X-Tended - Terran Conflict (XTC) (Update: - Manual available! - 12/10/10)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 10:33

Erm, the site is functioning for days now. There may be one or two features still worked on, but you could say it is fully working already :)

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 10:39

i hered foron somwhere that there where going to be 30+ new weapons in this mod. will thay be beta and gamma vertions of whole new weapons? and is there a railgun
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 10:39

i hered foron somwhere that there where going to be 30+ new weapons in this mod. will thay be beta and gamma vertions of whole new weapons? and is there a railgun

damnit! dubble post.
Last edited by MadMan983 on Sat, 20. Mar 10, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 10:45

They'll be completely new versions, of course. As for a railgun - there will be a few ammo-based weapons, if that's what you mean. Any further info is classified :D

Rudinho
x3

Post by Rudinho » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 14:17

Few Questions to mod dev team.

Since there will be new weapons and new sounds, are you going to put X3R replacement sounds for PPC and other already existing lasers, so we get less lag caused by sounds?

I mean i'd like to CMod3 visuals with stock lasers values / or balanced values made by the mod team.
IMHO i found cmod balancing bad, making some hi cost weaps weaker that could be matched by much cheaper ones. Still i approuve the idea to make combats last longer so why not simply cut down all upper weaps by 30-40%?

Are you gonna make a pirate HQ sector? One that u can travel in a fast skite or with a full M2+m1+M7+ corvettes fleet in order to clear your way.

Sorry if som1 already wrote same questions didn't had the patience to read th whole 25 pages. :)
X3: Reunion SH3 and IV style Hunter :D
Asus P5QLD
Antec True Power 650W
C4Q 9550@2.8Ghz
G.Skill 4x1GB 6400 CL4
SSD X25 60GB
ATI HD6950 2GB

Aydan

Post by Aydan » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 15:00

There will be no real sound replacements, but new ones. Most of the lag problems are caused by multiple events happening at the same time. One of the problems is definately sound, like the FAA weapons, as their FAA flag normally uses the 918 sound (which seems to be hardcoded). Also the ambient sound uses pretty big files. Combined with not optimal peripherals, or those, who are supposed to be used as multifunctional peripherals, the game gets laggy, even on new systems. We took care of the sounds last year, and they should be more comfortable to play for windows based systems. But this is not for weapons only.

For the pirates... if you mean that there is a sector containing a pirate base, yes, there are several of them, and you can expect to see one or two pirate fighters ;) But this is a sandbox game, so the player decides what to do. Having the choice to do what you want to do, even to determine your own enemies is even part of Terran Conflict.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 15:33

Hi, all...its been a while since I was on here. There's been a lot of talk and questions about the mod and many good serious (and a few not so serious) replys. The team is doing good work, and if we haven't killed each other by now, there's a really,really good chance the mod will be done and out soon(TM).

As a writer the things I know you'll find are this: it is indeed a sandbox game even more than you can imagine. The game literally goes on without you, but when you dock looking for missions or buying things, you'll notice some better messages from owners and dealers. The mod and the universe around it seems 'alive' even if you never take a mission, just flying around, you'll be able to tell.

Our news program is great, and growing, you'll not only see mentions of things happening around you, but fail a mission and maybe, just maybe it'll make the news, not good for you, but the papers show some secrecy, mainly to protect people from retaliation from enraged family members,hehe. Also good news about missions, both plot and generic might appear, so watch for it. Its a living universe with people who'll fight for their opinions right in front of you, and we all know they are all right, right?lol So the discussions will go on and on. Enough info for today, and no real final details yet, as things are still being done and redone, hell, we have three levels of editing now, and some aren't satisfied with that..but we go on. Hold your breath,(not literally) things are speeding to a climax, and its all good.

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Sat, 20. Mar 10, 20:05

cant wate for the new xtm it sure added alot to reunion

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sun, 21. Mar 10, 14:07

THIS is XTC...not XTM..XTM is over and we haven't finished yet..lol. It makes a few of use upset that people think this is just another XTM, its not..sorry.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sun, 21. Mar 10, 14:21

To clarify KRM398's answer... we have taken most models from XTM (many of them had to be overworked, though). Everything else is either completly new or heavily changed.

So the both mods can't be compared. XTM set the state-of-the-art for Reunion and we hope that XTC will do the same for TerranConflict. Also it should be mentioned, that there are only a few members from the XTM-team left, most members are also new ;)

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Sun, 21. Mar 10, 16:58

will it be possable to merge this mod with other shipmods I,E cadius shippack or will it brake the mod if i try?

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Sun, 21. Mar 10, 19:16

Since ya'll are all still working so dilligently, I'd like to request that bailed pilots offer taxi missions, or buy me a ship missions. ... Thanks :P

8) Baddieus 8)

Oh .... better yet .... make them offer to dock if your in a ship with ports, and give you 40% off the price if you taxi them to the local Trading Station or Shipyard.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Sun, 21. Mar 10, 19:39

Hm.. in Vanilla bail pilots only if the player has attacked their ships... would not look very realistic, if the just attacked pilot asked the player for help then :gruebel:

In XTC we will have our own bailing-system, so that pilots can also bail from attacks of other ships... so it would be possible... but as it is not very likely that you find such a bailed pilot and as our resources are limited, we will probably not find the time do such a mission.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 21. Mar 10, 20:57

Pilots that Bail when you buy there ship perhaps? That would make sense - In Vanilla they just appear to go into Idle mode - It's always been one of my pet hates.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 00:14

will it be possable to merge this mod with other shipmods I,E cadius shippack or will it brake the mod if i try?
If you have the necessary experience/knowledge you can merge every mod... except those that change the very same thing
XTC changes alot
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Ravenholme
x3tc

Post by Ravenholme » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 01:01

Heh, one of my claims to fame is that way back in the day I came up with the name for the Otas M0 (Castrum). I suggested it, back when I was involved in a lore role in the old X-tended for Reunion.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 09:17

MadMan983 wrote:will it be possable to merge this mod with other shipmods I,E cadius shippack or will it brake the mod if i try?
As KJ said, it is possible, but as we have rebalanced all the ships you would have to rebalance any ships you added to XTC as they would be balanced for Vanilla.

That doesn't just involve the ship stats, but also the weapons and missiles as both systems are now set up differently from Vanilla.
Ravenholme wrote:Heh, one of my claims to fame is that way back in the day I came up with the name for the Otas M0 (Castrum). I suggested it, back when I was involved in a lore role in the old X-tended for Reunion.
*Waves at an old team member.* :)

Ravenholme
x3tc

Post by Ravenholme » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 09:47

Hey Aragon :)

I have to say, I'm VERY impressed with what you guys are doing with XT:TC. It's looking very good.

Looking forward to getting my mitts on it come the time of release.

(And what a relief to see the old Valhalla, the TC one is horrible)
Last edited by Ravenholme on Mon, 22. Mar 10, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 10:37

No worries, I'm waiting on XTC as well. So I'll most probably make my mod compatible

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 10:49

Cadius wrote:
No worries, I'm waiting on XTC as well. So I'll most probably make my mod compatible
Well let me be the first to encourage you to do so. :)
Ravenholme wrote:(And what a relief to see the old Valhalla, the Reunion one is horrible)
I'll drink to that! :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”