X rebirth, video serie (german) part 1, 2, 3 and 4

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Informer
x4

X rebirth, video serie (german) part 1, 2, 3 and 4

Post by Informer » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 00:09

Last edited by Informer on Fri, 11. Oct 13, 12:49, edited 6 times in total.

DaddyMonster

Post by DaddyMonster » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 01:32

Superb footage - great spot

hourheroyes
x4

Post by hourheroyes » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 01:36

Anyone willing or able to give a basic transcript?? :)

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 01:41

One wonders what a "Dwarvish Tinderbox" is. :lol:

N3KIO

Post by N3KIO » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 01:52

Where is part 2,3 and 4?
Last edited by N3KIO on Wed, 9. Oct 13, 01:57, edited 2 times in total.

DaddyMonster

Post by DaddyMonster » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 01:54

Just posted on the DE forum discussing this cheekily asking for a translation!!! We'll see if one of them comes up gold :-)

EDIT: no N3KIO, it's not the demo

bubbleman
x3tc

Post by bubbleman » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 02:43

good spot made my night .....countdown on,looking good not like my german... :cry:

bubbleman
x3tc

Post by bubbleman » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 02:44

you are the informer ..... :)

Theodorik
x3ap

Post by Theodorik » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 03:09

Awesome find my good man - the visuals of the game look super sweet..
I am now even more excited than before, and I have to go to sleep now, except my excitement forces me to put finger to keyboard once more...

:rofl: :D :) :mrgreen: :thumb_up:

Points of Note:

Shields have a pause of 5 seconds, before they regen quickly.
(See times at: 2min 30sec and 6min 35sec)

OMG, they actually enter a highway!!!
See how they use their boost to catch up to other ships?
(See time at: 6min 40sec)

Normal speed in the highway is approx 2 impulse (out of a max of 20, for example).

Dwarfish Tinderbox is a Zone. ;)
(See time at: 7min 38sec, message appears with blue highlight at the bottom of the screen)

You can also see the cockpit glass bubble effect.
Look above where the "speed bar" in the cockpit meets the glass.
When the ship's nose points down, you will see the distortion affect where the glass is thicker.
(See time at: 7min 53sec, easier to see with planet in foreground)

You can also see what job roles are available at stations by flying over them.
(See time at 9min 24sec)

I do love the red highlighting around the monitor screens in the cockpit - they give a wonderful depth to the cockpit, and increase the immersiveness.
Might this be similar to a "wood trim" in a Jaguar? :)
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those who know binary,
And those who don't.

pigeonpigeon

Post by pigeonpigeon » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 04:49

Is it just me or do all those little ships flying around in line seem way too small? They look like toys. It might just be a matter of perspective, but it doesn't look right from what I've seen so far.

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 05:12

Theodorik wrote: Dwarfish Tinderbox is a Zone. ;)
(See time at: 7min 38sec, message appears with blue highlight at the bottom of the screen)

Is it really spelled Dwarfish? Too bad. They didn't use the Tolkien spellings. There are no Dwarfs in Middle Earth, only Dwarves.
Theodorik wrote: Might this be similar to a "wood trim" in a Jaguar? :)
Aston Martin, I think.

Niemmy

Post by Niemmy » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 05:41

Is it just me or do all those little ships flying around in line seem way too small? They look like toys. It might just be a matter of perspective, but it doesn't look right from what I've seen so far.
Yer that what I thought too so your not alone in that.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 05:52

Those little ships are the motorcycles, cars, vans and little trucks of a Space City, in other videos, you can see how bigger fighter craft are compared to them and how you compared better to the fighter craft.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 05:58

motorbikes and Prius's seem pretty small compared to fighter jets and military transports ;) my guess is the same goes for space, and 1000 years from now i think it's safe to say the technology would be advanced enough for space vehicles to be that small.

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 07:02

I understand a little German, and they talking about 2 kinds of highways.
Normal Highways and Super highways.

Normal highways you can jump out anytime you want. So you can explore the sector if you want too. (like you did see in this video) These highway connecting city’s and hotspots. But also just for that solar system.

Super highways (the blue ones) are for bigger distance. These are the highways who connect planets or moons together but also still in that solar system were you are. (If I did understand that correctly )

Then you got still the normal jump gates, you go to a other solar system, if I did get that right.

The rest of the video's will be all coming out this week.

Greetzzz

SunofVich
x3

Post by SunofVich » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 08:31

I watched that pretty footage. I especially like that bar that was just kinda sitting on the platform. My mind immediately went "SPACEBALLS" and then I heard, i think, amongst the German words "spaceballs" as well.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 08:39

Sounds like another :rant: too early released video ... it is no longer accessible on Youtube :P.

I wish the guess in the media that release this stuff actually checked with Egosoft first. :wink:
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Wed, 9. Oct 13, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

TGS
x3ap

Post by TGS » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 08:40

Wow this video is amazing. Shame I can't understand most of what they're saying. But that's okay, I was quite captivated by the game before my eyes. I'm surprised there wasn't a string of drool hanging off my mouth, but my mouth was certainly agape!

Edit: Though I must say I am surprised at the impressive graphic detail for a game that has been in the works for what 5 or 7 years or something?

Sryan

Post by Sryan » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 10:17

Hello guys, I'll make a quick transcript.

00:00 - 00:45

not much being told here, X is game about fighting, trading thinking and building. this guy is the CEO of Egosoft etc etc.

00:45

Interviewer: What does the X games stand for? and what does Rebirth stand for?

