X-Rebirth, growing fears…

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 23:03

Night Nord wrote:
CBJ wrote:
abbotkrea wrote:Would be desirable to clarify whether we will see, November 15, 2013, Russian language localization and voice acting?
I'd say it was somewhat unlikely that we'd have a Russian translation done for that date, and even more unlikely that we'd have Russian voice acting then. Based on past experience, a Russian translation is highly likely at some point in the future and we know that Russian publishers are keen on providing Russian voice acting for such translations. What is less clear at this stage is when this would be likely to be ready for release.

Note, however, that whichever language version you buy, you will normally get access to translations to other languages as and when they are released. This means that if you are keen to play from day one, you should be able to buy the English version and then switch to Russian when it becomes available.
I had a bad news for you then - almost all Russian publishers are closed down. Only 1C remains, but I dunno if they are still in gaming business =)

And... Really - you'd better ask community about that - quality would be waaay better.
Russian Games are scary, I heard that in Russia, the Games play you! :roll:

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 23:33

Russian and European games are the best games to buy.
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 23:45

Here's another phrasing of it from one of the stickies:
You can in fact even land on these beasts and get out of your playership to meet NPCs while watching the large ship move around in space FROM the deck of the ship!
Maybe observation deck is the wrong terminology, but you can definitely get out of your ship and observe the surroundings - that's what I meant by "observation deck".

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 23:46

giskard wrote:Russian and European games are the best games to buy.
That's not true. How many Russian and/or European games are there? How many do you play which don't come from these countries? I have 150 games on my steam, some of those are certainly from Europe and Russia but the vast majority are not. On your own website most of the games you mod for and support are American games, not Russian or European. There are certainly good games from those countries but to say they are the best is stretching in my opinion.

GebürtigerTerraner
xr

Post by GebürtigerTerraner » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 23:51

MegaJohnny wrote:Here's another phrasing of it from one of the stickies:
You can in fact even land on these beasts and get out of your playership to meet NPCs while watching the large ship move around in space FROM the deck of the ship!
Maybe observation deck is the wrong terminology, but you can definitely get out of your ship and observe the surroundings - that's what I meant by "observation deck".
If that is true i am so gonna get this game.But I want to see a picture(or video) first.
It means nothing,its lika schamalamadingdong or give peace a chance!

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 00:30

BlackRain wrote:
giskard wrote:Russian and European games are the best games to buy.
That's not true. How many Russian and/or European games are there? How many do you play which don't come from these countries? I have 150 games on my steam, some of those are certainly from Europe and Russia but the vast majority are not. On your own website most of the games you mod for and support are American games, not Russian or European. There are certainly good games from those countries but to say they are the best is stretching in my opinion.
You do know I skip every post you make without reading it don't you, including that one. I have done so ever since I first blocked on you steam. Nothing has changed here.
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 00:52

Actually, you never have blocked me on steam. If you are trying to insult me or make me feel bad it isn't working. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else. You did once ban me from your forums a long time ago though for absolutely no reason (everyone disagreed with you). Also, nothing I said was offensive anyway so I don't know why you would feel the need to ignore what I say but go ahead hah.

foxtrot76

Post by foxtrot76 » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 03:34

BlackRain wrote:Actually, you never have blocked me on steam. If you are trying to insult me or make me feel bad it isn't working. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else. You did once ban me from your forums a long time ago though for absolutely no reason (everyone disagreed with you). Also, nothing I said was offensive anyway so I don't know why you would feel the need to ignore what I say but go ahead hah.
*grabs a bag of popcorn*

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 03:43

Hehe, no need for popcorn, I wasn't trying to start anything, did I say something offensive?

Nickvr628

Post by Nickvr628 » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 04:27

Foxtrot don`t forget your soda and candy bar. We might be here awhile. I do love a good argument relating nothing to the topic. :roll:
When life gives you lemons, you don't make lemonade! You make life take the lemons back! GET MAD! I dont wat you goshdarn lemons what am I supposed to do with these!?! Do you know who I am? I demand to see life's manager! I gonna burn his house down! With some lemons... In fact, I'm gonna build some sorta lemon bomb to BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN!
#lemonrant

Orthanc
x4

Re: X-Rebirth, growing fears…

Post by Orthanc » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 12:15

Bernd wrote: There are no plans to command your ships from an observation bridge. You can dock on capital ships just like you can dock on stations but this is not for commanding. Commanding ships happens by talking to pilots via intercomm. When trading for example, you collect offers on stations and they are then added to a special menu which allows you to filter for what you want. Now whenever you enter this menu you are in a conversation with a pilot of the ship you want to transport these wares and the commanding happens by sending him the offers you want to pick.
Well, this settles it for me then. I cannot understand why every new game has to be a "twitch" game. Twitch in regard of using nimble ships with quick reaction needed. Twitch in regard of short attention span. Not being able to wait until your TP ship crossed a mere 60km sector to get to the next.

Since the majority seems to feel different then me, I wish EGO best of luck with their new product. I will not be buying it and I know it is not the end of the world for them and that's a good thing.

This is not a rant. I am just curios as to why this is happening all over the place. I invested easily 1000+ hours in X2 and X3. I like to build an empire and I like to command it from a bridge of a ship. A Flagship. And not a nutshell. It is immersive and feels empowering.

- Entering Xenon Sector 534 -
My M2, the Agamemnon (yes I am a sucker for B5) enters the system. I feel severely outgunned.

