. 6 months? That is an optimistic timeline, it may take much longer as well. In the meantime there will be other patches to fix the bugs.

And keep this in mind: we are doing this just for fun, our fun. If that changes to stress and boredom, there will be no more XTC updates, releases or support ;)

bigbangrus

Post by bigbangrus » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 13:55

Touhg but fair. I hope your complaints, guys, won't make the devs bring in anothe Mahi Ma or smth as an incentive for more trading or station building :wink:
In fact, there's no desperate need in XTC for trading or building stations, but what stops you from doing that? You still need cash to buy ships and equip them, so why not get it by trading or building an industrial empire of your own? Besides, ships can be built at the player's shipyard which will demand an entire commercial fleet to get resources.
And, after all, don't forget this is 1.1, and it was made availiable just to encourage those tires of waiting. How do you know what 2.0 and the plot will add to the game.

Darkwolf7

Post by Darkwolf7 » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 16:18

wow :oops: i hope i was not one of those people considered to be complaining i love the game i didn't mean any offence if i offended someone i was only trying to make sugestions
i was............

DJZero

Post by DJZero » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 16:53

I think the mod is great so far. It does feel very polished and clean, almost feels like a new X game. I'd like to see more ships, especially Sohen though. But the mechanics are like X3TC should have been from the start, keep up the great work X-Tended team, we appreciate it so much.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 11:26

There is one great thing I had never really appreciated in Vanilla that XTC has for me... Expendability.

For some reason now I have two shipyards producing various fighters and corvettes it seems acceptable to keep on losing them. Mainly as new ones keep churning out. - It is great to be able to pump out homebased fighters for my carriers - and autoname is brilliant- if I lose ship 004, then the shipyard will autoname the next one to that.

I think my processor must be running at full tilt as I cannot even buffer keyboard commands as I can in Vanilla- but, in the fully expanded universe, the frame rate remains acceptable to me.

olf

Post by olf » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 00:59

hello,

nice mod :)

is it possible to combine improved races with this one?

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 01:06

Thanks a lot x-tended team, great mod! Especially liking the factory ships again. Just hoping Terran factory complexing works soon, but that's alright - xadrian still works pretty well with other races for the most part.

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 07:22

Personally I love trading and working in a functioning economy. It means there aren't the same trends every time I start a new game that can be exploited; I have to work to forge decent trading opportunities and where to place my factories for best effect isn't blatantly obvious. Where I've had problems or spotted unusual issues I've taken it up on thexuniverse.com forums (nod to Requiemfang for helping with the "insufficient credits" issue the other day) and it's helped me realise that XTC comes as advertised and I am, in fact, no longer an exception to the structural rules of the universe. By that yardstick I consider XTC a great success even in its early release state. So an expression of my considersable appreciation for the crew's efforts I feel is necessary from me :)
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”