Bernd:

The x games is a pretty old series, beginning in 1999. The first game was released then, X: beyond the frontier. For us as the developer, X began much earlier ofcourse. We started working on it midway through the 90's. So we're in the space simulation business for pretty much 20 years today. The X games pretty much stand for games in a universe where the players has the power to decide what he wants to do for himself. So a very large sandbox. X beyond started with the fact that the player had a ship with wich he could trade in the universe. This way he could make improvements to his ship and pursue targets like becoming a wealthy trader. Become a bigger trader, or a combatant. So just like you said "trade, fight, build, think" has been our motto since the 90's. The player can decide for himself, is he a combatant? is he a trader? Or would he rather build stations. The player has the power to decide and it will stay the same in X-Rebirth.

02:05

Interviewer:

We see something new here, or actually not something new, but a feature that returns that we haven't seen since X2. The cockpit! Why did you decide to put a cockpit back in the game and why did you chose to have only 1 playable ship? Even if the player has a lot of control over other things too.

Bernd:

The player can have a lot of things. He can own many ships, and he can control drones. He can even control those drones from a first person perspective. But there is only one real player ship. This allows us to present this ship as something special. I can make the cockpit really cool, I can allow the player to walk around the ship, I can make the instruments functional. And the player keeps upgrading it throughout the plot.

At the start of the game the ship is pretty much broken, the player has to repair it and it doesn't have any weapons. But it is a special ship, with history. Later in the game it keeps getting bigger and more important but at the same time, the player can own large capital ships that may be many hundreds of metres in size, or even kilomtres. He can even control them! but not from the cockpit perspective. That is a function we've taken out of the game, simply because it is pointless/useless ( he says kein sinn wich means "not meaningful" ) to fly such a big and therefor slow vessel yourself.

3:45 a ship like that one there could be under your command. He can accomplish tasks for you that you assign to it. Those tasks could be trading, or perhaps mining. You can give those commands from your own ship. You can even give commands when you are docked, or land on the capital ship itself and give commands from there. So you do not have to be in the cockpit to give commands. On the other hand we have the other extreme: drones. You can also command these from the cockpit. It's true that you have only 1 ship, but drones expand the freedom you have. You can fly them from the first person perspective and do special tasks with them.

4:42

Interviewer

We're pretty far in the plot campaign here, wich serves as introduction. I notice the ship is still kinda slow, but I assume it will improve later on.

Bernd: Yeah

Interviewer:
We also don't have an extraordinairy amount of weapons yet, either. ( 5:05 ) par example I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of that police ship over there yet. ( bernd laughs ), but I'm taking a look around here. Can you perhaps tell us how long it will take before the player is at the point where he stands before the universe and can do whatever like they are used to from the series?

Bernd: To be honest there are 2 stories. One is the big, epic story. and the small story thats < incomprehensible for me > ( die die die diese spiele ist? that would be "that this game is" but I am not sure if I heard that correctly. I think what he means is the players own story ). The big story is that the universe has massively changed since the X games of the past. Par example the jumpgates have closed. We find ourselves in a single system here, in the albion region. In this game, that's presented as much bigger. And within this system, there are several jumpgates that aren't working anymore, for decades. There are theories about why the jumpgates don't work anymore. There also theories about the motives of "the old people". Those are aliens that you don't know personaly. The player hasn't met them yet, not even in the past games. But a lot of speculation is done about their behaviour. But what involves the player directly is really his own story. He is in this universe, in this part of the universe, in Albion, extradited to this corporation: the Plutarch mining corporation. That company appears to be pretty shady, pretty aggressive as well. They try to make money by any means possible, and operate very recklessly. By the co-pilot, wich you have seen before, the player gets sucked into this battle against this corporation. That's how the story evolves. And as the player does this, the universe opens up and new choices and things open up.

07:08

Interviewer: Sucked in? We're getting sucked into something else here! We're looking at a new play-element. The jumpgates are broken down, closed. The universe is build up differently now. Those who remember the older x games, the universe was built by a lot of sectors woven together by jumpgates. The player could go through the jumpgates and travel from one area to another this way. You saw a little animation and then you where there. But now we have world-highways where we travel over. What was the motive to change this and how does this change the structure of the universe?

Bernd: The target is to present an infrastructure similair to what is present on earth. I have cities, I have "hotspots" of life, so to say. ( 08:00 ) par example this location here. there are many stations here, built in the vicinity of one another. They exist out of many little modules, and a lot of ships are flying around and trading in this area. They are connected with roads, highways, if you will. The highways allow ships to travel really fast, and also the player, if he wants to. If the players wants he can get from point to points really fast, he can play missions really fast this way, explore the universe this way. He doesn't have to fly straight ahead for hours on end and pass the time while nothing happens. We want it so that if the player wants to, he can have constant action around him, near highways and being close to stations.

The jumpgates will open up later, as well. But the point is that what used to be between these jumpgates now really is the size of a solar system. There are 2 levels of highways. Super highways and normal highways.

interviewer: the one we've just been on, was that a normal one?

bernd: yes that was was a normal one. Normal means you can leave the highways at any chosen point you do so. And if you want so, you can really explore the sector, there are things to be found. This wasn't possible in the past It would have taken way to much time to fly there.

The superhighways are blue, you will recognise them. You won't be able to leave these in flight but they bring you from one node to another quickly within a solar system. And there are the jumpgates...

9:35

We've beentalking about exploring, and here I have discovered something! a spacebar! I think we're going to take a break there! In the next episode we're going to land and take a look at this new game-element. Perhaps we can take a closer look at trade as well. Perhaps have a little battle here or there. or take a look at another secotr perhaps. At the very least we'll talk more about X, and about everything that is new. Thank you very much for the first episode. < towards the camera > thank you for watching, we'll continue this in the next episode.

< outro splash screen >

[/u]

DaddyMonster

Post by DaddyMonster » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 10:32

Superb translation - thank you so much for going to the effort for us

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”