Why is everyone still trying to play this.....................................???

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:41

Timsup2nothin wrote:Why are you so concerned with talking people out of playing it that you are still hanging around?
Because he sees that all the rage going on can be avoided by not playing and giving the devs some time to fix?

(I can predict many responses to this that will start a flame war starting by: "but they had seven years to fix it!")
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Charlie901
x3tc

Post by Charlie901 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:44

Dr2i wrote:
Timsup2nothin wrote:Why are you so concerned with talking people out of playing it that you are still hanging around?
Because he sees that all the rage going on can be avoided by not playing and giving the devs some time to fix?

(I can predict many responses to this that will start a flame war starting by: "but they had seven years to fix it!")

EXACTLY!

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:47

Because, when the game is working and I'm not fighting bugs it's very fun to play. Even in it's current limited scope.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Aidyer
x3tc

Re: Why is everyone still trying to play this.....................................???

Post by Aidyer » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:50

Charlie901 wrote:
Slajfer wrote:
Charlie901 wrote: Long time fan of the X series but I've logged 0 hours since purchase and refuse to play this pile of crap till it gets some serious attention from the Devs and modding community!
I just can't take you seriously when you write something like that.
X forum member since 05, same as you!

What makes you think I would even want to load the game and try to play it? I'm not going to beat my head against a wall hoping to move that wall. To each their own though!

I've watched the YouTube vids and seen all the posts since release.

I got taken by the presale and went back to X3...
How can you complain about a product and call it a "pile of crap" when you haven't played it? Load it and try it. I and a noticeable chunk of the community like it. It's attacks like this on a game in development where the user has no knowledge of the game and just wants to stand up and look big that really ticks me off.

Charlie901
x3tc

Re: Why is everyone still trying to play this.....................................???

Post by Charlie901 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:50

Slajfer wrote:
Charlie901 wrote:
Slajfer wrote:
Charlie901 wrote: Long time fan of the X series but I've logged 0 hours since purchase and refuse to play this pile of crap till it gets some serious attention from the Devs and modding community!

What makes you think I would even want to load the game and try to play it? I'm not going to beat my head against a wall hoping to move that wall. To each their own though!

I understand 100% what you're trying to say, and it's definitely a good attitude if you have no tolerance for bugs or issues. For example I clocked about 45h in the game and have recently hit a brick wall, so now I'm debating whether I should start a new game now or I should wait a week or 2.

What I meant though, is saying you played for 0 hours and wondering why are other people playing is not a good way to say what you want to say :)

Also, the game is getting serious attention from devs. I mean we had a patch on Saturday morning followed by a hotfix that solved actual issue.

Exactly... I want to be able to play through the main campaign without hitting that brick wall, I want to use my X45 and not regress to my keyboard, I want to be able to issue ship commands to my trade ships without jumping through hoops and them getting constantly stuck, I want to use freelook in my cockpit and external views, I want to be able to upgrade and switch weapons on my ship, etc...

If I try to play now my frustration will forever dampen my love for this series...

All I see are hundreds of posts about this advertised missing feature, multiple bugs, broken main campaign, FPS issues and crashes and wonder why everyone keeps trying to play through all of this and complaining when all they need to do is take a break and wait....

Although it does take huge willpower not to play!

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:54

Because it's a free country? And people have the right to choose how to spend their time?

I know, it's a crazy concept. Give it a try, though. You might like it.

Charlie901
x3tc

Post by Charlie901 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:55

Aidyer wrote:
Charlie901 wrote:
Slajfer wrote:

How can you complain about a product and call it a "pile of crap" when you haven't played it? Load it and try it. I and a noticeable chunk of the community like it. It's attacks like this on a game in development where the user has no knowledge of the game and just wants to stand up and look big that really ticks me off.

So I need to play this to realize its no where near release, has bugs that wont let you complete the main story, has serious FPS issues on high end rigs,you are locked in forward view in pit, have no external view of my ship, is missing some of the most basic features of X3 (Forget about SETA), no joystick support as of yet and suffer from some of the worst NPC textures I've ever seen on YouTube...

Everything I need to know currently about this game has been said numerous times...

Charlie901
x3tc

Post by Charlie901 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:57

Creston wrote:Because it's a free country? And people have the right to choose how to spend their time?

I know, it's a crazy concept. Give it a try, though. You might like it.

OK but be sure to tell those same people to stop posting that they crash every ten minutes of gameplay yet they still keep playing and wonder why they are miserable...

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 00:05

People like eating their ... "sweet lemons"

People who still play and defend this miserable game are victims of consumer Stockholm syndrome. Let down by poor quality product they purchased and apparently trying no not fall into bad mood they will try to rationalize the choice they have made.
No one likes to admit to bad decisions and failures, while supporting Rebirth was obviously one of such.
Symptoms of it are visible by expressing ridiculous opinions about the product they own, stating that Rebirth isn't that bad and if it isn't bad - it's rather good actually.
Instead of reveling true opinions -validity of their belief will rise higher the pressure from people openly saying true yet hard to swallow facts on how bad the product is.
Yeah enjoy 'sweet lemons', how they say in psychology.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Charlie901
x3tc

Post by Charlie901 » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 00:10

How many newcommers to the X series are going to get so frustrated bashing their way through an unfinished, obviously broken game that when most of the biggest issues are addressed in a couple of months this game will be long forgotten by them???

