Why is everyone still trying to play this.....................................???

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Charlie901
x3tc

Why is everyone still trying to play this.....................................???

Post by Charlie901 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:11

Really! Every post I see is nothing but frustration and crashes...

Are you people gluttens for punishment? I have to ask because even the main campaign is unplayable due to bugs and missing features...

Can't you all play something else and come back to this in a couple of months when some of the biggest issues are hopefully fixed?

Long time fan of the X series but I've logged 0 hours since purchase and refuse to play this pile of crap till it gets some serious attention from the Devs and modding community!

Its not like this is the only video game in existence... There are plenty of games out there.

Have fun and play something else for a while!

Slajfer
x3tc

Re: Why is everyone still trying to play this.....................................???

Post by Slajfer » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:15

Charlie901 wrote: Long time fan of the X series but I've logged 0 hours since purchase and refuse to play this pile of crap till it gets some serious attention from the Devs and modding community!
I just can't take you seriously when you write something like that.

AndrewR
x3

Post by AndrewR » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:19

Do what you want.

I just bought my first freighter.

Looking forward to when Egosoft make the maps more searchable.

Andrew

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:19

No problem in my game, i play all time and no chash.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Charlie901
x3tc

Re: Why is everyone still trying to play this.....................................???

Post by Charlie901 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:21

Slajfer wrote:
Charlie901 wrote: Long time fan of the X series but I've logged 0 hours since purchase and refuse to play this pile of crap till it gets some serious attention from the Devs and modding community!
X forum member since 05, same as you!

What makes you think I would even want to load the game and try to play it? I'm not going to beat my head against a wall hoping to move that wall. To each their own though!

I've watched the YouTube vids and seen all the posts since release.

I got taken by the presale and went back to X3...

sndle9
x4

Post by sndle9 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:24

Charlie901 wrote: Are you people gluttens for punishment? I have to ask because even the main campaign is unplayable due to bugs and missing features...
This game is buggy, and simplified so it is not what I wanted, or expected but I'm still enjoying playing it and I'm pretty deep (70+ hours) into the 'unplayable' plot.

Will I play it as much as any of the previous X games? Almost certainly not as its too shallow and I don't have enough control of my empire.

Will I be interested in the next game that I sincerely hope they make? Yes, but I won't pre-order that one.

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:24

Even at launch with all of its problems, the game was still fun to play--now that they've rolled out a number of patches dealing with the most troublesome performance issues the game is freaking awesome.

OP, if you're not just trolling then I seriously advise ignoring most of the baloney that's been getting spread around and just give it a chance. Right now, I've got a bit over 50 hours into it and it just keeps getting better :D
Ayn Rand was correct.

bufi
x4

Post by bufi » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:24

Charlie901 wrote: I got taken by the presale and went back to X3...
Forum about X3 series it's 3 floors below.

P.

Charlie901
x3tc

Post by Charlie901 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:27

double post
Last edited by Charlie901 on Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:28

I am playing it, 10 hrs in, had a few crashes (more since my upgrade to the fx 6300), but if nobody plays it and help report bugs, be harder to fix it surely.
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

Charlie901
x3tc

Post by Charlie901 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:28

bufi wrote:
Charlie901 wrote: I got taken by the presale and went back to X3...
Forum about X3 series it's 3 floors below.

P.

Don't need to check that forum... that game works fine for me and its not like I need info there on whether a recent patch has made the game playable!!!!

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:29

Charlie901 wrote:Don't need to check that forum... that game works fine for me!
Forums are for more than tech support, FYI.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:30

Why are you so concerned with talking people out of playing it that you are still hanging around?
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

SunofVich
x3

Post by SunofVich » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:33

Because I'm a masochist.
:headbang: :D

Starblood64

Post by Starblood64 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:34

I play in preparation to when everything is fixed. Trading frieghters, stations, military fleet. And when the games good to go i'll have immediate access to everything. Also I don't really crash and find my way around bugs easily so.. it's actually not that bad for me.

Charlie901
x3tc

Post by Charlie901 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:34

Timsup2nothin wrote:Why are you so concerned with talking people out of playing it that you are still hanging around?

For the 1000th TIME!

How am I going to determine that this game has been moved from Alpha to a Beta status without checking this forum for post patch player feedback!!!

Maybe I will just guess that most of the features have been fixed and the campaign is finishable?

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:37

I am enjoying it, thats why :)

Charlie901
x3tc

Post by Charlie901 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:37

I've got my X45 mapped with profiler for X3 but I can't even use my joystick yet with this game...

Not going to frustrate myself by going back to the keyboard which I haven't done in a game like this since pre '05.

Yes, this is frustration for nothing for now!

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:39

Well I hope loads of people keep playing X-R, these guys are the alpha / beta test group (no sarcasm) and are essential for the feedback they provide to the devs.

I’ve had it with the zombie apocalypse, but good luck to diehards battling on.
Last edited by AL'42 on Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

Slajfer
x3tc

Post by Slajfer » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:39

Charlie901 wrote:
Slajfer wrote:
X forum member since 05, same as you!

What makes you think I would even want to load the game and try to play it? I'm not going to beat my head against a wall hoping to move that wall. To each their own though!

I've watched the YouTube vids and seen all the posts since release.

I got taken by the presale and went back to X3...
I understand 100% what you're trying to say, and it's definitely a good attitude if you have no tolerance for bugs or issues. For example I clocked about 45h in the game and have recently hit a brick wall, so now I'm debating whether I should start a new game now or I should wait a week or 2.

What I meant though, is saying you played for 0 hours and wondering why are other people playing is not a good way to say what you want to say :)

Also, the game is getting serious attention from devs. I mean we had a patch on Saturday morning followed by a hotfix that solved actual issue.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”