Why is everyone still trying to play this.....................................???

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xXPhantomFenix

Re: Why is everyone still trying to play this.....................................???

Post by xXPhantomFenix » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 02:18

Sorkvild wrote: People like eating their ... "sweet lemons"

People who still play and defend this miserable game are victims of consumer Stockholm syndrome. Let down by poor quality product they purchased and apparently trying no not fall into bad mood they will try to rationalize the choice they have made.
No one likes to admit to bad decisions and failures, while supporting Rebirth was obviously one of such.
Symptoms of it are visible by expressing ridiculous opinions about the product they own, stating that Rebirth isn't that bad and if it isn't bad - it's rather good actually.
Instead of reveling true opinions -validity of their belief will rise higher the pressure from people openly saying true yet hard to swallow facts on how bad the product is.
Yeah enjoy 'sweet lemons', how they say in psychology.
And you are still here? :lol:

What you said is true but only applies to some % of people. It is clearly obvious that the game is broken and bugged for most consumers and that the amount of bad experiences is dependent on the hardwares and how XRebirth decides to act on their computers.

This doesnt mean that everyone that is actually managing to enjoy some bits of it is a Stockholm Syndrome user.
Rawh wrote:
Charlie901 wrote:Long time fan of the X series but I've logged 0 hours since purchase and refuse to play this pile of crap till it gets some serious attention from the Devs and modding community!
You just sound like a huge troll. Play the game, evade the bugs, retry them with a patch, stop your whine :)

Also, X3 is three levels down in the forum, go back if you don't want to play, just don't drag us along your sorry excuse!
+1

I have a good habit of quick saving so the few crashes I have is nothing to me. :lol:

Plus, the only mission bug I had was the Rahanas which I fixed it with just 3 loads easy.

Besides that, I must be extremely lucky not having any major bugs and having some decent fun minus some lack of features :P.

Gotta love whiners trying to drag the rest of us in their pile of crap. Not.

Brachra
x4

Post by Brachra » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 02:32

jasonbarron wrote:Even at launch with all of its problems, the game was still fun to play--now that they've rolled out a number of patches dealing with the most troublesome performance issues the game is freaking awesome.

OP, if you're not just trolling then I seriously advise ignoring most of the baloney that's been getting spread around and just give it a chance. Right now, I've got a bit over 50 hours into it and it just keeps getting better :D
There has not been a single patch dealing with "Performance issues"
what are you smoking?

In fact, for some, including myself.. Performance has gotten WORSE with the new patches
The newest patch dropped my play-ability from 10-12fps down to 2-6fps at all times now.

You sure you didn't mean Bugs? and even if you did, most of the bugfixes so far have caused more bugs..

If performance issues have been resolved for YOU? thats great, im happy for you. But dont spread false information like Egosoft has managed to tackle all of the essential fixes yet.
Amd Phenom II X4 965 Black edition OC@ 4.0Ghz
GeForce 760GTX 2Gb Oc
8GB RAM
500GB HD

MarkCz

Post by MarkCz » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 03:00

Charlie, I completely agree with you buddy.

I am not sure why people are giving you a hard time; you're effectively telling people if they don't like the game in it's current state, to stop playing it and getting frustrated. That is perfect advice and I find most people in this thread disagreeing just seem butt-hurt over the fact that you're calling the game bad.

I played the game for a little bit and came to the same conclusion you have; this is simply not worth playing right now. I've since put my time into other games, the older X games too, but I still come on here daily to see progress updates and discuss potential fixes for the game.

It seems people are more or less saying our opinions should not matter and we should go read a different forum, simply because we aren't willing to waste our time playing a game that will be infinitely more playable upon a handful of fixes being implemented.

I have 6 accounts in EVE Online and I've logged barely 10 hours in the X games in toal; so why in the HELL would I ever play Rebirth? No sane person would in that scenario.

Mauzi!
x3ap

Re: Why is everyone still trying to play this.....................................???

Post by Mauzi! » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 03:27

Aidyer wrote:I and a noticeable chunk of the community like it.
Don't forget to say that the community has recently dropped in numbers and most of those who didn't want to bear with the fraud game are gone already, leaving the field mainly to the one who manage to turn a blind eye on the issues or are rightout blind. Thus, the people who like XR slowly become majority of the XR forum - let's hope for Egosoft that it'll be enough to let them survive long enough to get their sh!t together. Not that they even cared to announce that they are willing to do, though, after all their monetary "success".
Aidyer wrote:attacks like this on a game in development
The game has been officially released with promised content and what not, so that card isn't valid really in regards to creating stuff that should have been there since release. This of course doesn't exclude the fact that an X game will never stop being under development really - just, XR isn't an X game yet at all.
"I would like to say how amazed we all are here by the huge success of the game" - Bernd Lehahn
"Any fan of space simulations will find the UI in X Rebirth easy to use and much more intuitive, but the 'Trade, Fight, Build, Think' gameplay elements and interaction remain as deep as X game fans have come to expect" - Bernd Lehahn
"Sir, we are lacking 'success' for a while now and must take action !" - "Okay, let's pull off an XR then!".

