Can Bernd give a response to ALL the terrible critic reviews ?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Yggdrasill
x3ap

Post by Yggdrasill » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 01:01

UnclePaulie wrote:Give over, they are claiming its a success you idiot and its not as if they have done nothing wrong, they took our money and have done nothing but promise it will get better over the next weeks and months, not good enough, this game should not have shipped in this state .
Not defending the game, but this is an unreasonable position. You are essentially saying that you will whine on the forums forever simply because it shouldn't be released in this state, disregarding the fact that the only thing Egosoft CAN do now is to fix it.

Doing all they can post-facto is apparently not good enough for you.

orcinus

Post by orcinus » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 02:45

UnclePaulie wrote:
Nanook wrote: Looking for an official warning, and possibly a ban? Insulting other posters is a fast track to both. :roll:
Well good to know someone reads the threads, and insulting the gaming community with a broken game that has nothing in common with the series apart from its in space is punishable how.................. yes by making lots of money by ripping them off .
Dude, why are you snapping at moderators?
They have nothing to do with the release.

And everything to do with keeping things civil in here, a job that'd probably send me to the looney bin if i were in their shoes.

ont101

Post by ont101 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 02:56

"Can't we all just get along?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwLLH9EZiqc

piiman

Post by piiman » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 03:53

Yggdrasill wrote:
UnclePaulie wrote:Give over, they are claiming its a success you idiot and its not as if they have done nothing wrong, they took our money and have done nothing but promise it will get better over the next weeks and months, not good enough, this game should not have shipped in this state .
Not defending the game, but this is an unreasonable position. You are essentially saying that you will whine on the forums forever simply because it shouldn't be released in this state, disregarding the fact that the only thing Egosoft CAN do now is to fix it.

They could authorize refunds for those that feel taken advantage of. They could , I'm sure, even tell Steam to issue refunds.

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 03:55

Other than "uh, yeah, they're kinda right, we released a badly broken game," what can he really say?

Snaphaan
x3

Post by Snaphaan » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 06:10

Yggdrasill wrote:

+1
marshb wrote:@Unclepaulie:...

Right now tho, your seeming to be crossing a line where you are stalking, looking for your pound of flesh. Your not alone. A lot of people are feeling like you. But this is no way to behave over something as simple as a "toy".
+1

I feel like telling some people on this forum to sit still and be quiet because the grown ups are talking. Get a grip people.

I sympathize with Egosoft. My brother and me have theorized a bit and this post nailed it.

What's the harm in a second chance? Seriously. You have nothing to lose but 50 bucks. They have EVERYTHING to lose if they don't buckle down and fix this mess.

If I buy the game now I believe I am helping X-Rebirth as one of the first Steam kickstarters :) I will pay 50 bucks for something that does not work. Some of you do it for Star Citizen (because you believe in the almighty Roberts) so I will do it for Egosoft because I believe Bernd was sincere but he was thrown between the devil and the deep sea.

All the best Bernd.

Mightysword
x3tc

Re: Can Bernd give a response to ALL the terrible critic reviews ?

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 06:22

UnclePaulie wrote: PLEASE ANSWER THIS POST BERND
And ... exactly what good will that do? Let say he will give you the exact answer you want to hear ... will that magically make the game any better? Or just you want something to make you feel good ... and waste the time they could use to fix the game instead?

lithast

Post by lithast » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 06:29

What do you expect him to say?

I imagine it goes something like this, not that they could ever say this with legal ramifications and all:

"We were very ambitious and wanted to bring you guys the best title possible. We ran out of money (insert too ambitious/technical difficulties/etc reason) and had to release the game in this state or go under. We had contracts with publishers that meant we had no other choice but to go for a general release in this state instead of a kickstarter or similar. We have every intention of continuing to develop this game into its full potential"

The tone of your post is very aggressive, almost like you want them to admit that they intentionally set out to screw you over personally. Do you think they feel good about the reviews? Of course not. Do you think they would have released this game in this state if they had any other choice?
Of course not. If you had ever been around software development you would realize that developers become very attached to their code. They would have explored every other possible option than to put their baby through this.

Will they work to address this? History proves that they will.

Cut them some slack. They are just people trying to make the best game that they can and *&^* happens sometimes.

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 06:33

I think you are overreacting. There's too much hate and anger in your posts, and this thread will achieve nothing. If you indeed feel that way, I do to a bag, get a drink and pour my soul to a bartender (they are there for a reason!).

Cheers mate!

And relax! These posts are indeed getting ridiculous.
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 06:58

The OP is missing a hint on the multiple outright lies that we were told.

Don't expect any answers though, Bernd surely has had plenty of chances to write something useful but chose to insult us instead while in the end posting the obvious that they're fixing bugs. Wow, what news !

Snaphaan
x3

Post by Snaphaan » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 08:26

To the OP

Now listen, I get your PO and all and probably riding on the excitement of bashing Egosoft for a crappy release. Honestly, I come to this forum as much as I can because of all the S*** going on but this little rant of yours kind of creeps me out. It's a bit... weird.

Go pick on your sister or something.

vargata
x3ap

Post by vargata » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 08:52

Snaphaan wrote:To the OP

Now listen, I get your PO and all and probably riding on the excitement of bashing Egosoft for a crappy release. Honestly, I come to this forum as much as I can because of all the S*** going on but this little rant of yours kind of creeps me out. It's a bit... weird.

Go pick on your sister or something.
ohhh, cos he is honest?

Arachnis
x3ap

Post by Arachnis » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 09:19

Sorry, but this game is as close to a con job as it can possibly get while still respecting the law. I've never seen anything like this in nearly two decades of gaming.

