How to fix CAGs not using jumpbeacons in AP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Trickmov
x3tc

How to fix CAGs not using jumpbeacons in AP

Post by Trickmov » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 18:42

Ok, as some of you may have noticed, the CAGs and other traders from Lucike don't use the jumpbeacons, thus the usage in the terran sectors is not advisable.

This is a do-it-yourself-instruction and not a complete script, as I don't have any right to change and offer Lucike's scripts. For that you will need basic knowledge of the internal script editor and a bit knowledge about extracting archives. If you don't have this knowledge, it's better not to use these instructions ;)

Of course your game will get modified by that.

First thing is, the Lucike scripts from the bonuspack are heavily outdated. Here is a link to the latest version complete package from Lucike's site, just choose what you need.
The latest version does use jumpbeacons, but only those from Lucike's jumpbeacons-script and Vanilla-player-ones. The most interesting NPC-ones are not used.

Ok, the only script that needs changing is in the library, Lucike offers, here the link to the latest version. That of course is required, just install it to your installation - should be self-explanatory where to put what, overwriting if asked ;)

The script that needs changing is lib.le.move.gate. You will find that in your scripts-folder with a .pck-ending, which means that it is packed and that you will have to extract it first to change it. .pck is the same as GZip, which should be extractable by most archivers, 7zip does it for sure. Ok, extract then lib.le.move.gate.pck to your desktop. The extracted lib.le.move.gate has no ending, rename it to lib.le.move.gate.xml.
Move lib.le.move.gate.xml from your desktop to the scripts folder and delete lib.le.move.gate.pck from there.

Ok, now to the inGame script-editor. You activate that by naming yourself inGame "Thereshallbewings". Afterwards you will find the ScriptEditor in your ships command console.
In the ScriptEditor open lib.le.move.gate.
In the lines 24, 26, 28, 30 you will find flags. These lines have to be changed by adding "| [Find.JumpBeacons]". "|" can be found under "Operations" and "[Find.JumpBeacons]" in the "select constants"-submenu.

This is, how the changed lines in the script should look:

Code: Select all

|$Flags = [Find.Nearest] | [Find.Expand] | [Find.JumpBeacons]
   |do if [OWNER] == Player
   ||$Flags = [Find.Nearest] | [Find.Known] | [Find.Expand] | [Find.JumpBeacons]
   else
   |$Flags = [Find.Nearest] | [Find.Expand] | [Find.JumpableGate] | [Find.JumpBeacons]
   |do if [OWNER] == Player
   ||$Flags = [Find.Nearest] | [Find.Known] | [Find.Expand] | [Find.JumpableGate] | [Find.JumpBeacons]
If you changed all four lines, save the script by pressing "ESC" and voila' you're done ;)
Last edited by Trickmov on Thu, 11. Apr 13, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 19:54

Thanks Trickmov.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 19:58

You say that the flags need to be changed. Does that mean removed? Do I add the [Find.JumpBeacons] after the existing flags?

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Thu, 11. Apr 13, 20:13

the lines in question have to look like this:

Code: Select all

|$Flags = [Find.Nearest] | [Find.Expand] | [Find.JumpBeacons]
   |do if [OWNER] == Player
   ||$Flags = [Find.Nearest] | [Find.Known] | [Find.Expand] | [Find.JumpBeacons]
   else
   |$Flags = [Find.Nearest] | [Find.Expand] | [Find.JumpableGate] | [Find.JumpBeacons]
   |do if [OWNER] == Player
   ||$Flags = [Find.Nearest] | [Find.Known] | [Find.Expand] | [Find.JumpableGate] | [Find.JumpBeacons]

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 09:41

anyone who has L3 Access can also get the new bonus pack where it is fixed

Binesi
x3ap

Post by Binesi » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 09:52

@Cycrow - do you know if the fixed beta version is based on Lucikes' latest version or the outdated BP version?

@Trickmov - Thanks for the fix. I thought I noticed this problem too but I wasn't motivated to study it further.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 09:59

Its the original bonus pack version. I simply edited it to work with jump beacons and fix the 2billion overflow problem.

The latest version will never be in the BP as lucike refused it

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 14:39

Cycrow wrote:anyone who has L3 Access can also get the new bonus pack where it is fixed
Cycrow, I just looked at the lib.le.move.gate file in the most current L3 BP and it doesn't have the [Find.JumpBeacons] flag. Is the fix somewhere else in the BP?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 15:14

joelR wrote:
Cycrow wrote:anyone who has L3 Access can also get the new bonus pack where it is fixed
Cycrow, I just looked at the lib.le.move.gate file in the most current L3 BP and it doesn't have the [Find.JumpBeacons] flag. Is the fix somewhere else in the BP?
im not sure, its been awhile since it was edited.
ill have to check when i get back home

Trickmov
x3tc

Post by Trickmov » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 16:06

That's a bit problematic anyway.

If one has installed the new BP-version, everything is ok, but as soon one wants to use the newer version of the Lucike-scripts, it won't work anymore, because there is a check in the scripts, which looks for the version of the libraries. If this version is too old, the script refuses too work (and possibly can't work at all).

Also, with my fix, it has to be ensured, that there is never a lib.le.move.gate.pck in the folder (from the new BP version or otherwise), because .pck is always preferred, thus the changed .xml-version won't load at all ;)

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 18:22

Ya. I just edited it the way you described.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”