Rug
x4

Post by Rug » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 03:36

MarkCz wrote:I am not sure why people are giving you a hard time; you're effectively telling people if they don't like the game in it's current state, to stop playing it and getting frustrated. That is perfect advice and I find most people in this thread disagreeing just seem butt-hurt over the fact that you're calling the game bad.
I think it's because he appears to be saying that those people who are playing, and enjoying playing, the game shouldn't be doing so.

This is based upon his self-professed zero hours of experience with the game, despite which he complains that his joystick won't work.

I think he should at least give it a go, and see how it pans out on his setup. Works just fine with a joystick for me. Smooth graphics. Rare crashes - and I just reload and carry on, maybe trying a different approach (just like I had to in X3, when I flew through a gate and got mowed down by a Cap ship the other side).

But people are different. His reality doesn't have to be mine. That's fine. I don't understand his desire to stop those who are playing from continuing. People have completed the plot. That doesn't sound 'completely broken' to me. I don't think that I will finish it, but will drift off in my own direction once I have the swing of how this new game works. I haven't played an X plot since X-BtF.

So how about a bit more of a live and let live attitude ?

Rug
I like to think everyone just wants to feel human.

(Antilogic)

mnut
x3tc

Post by mnut » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 03:42

RWolf wrote:The only thing that keeps me coming back is someone's certain "boob window".
Saw a mod that covered that on the nexus. Why this would keep you from playing I don't know but at least you can fix it. Seriously, it's barely noticeable that it is skin with those hideous texture from the last decade.

thedesertwolf
x3ap

Post by thedesertwolf » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 04:06

Thought so far,

This has been a 60$ paid beta and while that is horrifically irritating in and of itself there are worse things out there.

Egosoft is not Hammerpoint Interactive (War Z and whatever the heck they renamed it) and they do actually fix their games even if they've had a nasty, rocky launch. Yes this has been a new low for Egosoft as far as unpleasant launches go and yes they have been working on correcting the nastiest issues in it right now.

As for why people are still playing it, simple, from a good portion of us this is essentially the qa/beta testing that apparently did not go on during development and without feedback and pointing out the most glaring issues nothing gets fixed. Yes they should have done it first, yes they should admit it wasn't originally targeted at pc's and a great deal of other things and they should have been absolutely transparent with the community instead of falling back on stockholder 'uplift' speeches. What is there now is at least a framework that we the players can damn well improve upon, fix and get to what it should be instead of the mess it is right now.

Yes you can argue that egosoft should have done this all beforehand and I do agree that them not doing this is irritating as all hell. It happened and nothing can change that fact now.

The more you look at the thing, all of the bizarre game mechanic choices, all the incomplete programming the more it smells of the 'ran out of money' syndrome. Now there is capital going into the game again and it will improve. If they had said 'we are having problems and need help' instead of launching X Rebirth in it's current state, Egosoft would have damn well got it but right now, this is what we have, this is what is being fixed and acting as the beta testers in a full game priced beta is what is going to have to be done to get the game that we bloody well know it can be.
Last edited by thedesertwolf on Sun, 24. Nov 13, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.
I never knew that Kha'ak tasted like fried chicken!

RWolf
x3tc

Post by RWolf » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 04:07

mnut wrote:
RWolf wrote:The only thing that keeps me coming back is someone's certain "boob window".
Saw a mod that covered that on the nexus. Why this would keep you from playing I don't know but at least you can fix it. Seriously, it's barely noticeable that it is skin with those hideous texture from the last decade.
Read it again.

Spaceweed
x3

Post by Spaceweed » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 04:19

Charlie901 wrote:
Slajfer wrote:
Charlie901 wrote: Long time fan of the X series but I've logged 0 hours since purchase and refuse to play this pile of crap till it gets some serious attention from the Devs and modding community!
I just can't take you seriously when you write something like that.
X forum member since 05, same as you!

