X-Tended - Terran Conflict (XTC) (Update: - Manual available! - 12/10/10)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xWolfzx
x4

Post by xWolfzx » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 18:22

Hi guys, mind if i ask a question? I'm curious at how combat will be like, will it be fast pace like vanilla or will it be slower like in CMOD?
Regards.

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 18:51

will there be ships that bridge the gap between classes M7-M1 hybrids like the panther ect
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 19:22

@eddywolf001: No, currently our tester pool is sufficient

@xWolfzx: Who knows :P It will be better than Vanilla (imo)

@MadMan983: No.

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 19:23

damn oh well maybe i can by some feat of incradable awsomness mere the cadius ship pack with XTC
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

AjaxDude
x3tc

Post by AjaxDude » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 01:08

If you guys look at mods for games like Unreal Tournament and Medieval II, the mods that are created for those games don't affect the whole game, they are just modules. Can XTC be like this, or will it be the old XTM mod?
How can one player flying one ship defeat a big gang of pirates?

Good flying, or reinforcements. Lots of reinforcements.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 01:12

AjaxDude wrote:Can XTC be like this
No.
AjaxDude wrote:or will it be the old XTM mod?
Yes.

It's how the X games work, not how the modders do.

stemardue
x3tc

Post by stemardue » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 01:45

AjaxDude wrote:If you guys look at mods for games like Unreal Tournament and Medieval II, the mods that are created for those games don't affect the whole game, they are just modules. Can XTC be like this, or will it be the old XTM mod?
I don't see any possible relation or comparison between X games and these two... so, sorry but your point is not understandable.

Then again, XTC is a massive MOD - consider it a total makeover if you want... not just a collection of add-ons or ships stuck together to enrich the original game. We made so many changes that it is just not thinkable to have XTC running 'on top' or side by side with the vanilla TC universe, and we made all our best to make it so you won't regret not having the 'old' universe to play with ;)

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 02:32

OOZ662 wrote:
Yes.
No. it won't be a second XTM. It has content from XTM yeah but this is a complete independant mod and much different from XTM. Except that the name is also Xtended...
the mods that are created for those games don't affect the whole game, they are just modules.
XTC is a total convertion (judging from the amount of changes) so it converts your game totally and it affects basically the whole game. Like any other totalconversion would do.
If you remove it like a module it will break your XTC savegame. Point.

All or nothing. (you can configure many things in XTC options)
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 02:33

Killjaeden wrote:
OOZ662 wrote:
Yes.
No. it won't be a second XTM. It has content from XTM yeah but this is a complete independant mod and much different from XTM. Except that the name is also Xtended...
Aye, but taken in context I knew that wasn't his question.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Thu, 15. Apr 10, 13:00

MadMan983 wrote:damn oh well maybe i can by some feat of incradable awsomness mere the cadius ship pack with XTC
Cadius mentioned a couple of pages back that he was considering making a version of his ship mod that is compatible with XTC. ;)

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 00:04

I cant wait :D been following XTM from X3R,

one question any chance of getting the AI to be useful when using M8's ? wouldnt mind having 2 or 1 following and if enemy numbers are xx amount or more fire x amount of barrages :D but that might be an I win button :S

ANYYYYYYYWAY cant wait

:D

GL happy coding

PS as for music some Sepultura : Chaos AD comes to mind for some reason lol or Pantera Cemetery gates , Im broken :D :D rofl anyway nuff of me being a noob *goes to sleep until mod is finished*

Kitarn
x3tc

Post by Kitarn » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 22:30

Small question, is there anyplace online that one can find a copy of the skinny Valhalla to use as a model replacement for the chunky one already in X3TC? Or can the one used in X3R be ported over as I have or had a copy of XTM for a copy of Reunion I DL'd a while back. After installing both games from the Gold pack.

Thanks and otherwise it looks good and hope you get it finished before Sol goes nova :lol:

Unserene
x4

Post by Unserene » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 22:41

Kitarn wrote:Small question, is there anyplace online that one can find a copy of the skinny Valhalla to use as a model replacement for the chunky one already in X3TC? Or can the one used in X3R be ported over as I have or had a copy of XTM for a copy of Reunion I DL'd a while back. After installing both games from the Gold pack.

