Price for X Rebirth

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jim (Tomo)Thomson
x4

Price for X Rebirth

Post by Jim (Tomo)Thomson » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 07:43

I pre-ordered (and paid) for the game from Steam in August when it was announced, cost £35.99..... now I see you can pre-order the game, complete with PC DVD from Amazon for £29.99.....

Makes you think about why you show loyalty to a game and company if they are going to charge you more for this loyalty.........

stilgarpl
x3tc

Post by stilgarpl » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 08:17

It's still time, you can cancel your preorder and get better deal.

Tranzdog
x4

Post by Tranzdog » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 13:56

On Amazon I think you are looking at X3 Terran Conflict, not X Rebirth...

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 14:09

Nope, the OP is right (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deep-Silver-Reb ... =X-Rebirth) Amazon is probably going to make a loss though on those preorders ;)
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Abraxis86
x3tc

Re: Price for X Rebirth

Post by Abraxis86 » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 15:42

JamesT wrote:Makes you think about why you show loyalty to a game and company if they are going to charge you more for this loyalty.........
Egosoft is the developer. Their only responsibility is to make a quality product. Sales, marketing, distribution. That all comes afterwards.

So far as I know, publishing is handled by Deep Silver. Amazon and Steam are distributors, generally they handle the pricing.

You getting mad and posting about this here is like me getting blamed for farming the food which was cooked and served to a dude that robbed a bank.

anton77

Post by anton77 » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 17:27

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Nope, the OP is right (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deep-Silver-Reb ... =X-Rebirth) Amazon is probably going to make a loss though on those preorders ;)
To bad Amazon here in the USA doesn't have any info on this game.I would order it from them If I could.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 19:01

Play.com are doing it for £24.98 and that's with free delivery. :o And I've just pre-ordered with Steam for 39.99, I think Steam are ripping us off big time. :shock:

Lorien
x3

Post by Lorien » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 21:11

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:Play.com are doing it for £24.98 and that's with free delivery. :o And I've just pre-ordered with Steam for 39.99, I think Steam are ripping us off big time. :shock:
Actually you're buying it from Zavvi - play.com haven't sold anything directly now for months!

I've found some of the traders selling through play.com to have different prices for the same items that they also sell through amazon.co.uk
Things I've procrastinated on...

Nukah

Post by Nukah » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 21:28

I got the game for 28USD so... yeah. Someone is making alot of profit off resale.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 22:13

I always order from the Egosoft shop. I have to wait an extra couple of days, and pay postage, but at least I know more of my money is going to buy pizza. ;)
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Delta5.1

Post by Delta5.1 » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 22:18

49.99 USD on steam is a rip off for this game.

anton77

Post by anton77 » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 22:26

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Nope, the OP is right (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deep-Silver-Reb ... =X-Rebirth) Amazon is probably going to make a loss though on those preorders ;)
Do you know if I was to buy the uk version Dvd will it work for me in the USA on my pc? :?:

Lorien
x3

Post by Lorien » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 22:36

Delta5.1 wrote:49.99 USD on steam is a rip off for this game.
$50 US is roughly equivalent to £30 UK at the moment. How is that a rip-off? Other than the fact you're not getting a physical DVD to hold in your hand?
Things I've procrastinated on...

Delta5.1

Post by Delta5.1 » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 23:44

Lorien wrote:
$50 US is roughly equivalent to £30 UK at the moment. How is that a rip-off? Other than the fact you're not getting a physical DVD to hold in your hand?
Because AAA titles cost that much and from what I heard, this game was made by a handful of people.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 23:46

Greenman gaming with 25% off code in US+Canada at least should make it $37.50 US dollars. So 49.99 us dollars would be expensive relatively speaking.

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 23:53

Delta5.1 wrote:
Lorien wrote:
Because AAA titles cost that much and from what I heard, this game was made by a handful of people.
Yes, in this case a dedicated staff is superior.

Titan Fall is $60.
Battlefield 4 digital is $60
Sim City is $60

So, yeah, X Rebirth is cheaper

Delta5.1

Post by Delta5.1 » Thu, 3. Oct 13, 00:01

I already pre-orded a PS4 because I know it'll kick butt, but 49.99 for this game with a rocky history seems high. I'd totally pre-order this game for 29.95.

Kai101m5
x3tc

Post by Kai101m5 » Thu, 3. Oct 13, 00:02

Don't forget that companies like Amazon and Game etc will sell anything - even stuff they cant get. Game actually took £29.99 off me for a copy of GTA V for the PC. :lol: I just wanted to see what they would eventually delivery which is a £29.99 refund and a £10 gift voucher as a gesture of goodwill.

I'm sure Amazon will delivery Rebirth, my point is that some companies will want to be as competitive as possible and offer their product at the lowest possible price. Game wanted so badly to get as much pre-order money (earning interest no doubt) that they would sell games that will not exist. Amazon are just undercutting Egosoft - You can't expect Egosoft to worry about being the most competitive.

I paid the £35 because I really want to support Egosoft for the direction they have taken with their development. So many companies sell out to the console whores and they have refused to do so. Of course, you can always cancel your pre-order. I'm thinking of doing so because I want the collectors edition.

Kai101m5
x3tc

Post by Kai101m5 » Thu, 3. Oct 13, 00:06

Delta5.1 wrote:
Lorien wrote:
And yet most AAA titles are crappy rehashes of the same dreck over. Still, if you want to fork over 60 bucks for a crappy game because a reviewer told you its good rather than taking a leap of faith with a title from a smaller developer, that's your decision to make.

You get what you pay for, not the badge on the front. Modern Warfare 63 and the Sims 12 against titles like X Rebirth & Star Citizen is a no brainer in my opinion.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 3. Oct 13, 00:06

Delta5.1 wrote:
Lorien wrote:
Number of developers can not be used as a fair measure of the value of a product.

Big AAA titles released now tend to cost more than 30 UKP on average from what I have seen and in my experience normally have significantly less gaming hours value than the typical X type game.

If Rebirth proves as effective or more effective than previous X games (with/without mods) then 30 UKP would be excellent value for money when compared with many AAA titles blame the publishers/retailers for the price they sell it at - if you feel the need to blame anyone.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”