If it feels better to be immature and just call me a troll then thats your opinion only because your ignorant of my logic...

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 00:11

jeroll3d wrote:No problem in my game, i play all time and no chash.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ya, if my game would crash all the time, i wouldn't have any "chash" too. :s

Charlie901
x3tc

Post by Charlie901 » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 00:11

Sorkvild wrote:People like eating their ... "sweet lemons"

People who still play and defend this miserable game are victims of consumer Stockholm syndrome. Let down by poor quality product they purchased and apparently trying no not fall into bad mood they will try to rationalize the choice they have made.
No one likes to admit to bad decisions and failures, while supporting Rebirth was obviously one of such.
Symptoms of it are visible by expressing ridiculous opinions about the product they own, stating that Rebirth isn't that bad and if it isn't bad - it's rather good actually.
Instead of reveling true opinions -validity of their belief will rise higher the pressure from people openly saying true yet hard to swallow facts on how bad the product is.
Yeah enjoy 'sweet lemons', how they say in psychology.

Very true!

steelgrey75
x3ap

Post by steelgrey75 » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:37

I also have given up on it, its tested my patience to the limit and I don't want to become so angry with it that I never play it again.
I bought Black Flag to take my mind off it, and started to play Skyrim again, and have thought about the game rarely.
I do check on here every day to see what improvements have been made, but I don't think I will start the game up for another couple of weeks now.
I am looking forward to playing when it runs smoothly and the bugs have been sorted out.

JamesJB
x4

Post by JamesJB » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:40

Because I love this game and I know sooner or later the game will be awesome once everything is fixed.

I have 82 hours of game play so far according to Steam. Yea I crash etc but thats what saving is for. Sometimes though when nothing is going wrong I forget to save and I lose about 6 hours Doh!! lol but that's fine I just continue on playing :)

RWolf
x3tc

Post by RWolf » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:42

The only thing that keeps me coming back is someone's certain "boob window".

savagetwinky

Post by savagetwinky » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:46

Charlie901 wrote:
Slajfer wrote:
Charlie901 wrote:
Slajfer wrote:

I understand 100% what you're trying to say, and it's definitely a good attitude if you have no tolerance for bugs or issues. For example I clocked about 45h in the game and have recently hit a brick wall, so now I'm debating whether I should start a new game now or I should wait a week or 2.

What I meant though, is saying you played for 0 hours and wondering why are other people playing is not a good way to say what you want to say :)

Also, the game is getting serious attention from devs. I mean we had a patch on Saturday morning followed by a hotfix that solved actual issue.

Exactly... I want to be able to play through the main campaign without hitting that brick wall, I want to use my X45 and not regress to my keyboard, I want to be able to issue ship commands to my trade ships without jumping through hoops and them getting constantly stuck, I want to use freelook in my cockpit and external views, I want to be able to upgrade and switch weapons on my ship, etc...

If I try to play now my frustration will forever dampen my love for this series...

All I see are hundreds of posts about this advertised missing feature, multiple bugs, broken main campaign, FPS issues and crashes and wonder why everyone keeps trying to play through all of this and complaining when all they need to do is take a break and wait....

Although it does take huge willpower not to play!

If people don't play, the dev's don't get feedback, if the dev's don't get feedback it will stay buggy and incomplete much longer.

Your choosing not to help the devs so your first experience is the best, great, but why do you feel the need to berate the community for playing and giving feedback, especially when you yourself are using that feedback to know when to start playing?

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:49

I'm a glutton for punishment. Oh yeah baby! hit me harder!! *huff* *huff*... Er... Did I say that out loud? ooops...

morikaane
x4

Post by morikaane » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:52

caleb wrote:I'm a glutton for punishment. Oh yeah baby! hit me harder!! *huff* *huff*... Er... Did I say that out loud? ooops...
:lol:

[Yeah, I think we heard].

*avoids eye contact and keeps walking* :P

M.
| XRM | XSSP | IE | IEX | UI-Gold |

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

caveman623
x4

Post by caveman623 » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:59

I am at atleast 50+ hours of gameplay and as of my second run through the campaign i have encountered very little bugs and even less that stops me from continuing. Aside from taking the time to get my Rahanas back most bugs have been fixed for me by changing the situation in the game and trying again.. EX: could not trade- went and capture 2 cap ships. all trade functions worked again. these simple bugs allow you to explore more of the game( if you do not rage quit) without smashing through the plot.

Rawh
x3tc

Post by Rawh » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:59

Charlie901 wrote:Long time fan of the X series but I've logged 0 hours since purchase and refuse to play this pile of crap till it gets some serious attention from the Devs and modding community!
You just sound like a huge troll. Play the game, evade the bugs, retry them with a patch, stop your whine :)

Also, X3 is three levels down in the forum, go back if you don't want to play, just don't drag us along your sorry excuse!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”