What makes you think I would even want to load the game and try to play it? I'm not going to beat my head against a wall hoping to move that wall. To each their own though!

I've watched the YouTube vids and seen all the posts since release.

Some folk are exactly as you describe them. However, these are the folk that will have huge inputs into how the game is shaped going forward, and you will one day come back to thank them.

Kids are sooo shortsighted ;)

I got taken by the presale and went back to X3...

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 04:32

thedesertwolf wrote:...this is what is being fixed and acting as the beta testers in a full game priced beta is what is going to have to be done to get the game that we bloody well know it can be.
Well thought-out post, and I am agreeing with it in general.

Yet, I would like to know how you think that Egosoft is going into any sort of desirable direction with this game ever ? Despite all the complaints that they promised more content than they delivered, not to speak of the "intuitive UI", they only care for bugfixing while leaving us in the dark in regards to their goals.

Without such announcement about the future direction of the game, instead of turning XR into the game we wish it to be (as per the advertisement, see my signature), they could as well be fully going into the console style, adding some limited content but keeping it as shallow as they deem suitable for the console market.

At this point, I wouldn't dare to take bets that they actually want this to become an X game but rather a fraud fund raiser for their future console desires of which Bernd made clear he does have. And sadly, all the XR game is pointing into right that direction - which is why a word from Bernd is urgently required. For a while already, and I am sure he knows that but wouldn't want to commit to anything.
"I would like to say how amazed we all are here by the huge success of the game" - Bernd Lehahn
"Any fan of space simulations will find the UI in X Rebirth easy to use and much more intuitive, but the 'Trade, Fight, Build, Think' gameplay elements and interaction remain as deep as X game fans have come to expect" - Bernd Lehahn
"Sir, we are lacking 'success' for a while now and must take action !" - "Okay, let's pull off an XR then!".

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 04:43

Brachra wrote:
jasonbarron wrote:Even at launch with all of its problems, the game was still fun to play--now that they've rolled out a number of patches dealing with the most troublesome performance issues the game is freaking awesome.

OP, if you're not just trolling then I seriously advise ignoring most of the baloney that's been getting spread around and just give it a chance. Right now, I've got a bit over 50 hours into it and it just keeps getting better :D
what are you smoking?

In fact, for some, including myself.. Performance has gotten WORSE with the new patches
The newest patch dropped my play-ability from 10-12fps down to 2-6fps at all times now.

You sure you didn't mean Bugs? and even if you did, most of the bugfixes so far have caused more bugs..

If performance issues have been resolved for YOU? thats great, im happy for you. But dont spread false information like Egosoft has managed to tackle all of the essential fixes yet.
You sound pretty angry there, Brachra. Maybe you should try smoking some spaceweed and lighten up a tad.

The truth is, Ego has rolled out a number of patches, and for the most part my version of the game seems to be performing pretty smoothly. Sorry if that information bothers you :D
Ayn Rand was correct.

thedesertwolf
x3ap

Post by thedesertwolf » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 04:52

Not exactly certain them branching out into the console market makes any sense as this seems to be a rather nasty proof of concept of "Nowhere near ready" for that end either.

We do need to hear from their lead producer, Mr. Bernd, as to what he originally intended to do with this game as it is rather flippantly apparent that none of it was anywhere near completion at launch. While it would be unpleasant in some situations just admitting to A.) We ran out of funding or B.) This was an aborted console port would be nice to let the community here know what went wrong. We both know that is not going to happen now and is unlikely to ever happen.

With how often Egosoft tends to need to patch their games and how murderously expensive it is to get the rights to patch anything on the Microsoft or Playstation or Nintendo networks (They all charge a fee for any content fixes/patches for any game and I do not mean a 'minimal' fee either.) And the fact the last generations games sales were nowhere near what the generation before offered it does not make financial sense to go into the market especially with the sort of background egosoft has. It does not seem feasible unless Bernd is intending to defraud the development studio and buy a house somewhere in Argentina to avoid the police.

What is left however is what we are presented with. The UI needs a massive overhaul agreed and the immersion is horribly lacking on a lot of levels. This leaves us with rather few options on the matter, one is to hound/ride Egosoft like they deserve to produce what they promised... the other far less likely option is to see how long it takes for the modders (We know there will be plenty eventually) to have a proper go at it. By the time if/when the modders get to it. Need the hounding to go on to keep the modders community alive and letting up on Egosoft and our dear Mr. Bernd isn't going to get what needs fixing fixed.

The third option is "grab the dang source code, rip it apart and rebuild it as a community/personal project" and is the least likely to happen as it requires an insane amount of time and dedication. It'd be nice if we could but face it, only a small percentage of the X community go on to become modders.