At a push of a button the Fleet, my Fleet, arrives.

After 30 minutes of furious fighting Xenon Sector 534 is under my control.

What shall I say, I really like big guns and I cannot lie :)

That's the same thing with Train Simulator and Silent Hunter (III) and why I like to play them. The big machinery and it's slow movement really gives a sense of proportion.

I am sad to see commanding capital ships go here, but I guess Bernd has good reasons for his decisions and I hope X Rebirth will have the success Ego's hard work entitles them to.

Meanwhile I'll wait for a decent battleship simulator be it on water or in space, where I can make decisions, plan ahead and seem them work out or not., without twitching....

fly safe

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 12:47

Orthanc wrote:
Bernd wrote: There are no plans to command your ships from an observation bridge. You can dock on capital ships just like you can dock on stations but this is not for commanding. Commanding ships happens by talking to pilots via intercomm. When trading for example, you collect offers on stations and they are then added to a special menu which allows you to filter for what you want. Now whenever you enter this menu you are in a conversation with a pilot of the ship you want to transport these wares and the commanding happens by sending him the offers you want to pick.
Well, this settles it for me then. I cannot understand why every new game has to be a "twitch" game. Twitch in regard of using nimble ships with quick reaction needed. Twitch in regard of short attention span. Not being able to wait until your TP ship crossed a mere 60km sector to get to the next.

Since the majority seems to feel different then me, I wish EGO best of luck with their new product. I will not be buying it and I know it is not the end of the world for them and that's a good thing.

This is not a rant. I am just curios as to why this is happening all over the place. I invested easily 1000+ hours in X2 and X3. I like to build an empire and I like to command it from a bridge of a ship. A Flagship. And not a nutshell. It is immersive and feels empowering.

- Entering Xenon Sector 534 -
My M2, the Agamemnon (yes I am a sucker for B5) enters the system. I feel severely outgunned.

At a push of a button the Fleet, my Fleet, arrives.

After 30 minutes of furious fighting Xenon Sector 534 is under my control.

What shall I say, I really like big guns and I cannot lie :)

That's the same thing with Train Simulator and Silent Hunter (III) and why I like to play them. The big machinery and it's slow movement really gives a sense of proportion.

I am sad to see commanding capital ships go here, but I guess Bernd has good reasons for his decisions and I hope X Rebirth will have the success Ego's hard work entitles them to.

Meanwhile I'll wait for a decent battleship simulator be it on water or in space, where I can make decisions, plan ahead and seem them work out or not., without twitching....

fly safe
You say commanding of capitals has gone yet Bermd explicitly states it is present (albeit in a different form). :gruebel:

As you like B5 I would propose another analogy: Albion Skunk being White Star One. 8)

At least that is the way I will be thinking of it. :D
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Orthanc
x4

Post by Orthanc » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 12:51

Now we are talking semantics. English is not my first language. By commanding I meant, being on the bridge, commanding.

Lorien
x3

Post by Lorien » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 12:52

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:As you like B5 I would propose another analogy: Albion Skunk being White Star One. 8)

At least that is the way I will be thinking of it. :D
Glad I'm not the only one :D :lol:
Things I've procrastinated on...

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 12:54

Orthanc wrote: ... snipped ...

fly safe
^ I'm just too curious about XRebirth and must know THE TRUTH for myself, only by first hand experience gained from playing it ... so I've happily ordered my game. AT LAST. I will know. SOON. I hope I like. (atm trying feverently to ignore the Yisha character and praying she will be a temporary evil only ... ohhh I hope so ... I really really don't like ...)

If Rebirth is not really what I want, then that 'decent battleship simulator' you hanker for will probably be called X4 by Egosoft anyway... heh heh heh, Meanwhile there are all the existing X games which I intend to continue enjoying even while XRebirth is under way. (hopefully Egosoft will be able to afford a great many things with the success of Rebirth)
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Billynomates
x4

Post by Billynomates » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 06:14

I've not pre-ordered it and have no intension after what I saw at gamescom and the reaction I got there too. I spoke to Bernd there and he told me a few things of which one has turned out to be incorrect so on that basis I will wait until the game goes live and watch the feed-back.

There is too little information coming from them so close to launch and it does not make sense to not show off what you have to the public to create some excitement for people to buy this game.

The game is out in 47 days and IMO that's not long at all so I hope that they wake up and start showing some more about this game so people who have not ordered it can get a better idea what to expect, after watching the demo that only raised concerns for me.

So I'll wait and see as the release date gets closer as to whether or not I bother buying this game. But I'm getting cooler about this game which is sad really my expectations were high for this sequel and I'm fed up of being let down and have been stung to often like many others in the past.

So come on Bernd get that tech hat off and get your media hat on fast pal...

triplecrownroyal

Post by triplecrownroyal » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 07:03

47 days to game launch, they are not done coding yet, have not tested the full game in full beta and have not finished adding features.

If you ordered a boxed version of this game you are not going to get it on time. Production would have to start in 7 days to hit distributors in time.

Is any person thinking game will be delayed again?

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 07:17

Crunch time is not a novel concept in the game development field.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 07:22

Nor are zero-day patches!
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

stilgarpl
x3tc

Post by stilgarpl » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 10:52

triplecrownroyal wrote: If you ordered a boxed version of this game you are not going to get it on time. Production would have to start in 7 days to hit distributors in time.
Distributors? You mean Steam? :)
I'm sure, even if you install from disk, you will have a patch to download.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”