Thanks and otherwise it looks good and hope you get it finished before Sol goes nova :lol:
The only way to get hold of the original XTM Valhalla is to extract it from the original X3R mod and put it in TC yourself. Models from the XTM are not allowed to be distributed separately.
It's a TURRET, not a "turrent". Learn to spell.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 07:44

lordmuck wrote:one question any chance of getting the AI to be useful when using M8's ?
We haven't touched AI currently, and I'm not sure we ever will. AI is one of those areas that is really not advisable to tinker with unless you know exactly what you are doing. The smallest change can break everything in really bizarre and funny ways, but although they may be funny, they are not exactly what you want in a game. ^^

Have you heard the expression "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen"? Well when it comes to AI we not only stay out of the kitchen, but we also padlock the door behind us, leave the house, and go and have a swim in some ice cold water. :mrgreen:

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 09:29

Aragon Speed wrote:
MadMan983 wrote:damn oh well maybe i can by some feat of incradable awsomness mere the cadius ship pack with XTC
Cadius mentioned a couple of pages back that he was considering making a version of his ship mod that is compatible with XTC. ;)
Which is what makes Egosoft and the Xtended team so awesome. Ego made the foundation, which gave dedicated enthusiasts like XTC team the ability to add and subtract with ease.

Having read the XTC(M) Forums it's easy to understand why the team is saying it will be a completely different game not even remotely compatible with Vanilla.

Having played XTM - it's also easy to trust that it will be a new experience well worth the wait.

Good luck guys, dont settle for less than what you believe is right.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 11:59

Aragon Speed wrote:
lordmuck wrote:one question any chance of getting the AI to be useful when using M8's ?

Have you heard the expression "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen"? Well when it comes to AI we not only stay out of the kitchen, but we also padlock the door behind us, leave the house, and go and have a swim in some ice cold water. :mrgreen:
ROFL fair enough :P but to clear this idea up as tbh I dont know if its an AI thing. Its more of a ..... M8/M7M in a wing set to "attack all pests who want to hurt me" :D the bomber ship is constantly scanning its triplex range OR can see from another player owned ship who is about 50Km away, the bomber then counts the enemy ships and triggers X ships = X barrage for X class (if the player turns the option on)

just something more automated for AI barrage less menu commands and so on...

ANYWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, I'm just happy XTM is coming out for TC. Can you say if some scripts/mods that are out already are being implemented or same concepts ?

Sahvion
x3tc

Post by Sahvion » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 18:42

I'm just hoping that MARs works with TC, though some of the other scripts should I think, such as those who don't make edits to the game files but just add on (such as the Prospector script, which I've found to me VERY helpful now)

Oh well, we shall see, I love testing out to see if scripts work :D

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 05:27

:roll: You mean the MARS - the turret script that dynamically adjusts weapon selection based on vanilla game balancing and stats?

I seriously doubt it will run in a game with twice the gun number and each having very different statistics...

If you recall, the CMOD - which only re-balanced weapons, (not introduced new ones) had tons of problems running with MARS until a specific adjustment was made for MARS script. And XTC has gone far, far beyond what CMOD did. So, you'll see MARS in XTC once MARS will be adjusted to work for it. This pretty much applies to all scripts.

Basically, your assumption would work, if XTC left the game files as they were in the normal game - yes, then most scripts would work as long as they don't change stuff. However, XTC does change a ton of game data files, and simply discards a ton more, making any scripts reliant on those either broken or useless.

And, of course, there is the problem that introducing a script may totally ruin the balancing (for example, a script that spawns enemies has no idea how to do it in XTC [not the regular way], and so it spawns ships that shouldn't be obtainable, with weapons they can't even mount. Technically it works, but the in-game result is something you'd want to kill with fire asap so as not to ruin your game).

As for this:
I'm just happy XTM is coming out for TC. Can you say if some scripts/mods that are out already are being implemented or same concepts ?
Well, no and yes-no. :P XTC is not an XTM port. Yeah, there are common factors, but an incredibly large number of stuff is being developed from nil for XTC, including features that XTM didn't even plan for. And we have made it more than clear that we are not using third party scripts/mods in our development at all. Everything in XTC is developed by XTC team - or XTM team as far as ships go. The same applies to concepts, we try to develop as much as possible, not copycat.

P.S. Knowing what's in store for you guys, I doubt you'll even want to add more scripts to XTC :wink:

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 05:48

X2-Eliah wrote::roll: You mean the MARS - the turret script that dynamically adjusts weapon selection based on vanilla game balancing and stats?

I seriously doubt it will run in a game with twice the gun number and each having very different statistics...
Do note that MARS uses a file containing gun stats to choose its weaponry. I would figure someone will put out a statistics file for something so popular as XTended. Whether it will be able to use all the guns (past the vanilla number) is another question.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Tue, 20. Apr 10, 08:52

OOZ662 wrote:
X2-Eliah wrote::roll: You mean the MARS - the turret script that dynamically adjusts weapon selection based on vanilla game balancing and stats?

Do note that MARS uses a file containing gun stats to choose its weaponry. I would figure someone will put out a statistics file for something so popular as XTended. Whether it will be able to use all the guns (past the vanilla number) is another question.
Heck maybe with enough prodding (or if persuaded?) Gazz might even do it on his own? :lol:
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”