So far I rather like the "Hound Mr. Bernd" Option. Could mean some quite nice things for us, especially if it starts to get sent directly to him while the rest of the folks at Egosoft play 'operation desperate fixing/cleanup'
Last edited by thedesertwolf on Sun, 24. Nov 13, 04:55, edited 1 time in total.
I never knew that Kha'ak tasted like fried chicken!

Mogir

Post by Mogir » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 04:54

Why is everyone still trying to play this.....................................???

Because i love the concept and want it to work...

With that said i will probably leave the game for a couple of week's and come back when more patches has been released!

Holzfallen
x3tc

Post by Holzfallen » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 05:11

How will the game get fixed if theres no one to do the bug testing. O.... Mind you I'm having fun as well. If you have zero hours on the game you don't really have any foot to stand on. Play the damn game and help with the bug testing or be quite and don't complain.

This game would go nowhere if it wern't for we few, we band of brothers, testing it and getting it to work the way we want it to work. Giving the devs our input.

Stop compaining about a game you don't like and start helping, or sell the thing.

I've never in my life seen the amount of bad mouthing complaining as I have on this Egosoft forum in the last 2 weeks. Not even my wife complains that much.
Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.
( Thucydides)

A wise man in times of peace prepares for war.
(Horace)

Brachra
x4

Post by Brachra » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 05:14

jasonbarron wrote:
Brachra wrote:

what are you smoking?

You sound pretty angry there, Brachra. Maybe you should try smoking some spaceweed and lighten up a tad.

The truth is, Ego has rolled out a number of patches, and for the most part my version of the game seems to be performing pretty smoothly. Sorry if that information bothers you :D
No anger at all actually, read what you wrote. You cant type something like that and just assume all of us to understand. Things like that will cause even more issues with Egosoft than ever, people thinking because you said They fixed performance, that performance has been fixed? and its worse for them?... think about it.
Amd Phenom II X4 965 Black edition OC@ 4.0Ghz
GeForce 760GTX 2Gb Oc
8GB RAM
500GB HD

eRe4s3r
xr

Post by eRe4s3r » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 05:24

Just for the record, I also have constant bad performance and last patch only increased CPU usage on 1 core, *of 6*...., not performance... and I am close to giving up on this game and Egosoft.

7 Patches and performance is still not acceptable. At what point do they plan to make the game actually work for the recommended spec they listed on Steam?

cjuero1123
x3tc

Post by cjuero1123 » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 05:59

Charlie901 wrote:
Timsup2nothin wrote:Why are you so concerned with talking people out of playing it that you are still hanging around?

For the 1000th TIME!

How am I going to determine that this game has been moved from Alpha to a Beta status without checking this forum for post patch player feedback!!!

Maybe I will just guess that most of the features have been fixed and the campaign is finishable?
Here is a question:

How are you going to know it is 'safe' for you to play it if other people aren't "still playing this......................."? Do you see the irony of your posted 'question' and what you just wrote here?

Leszek
x4

Post by Leszek » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 06:00

There can't be better performance with patches, this game is just demanding. You can't increase performance, in game with thousands independent objects in one scene. In two years, with new hardware, like with first Crysis it will be no problem, for now just drop settings.

----
This topic is childish. Why we play this game? Because this game is epic! One of the greatest games in history. If someone don't have patience for this early stage, maybe should wait year or two until it will be polished, and community will write tutorials.

GebürtigerTerraner
xr

Post by GebürtigerTerraner » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 06:05

Leszek wrote:There can't be better performance with patches, this game is just demanding. You can't increase performance, in game with thousands independent objects in one scene. In two years, with new hardware, like with first Crysis it will be no problem, for now just drop settings.

----
This topic is childish. Why we play this game? Because this game is epic! One of the greatest games in history. If someone don't have patience for this early stage, maybe should wait year or two until it will be polished, and community will write tutorials.
I guess you don't know about optimizing,and no,this is not,by any means a good game.It has the potential to become one,but as it it now,it is not.
It means nothing,its lika schamalamadingdong or give peace a chance!

irda
x4

Post by irda » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 06:17

Even tho i had quite crashy saturday evening i'm still having lot of fun with this game. Reason for that might be that i'm not trying to change the game into my liking but instead i'm enjoying it as it is and when time comes, i move on. Sure it has flaws. but come on... which came in reacent history had seamless transition from ship flying into walking in stations. Or changing zones for that matter just to name one example.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”