Pre-load and release information

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

biohazard15
x3tc

Post by biohazard15 » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 19:48

It's 4 PM for me (GMT +4). Nice, almost half of Friday to play!

GebürtigerTerraner
xr

Post by GebürtigerTerraner » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 19:55

Legionnaire wrote:
giskard wrote:All exactly as I was expecting... I also expect backlash from people with disks who own disks because they hate downloading from steam. To be honest why they include disks in the box version when they end up downloading from steam anyway is a mystery to me.

Because if you know how to do it, you can install to steam from disk, without having to download everything.

And here's how it is done.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -FSQM-0382

Legionnaire
Except this trick does not apply because like CBJ said this 1,5 is missing on the disc.Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
It means nothing,its lika schamalamadingdong or give peace a chance!

Daracus

Post by Daracus » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 20:48

So whats ETA on Steam keys provided by 3rd party digital retailers (ie GMG)?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 20:49

We cannot answer for third party retailers. That's something you will have to ask them.

hostergaard
x3tc

Post by hostergaard » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 21:05

I have a few question in regards with the release:

1. I consider buying the boxed collector edition, but I live in Denmark, can I get it send there.

2. If not is there gonna a be a international release, and when would that release date be?

3. If I can buy the collectors edition box, I understand I can get it at the end of the month earliest, but can I get my steam key on release when if I buy the box so I don't have to wait so long to play the game.

4. Or alternatively, and in regards to #2, can I buy the steam version and then "upgrade" to a boxed version by paying the difference rather than a full new version.

I do like the boxed collector edition, but if I have to wait I will probably go for the steam version instead.

Harag
x4

Post by Harag » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 21:08

Great news, really looking forward to playing. Is there any chance the steam version will contain the manual BEFORE the release? or can you post it up to the website for us all to download and read while waiting?

veronique
x3tc

Post by veronique » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 21:15

BurnIt! wrote:
veronique wrote:Thanks CBJ, do you know if the non-CE boxed edition comes with a manual?
Yes, the regular boxed edition also comes with a manual.
Thank u :D

Alci
x4

Re: Pre-load and release information

Post by Alci » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 21:23

CBJ wrote:I know nobody will take any notice of this...
I do :) and thanks for info :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 21:37

hostergaard wrote:I have a few question in regards with the release:
1. Yes, you can. After adding a product in the Egosoft Shop to your Shopping-cart, you have to select a country, where it should be shipped to.

3. No, you cannot. The key is inside the box and it won't be opened prior to shipping.

4. No, that's not possible. What you can do is buying the Steam Collectors Edition. What also should work is buying the normal retail version from a shop in Denmark (the last X-Universe News lists CDON.dk as possible shop), register it with Steam and update to the Steam Collectors Edition.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Linnane
x4

Post by Linnane » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 22:22

1am Saturday 16th in New Zealand... even with delays should wake up to coffee, bacon and a fun day.... :)

Nomadski
x4

Post by Nomadski » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 22:30

Linnane wrote:1am Saturday 16th in New Zealand... even with delays should wake up to coffee, bacon and a fun day.... :)
I thought someone said it wasn't released in NZ till January?

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 22:37

COBRASTEVE wrote:Here guys, put your country in here to convert for your time. best site I have found for this.

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_ ... &h=12&mn=0
Thanks!!! :)

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 23:00

Nomadski wrote:
Linnane wrote:1am Saturday 16th in New Zealand... even with delays should wake up to coffee, bacon and a fun day.... :)
I thought someone said it wasn't released in NZ till January?
It was one specific retailer in NZ reporting some kind of delay in the arrival of their physical copies.

The digital version should be available for preorder and preloading now, and postorder and download on the 15th. Same as everyone else on Steam.

Lorien
x3

Re: Pre-load and release information

Post by Lorien » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 23:30

CBJ wrote:So, it's time to give people some information about installing and activating your game on Steam.

• If you have ordered a Steam edition of the game and already have your Steam key, then, as many of you have already found out, you can start pre-loading now. We still have a few things to upload, such as videos and voice recordings that are still being finalised, so the pre-load will continue to update over the next few days. The final update when the switch is flicked to release the game should be just a few MB.

• Talking of flicking the switch, our plan is to do so at midday 12:00 GMT/UTC on the 15th. You'll have to work out your own timezone differences for that! I know nobody will take any notice of this, but please be aware that that is an estimate and there are various factors, not all under our control, that could lead to it changing.

• For those of you who have ordered a boxed edition, if you receive your game before the release date then you can also pre-load the game by activating your Steam key - you'll find it in the box - using the Steam client. You cannot, however, pre-install the game using the DVD before release.

Notice to those who have bought the DVD but who cannot, or do not wish to, pre-load the game directly from Steam:
Once the game is released the Steam client will need to download and add approximately 1.5GB of data in addition to what is on the DVD before you can play. Again, this additional data consists mainly of videos and voice recordings which were not ready at the time the DVD was manufactured. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Looks like I may not be playing it Friday night then (assuming of course that it comes through the post on release day) as with my crappy internet connection it'll take a couple of hours at least to download that much data and I don't finish work until early evening :-(
Things I've procrastinated on...

Mortlock
x3tc

Post by Mortlock » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 00:51

Well been away from the forums for a while...since the first X3 I believe. Have poured hours, again..lol, into Albion Prelude and thoroughly enjoyed (enjoying) it. Bought Rebirth through Steam yesterday and preloaded ready. Now just counting down to Friday. An old X vet looking forward to losing hours on this new one.
"Where do these stairs go?" -- "They go up"

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 04:57

Yes! the game should be available before i even wake up! unfortunately i have to work friday, fortunately i have sat,sun,mon,thurs,fri,sat,sun,mon after off :D

Hope i get my new mobo, cpu and gpu's before friday.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 08:41

I will be watching this one closely. Have not yet made up my mind about this game.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

hellhawk
x3

Post by hellhawk » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 09:04

giskard wrote: And i believe its 11pm the day before in parts of Australia.
Almost :) it will be between 8:00pm and 11:00pm on the same day, depending on time zone. The New Zealanders are slightly ahead of us and will get it about 1:00am on the 16th (or is that slightly behind us? Oh, I get so confused).

Fire_Spy1
x4

Post by Fire_Spy1 » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 09:14

8pm Friday night.. Nice, I'll finish work and come home to play all night long :)

I'm in Western Australia.. :D

Soo close and yet so far away!! I can't wait 8)
CPU : 486 DX4 100 Mhz
RAM : 16 Mb
GPU : SVGA
Sound : Soundblaster 8 Bit
HDD : 40 Mb
Name of System : The Beast!

CaptObvious
x4

Post by CaptObvious » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 11:53

I knew this would come in handy!:

[ external image ]

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”