|Edited: 15/04/10 16:05
1. Quit any running applications and insert the X2-The Threat (disk 1) into your CD drive
2. If your CD is using the auto run feature the X2 setup screen will automatically appear. If it doesn’t double click ‘My Computer’ on your desktop, then double click your CD ROM icon. Look for the file called ‘setup’ and double click it.
3. Setup will check to see if X2 can be set up on your computer… click ‘Next’.
4. Accept the End-User License Agreement and click ‘Next’
5. The next panel provides information about how to improve performance etc, just click ‘Next’
6. Now you are presented with the location directory choice, click ‘Next’ to accept the default location, or choose where you wish the program to be installed.
7. Click ‘Install’… this panel just gives you the installation details.
8. Direct X9; Click ‘Yes’ to accept… X2 makes heavy use of Direct X, it is best to keep your Direct X version up to date.
9. Windows Media Format 9, Click 'Yes' to accept.