I remember watching a video of Egosoft where it was expained on how they want to fix pathing. I remember thinking: "Great, at least one big issue of X3 is getting fixed".

Hell yeah, they didn't mention that it was only benefitting their "mass traffic" which isn't simulated anyway. All the other pathfinding is absolutely horrible and broken. AI is almost non existent.
They wanted to make it more accessible to newer players. Another statement that didn't turn out to be true.
And to top it all off: They even dare calling this a space-simulation.
I'm sorry but I can't see a simulation here. All I see is a tech-demo that turned into a bugfest.

How can a studio actively deceive people like this and get away with it? It's a shame that Egosoft is exploiting the modding community so much.

Yeah they probably had to release, because they ran out of money. That's probably the same reason why they won't offer a refund, because that would mean that they'd go broke in no time. This way they're still able to get paid for some time, while letting the modding community do their work.

It's a shame that they resort to those methods.

mate77

Post by mate77 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 09:24

ofc its a success for EGOSOFT
they tricked us to buy this overpriced shit

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 09:35

Arachnis wrote:Sorry, but this game is as close to a con job as it can possibly get while still respecting the law.
If you are serious about it, this isn't correct and there's laws broken by having lied to the customers like they did while prevent any neutral information to get out. Not delivering advertised properties of a product is close to criminal if those properties make up the core of the product.

Just saying, and it's the reason why refunds are granted - even if you have to convince them first.
Last edited by Mauzi! on Fri, 22. Nov 13, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.

Snaphaan
x3

Post by Snaphaan » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 09:39

Arachnis wrote: Yeah they probably had to release, because they ran out of money. That's probably the same reason why they won't offer a refund, because that would mean that they'd go broke in no time. This way they're still able to get paid for some time, while letting the modding community do their work.

Let the modding community do their work? What a load of arrogant BS. The modders will do a lot but you really think Egosoft is sitting on their butts smoking cigars. It's a bit silly this attitude of "They can't do anything right, they are a loser company that has nothing left to give. F'em"

I guess they should have just closed doors a few months ago, no announcements.

What would you have done? I wonder if Deep Silver would have allowed them to pitch the problem to the community and ask for help. Would you have thrown $50, $100 or more to a unfinished Rebirth because the developer needs funding? Mmm, wait...

vargata
x3ap

Post by vargata » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 09:45

Snaphaan wrote:
Arachnis wrote: Yeah they probably had to release, because they ran out of money. That's probably the same reason why they won't offer a refund, because that would mean that they'd go broke in no time. This way they're still able to get paid for some time, while letting the modding community do their work.

Let the modding community do their work? What a load of arrogant BS. The modders will do a lot but you really think Egosoft is sitting on their butts smoking cigars. It's a bit silly this attitude of "They can't do anything right, they are a loser company that has nothing left to give. F'em"

What would you have done? I wonder if Deep Silver would have allowed them to pitch the problem to the community and ask for help. Would you have thrown $50, $100 or more to a unfinished Rebirth because the developer needs funding? Mmm, wait...
well, looking at what they produced i think they didnt do anything in the past 7 years and they will probably not do anything in the next months too

Snaphaan
x3

Post by Snaphaan » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 10:00

vargata wrote:
Snaphaan wrote:

well, looking at what they produced i think they didnt do anything in the past 7 years and they will probably not do anything in the next months too
They most likely overextended themselves or maybe they tried too late to port a console game to PC. Either way it's pretty presumptuous to assume they sat around doing nothing. They might have made a bad business decision with the console adaption and tried to fix things too late - but lazy? I don't think so.

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 10:25

UnclePaulie wrote: 1.Do you think so many patches this early after launch is a indication to how bad the game is and has been received ?
2.Do you think £40 for a game still in development is fair ?
3.Do you think it is acceptable for gamers to wait weeks-months-years to get the game they thought they had pre-ordered/bought ?
No one cares probably but here's my personal thought:
1. The game is launched in a bad state and is badly received that's a fact. But the many patches (almost daily) are also an indication of Egosoft's dedication. Which can only be appreciated (they could've easily just pulled the plug and screwed us).

2. Buying a broken game and waiting for it to be patched before playing, or not buying a game and waiting another year or 2 for it to be released without bugs. What's the difference? (You can argue about the present value of future cash flow, but for 40 € it's not worth it).

3. That is definitely unacceptable...
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

vargata
x3ap

Post by vargata » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 10:35

Snaphaan wrote:
vargata wrote:
Snaphaan wrote:

They most likely overextended themselves or maybe they tried too late to port a console game to PC. Either way it's pretty presumptuous to assume they sat around doing nothing. They might have made a bad business decision with the console adaption and tried to fix things too late - but lazy? I don't think so.
lol. X3 has well known AI issues since the release and they didn't even touch them in the past 7 years. What it is if not being lazy?
on the other hand please explain something to me: if they put a decent time into this game how the hell npc-s look as they look? just a little part and not even an important part but if i start to create a character at any time since 3D designer applications are on the market its hell of an afternoon to create decent looking toons especially with all the assets they provide. WHY somebody create a crappy toon with crappy textures intentionally if with just a little more serious effort he can create a 1000 times better? I don't want them to create a EVE-like character creator, that takes a long time just create 4-5 decent argon the same amount of teladi, boron and paranid and thats it. would it last long to do it? (i dont talk about extra time, just do it instead of what they have done) also. AI... they had 7 years to polish it, yet its completely dysfunctional or much more non-existing. they lied that it will move the whole universe yet it cant even move a single ship. its not even design flawl. the station announcements, the police responses, the shut up bettys are intentionally there. they put it there. WHY? this whole game is shovelled together from crap weekendstuff. its not development.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”