Player owned managers buys wares they don't need for production

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ognjen85
x3tc

Player owned managers buys wares they don't need for production

Post by Ognjen85 » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 09:33

Vanilla, no mods.

Ok, so I noticed strange thing with two ships assigned to my stations. One of them is Lyranea (hybrid that you get on one game starts) assigned to Med factory while other is Tutriel assigned to Construction Shop. Both ships have been assigned to station managers without any cargo (apart from fuel cells) and now Lyranea is carrying Plasma Cells while Tutriel is carrying Silicon Wafers????

Is this bug or are my managers simply trying to make more profits by using ships (that they currently don't need for station supply) for true free trading? I mean why Med factory would need plasma cells and why would a construction shop need silicon wafers???

This happened before with Styrvok (energy and container version) which was loaded with Q tubes. I ignored that instance as I was not 100% sure if it was assigned to station with empty cargo.

Perhaps a bug with multi-ware type transport ships?

Does this happen in your games?

Any ideas are welcome.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 10:56

Could you provide your savegame? I have heard of this issue before, but i think we couldnt nail it down jet.

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 11:11

Will send it tonight.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 13:42

I have noticed my Freighters sometimes visiting stations and I wonder why. I.e. The station has nothing I need, uses nothing I produce so there's zero reason for the visit. When I notice this, the ship never actually buys anything though.

Equally, I do sometimes see my ships selling resources my station needs. This used to happen fairly often when TWO trade ships would both go an buy the required amount of a ware, I.e. station needs 100 Food, and the ships buy 100 Food each. Later, due to being over stocked, one of my ships may sell the excess - usually to another of my stations. Not seen this in a while though.

Scoob.

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Fri, 13. Mar 15, 15:00

Scoob wrote:Equally, I do sometimes see my ships selling resources my station needs. This used to happen fairly often when TWO trade ships would both go an buy the required amount of a ware, I.e. station needs 100 Food, and the ships buy 100 Food each. Later, due to being over stocked, one of my ships may sell the excess - usually to another of my stations. Not seen this in a while though.
Scoob.
Have noticed this with intermediate wares of station (e.g selling narcotics of med factory), but haven't monitored station's ships carefully enough to see if they were selling energy cells or something like this...

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 11:14

linolafett wrote:Could you provide your savegame? I have heard of this issue before, but i think we couldnt nail it down jet.
Link to save game sent via PM.

Look at "Lyranea MD" ship assigned to "Med Dispensary" I and also at "Titurel 01 CS" assigned to "Construction Shop I".

Hope it will be helpful for you to see what went wrong.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 16:14

linolafett wrote:Could you provide your savegame? I have heard of this issue before, but i think we couldnt nail it down jet.
It's existed for a long time... all the way back to 2.0, when I had my titerel assigned to the Plot URV Forge
Editing posts since long before I remember.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 20:41

Found a provide Resources Mission for Hydrogen to a Techlab. :roll:
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sun, 15. Mar 15, 03:25

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:Found a provide Resources Mission for Hydrogen to a Techlab. :roll:
They must be aliens, getting high on it. :P

M.Kessel
xr

Post by M.Kessel » Mon, 16. Mar 15, 20:31

wwdragon wrote:
ubuntufreakdragon wrote:Found a provide Resources Mission for Hydrogen to a Techlab. :roll:
They must be aliens, getting high on it. :P
They must be infiltrated by Xenon. It's the only recource they use! ;)
I'm depressed

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 16. Mar 15, 21:02

wwdragon wrote:
It's existed for a long time... all the way back to 2.0, when I had my titerel assigned to the Plot URV Forge
I had a same problem too.... My URV plot was buying wheat for some reason around 2.0 I think . I already send save long time ago and it thought it was fixed.... I guess not.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 17:43

Are all of these savegames showing this problem from 2.0 or older?
While I can confirm that certain ships have cargo in their storage that's not supposed to be there based on their current assignment I have no way of knowing how it got there in the first place.
And having run the game for many hours with additional debug logging enabled and it's just not happening (and looking through the scripts I also cannot see how it can happen)
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 18:00

I think it was 2.50 or something like that when I had this problem... In my save that I provided my ship was undocking form wheat station in DV. Also I think that ship was hybrid if I can remember correctly... Another thing I noticed was ships working for my Arms Tech Fab wore docking to those wheat stations too.... Ships cargo wore container so they couldn't buy or sell anything there and it was strange why would my ship dock there. So something might be wrong with those wheat stations perhaps ???? Location is DeVries/Glaring Truth/Fifteen Rays and it was one of those Wheat Plantations. (I was using cap ship bridge mod at that time).

I hope this helps....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 20:10

Nikola515 wrote:
wwdragon wrote:
I had a same problem too.... My URV plot was buying wheat for some reason around 2.0 I think . I already send save long time ago and it thought it was fixed.... I guess not.
To clarify, in my example, the titerel was filling up on energy cells, which the station was already full off.
From what I understand, it was happening because the game wasn't properly managing multiple resource type storages.
I think that was fixed.

TruePikachu
xr

Post by TruePikachu » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 22:33

While I havent had this happen specifically, I can weigh in towards it being fixed.

I have a miner assigned to one of my stations (AL metalworks IIRC); the station demands Ore and Silicon. When the miner gets the "Collect Resources" job, if one of the storages are full, it doesn't seek to collect that resource. If neither are full, it collects both.

It does not check how full either resource would be after unloading, however; it will happily collect 1000+ Ore to handle a demand of 1. This glitch could possibly result in false positives towards the other one not being fixed, as could the apparent behavior for ships to collect loose cargo (I've had Bio-optic Wiring delivered by NPC to my first DV station's CV in my current freeplay; I suspect it to have been stolen from the nearby shipyard.)

This is with a 3.50 native vanilla save.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 22:41

wwdragon wrote:
Nikola515 wrote:
wwdragon wrote:
To clarify, in my example, the titerel was filling up on energy cells, which the station was already full off.
From what I understand, it was happening because the game wasn't properly managing multiple resource type storages.
I think that was fixed.
I have that problem too (that is normal in my game lol). Ships keep buying things that they don't need and ignore things they do. In my last replay I had problem with Ship Tech Fab that wouldn't buy any of medical supplies and it was empty. Also my stations producing them wore full too but for some reason they wouldn't sell them... I think manager AI cant use hybrid ships and also it have problem supplying it stations :(

PS. All of my station had money,drones and ships.

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 22:33

BurnIt! wrote:Are all of these savegames showing this problem from 2.0 or older?
While I can confirm that certain ships have cargo in their storage that's not supposed to be there based on their current assignment I have no way of knowing how it got there in the first place.
And having run the game for many hours with additional debug logging enabled and it's just not happening (and looking through the scripts I also cannot see how it can happen)
Mine game started at version 2.0. MED factory was built back then. At same time that ship (carrying plasma cells) was assigned to factory and was under it control since then.

Ship assigned to construction shop was given to station after version 3.0 came out.

It seems to me that this issue is around for some time but to be perfectly honest it does happen rarely.

The only constructive advise I can give is to test this with universal type ships as that is what all of my problematic ship had in common...

I hope it helps.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”