What games u play for your X4 fix?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chikatilo

What games u play for your X4 fix?

Post by chikatilo » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 22:47

Besides ofc. Galaxy Pirate Adventure, is there anything X4'ish currently out there till this is fixed?

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 22:57

Galaxy On Fire II HD, but i only have the Android version, don't know if there is a PC version or an IOS.

In the game you have a story, mine mineral, trade, you can go where you want, do missions by talking with people in the station's Pub (not searching outside), CAN PILOT MANY SHIPS (some of them have turrets), and even has expansions right now (which i haven't bought).

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 23:03

X3 with the XRM or X-Tended mods.

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 23:09

Eriodas wrote:Galaxy On Fire II HD, but i only have the Android version, don't know if there is a PC version or an IOS.

In the game you have a story, mine mineral, trade, you can go where you want, do missions by talking with people in the station's Pub (not searching outside), CAN PILOT MANY SHIPS (some of them have turrets), and even has expansions right now (which i haven't bought).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ya3bc9TJXw

amazing what they can do on a phone these days :D
Apparantly there is a PC version of it, lol

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/galax ... -2-full-hd

Vikinger
x3

Post by Vikinger » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 00:16

Not a space game but its darn fun.
Assassin creed IV Black Flag,

Remind me of the old game Pirates by Sid Meier to Amiga :D That was one of the first game ive ever played on a computer :) ( And Elite Frontier )
I've fought in many places, and seen war's thousand faces.

Ohsirus
x4

Post by Ohsirus » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 00:18

Evochron Mercenary has always been fun to me.

jambock1978

Post by jambock1978 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 00:19

Waiting for Fallout 4.

http://thesurvivor2299.com/

BoydofZINJ
x3tc

Post by BoydofZINJ » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 00:27

XCOM Enemy Within - just defeated it on Impossible Ironman. (Whistles) The new version is harder early and easier later... lol...

Swallen

Post by Swallen » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 00:42

I'm playing ASCII Sector. A space game that, believe it or not, is much deeper than X Rebirth.

Not a 4x per se, but pretty interesting.

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 01:00

thread title wrote: What games u play for your X4 fix?
Currently playing the Egosoft forum a lot, lots of space here, it's an MMO sandbox with truly dynamic changing content, interesting dialogs and less annoying NPCs than in XR ! And ontop of that it even is free (if you have an X game), has almost no bugs and at least since recently decent performance. Hard to beat that with the actual XR game ! :D

More seriously, since there's nothing playworthy for my taste out there besides the gotten-old X³AP right now, I might ressort to strategy games instead until Star Citizen is out: We still have to find out if they stick to their promises, I heard that it's good practice recently to not do so but rather just collect money for promises...
"I would like to say how amazed we all are here by the huge success of the game" - Bernd Lehahn
"Any fan of space simulations will find the UI in X Rebirth easy to use and much more intuitive, but the 'Trade, Fight, Build, Think' gameplay elements and interaction remain as deep as X game fans have come to expect" - Bernd Lehahn
"Sir, we are lacking 'success' for a while now and must take action !" - "Okay, let's pull off an XR then!".

danskmacabre
x3tc

Post by danskmacabre » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 01:03

Not like X games really, but I fired up Freelancer again.

Good fun Arcadey Space Sim, trading game.
Last edited by danskmacabre on Mon, 25. Nov 13, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

caveman623
x4

Post by caveman623 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 01:08

Mauzi! wrote:
thread title wrote: What games u play for your X4 fix?
Currently playing the Egosoft forum a lot, lots of space here, it's an MMO sandbox with truly dynamic changing content, interesting dialogs and less annoying NPCs than in XR ! And ontop of that it even is free (if you have an X game), has almost no bugs and at least since recently decent performance. Hard to beat that with the actual XR game ! :D
I could not agree with you more, these forums have provided me with quite a bit of entertainment over the last week or so.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 01:11

I loaded up my TC install, which is greatly modded. 8)
Editing posts since long before I remember.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 01:21

I installed all old games (Superbox on steam) .After playing with my old saves I realized how many npcs Reunion and TC have and how I get over 100fps even in largest fights.Also I noticed how many features those games have .The list of weapons is huge and items is huge....the map is huge...Those games have even a inventory button...fascinating.

Rebirth is a very very sad game. :(

Arraamis
x3tc

Post by Arraamis » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 01:32

amtct wrote:I installed all old games (Superbox on steam) .After playing with my old saves I realized how many npcs Reunion and TC have and how I get over 100fps even in largest fights.Also I noticed how many features those games have .The list of weapons is huge and items is huge....the map is huge...Those games have even a inventory button...fascinating.

Rebirth is a very very sad game. :(
^^^^ This!!!

Went back to AP 3.1 ... doing fine 8)

Rebirth ... WHO?????

Rez
x3tc

Post by Rez » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 01:48

I've put the space genre on hold for a little while and I'm currently enjoying the hell out of Europa Universalis IV. Now that's how a PC game should be released.
~Never argue with a troll. People might not know the difference.

Llothlian
x3tc

Post by Llothlian » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 02:02

Fired up Albion Prelude again.

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 02:08

Xcom E.W -& AC4BF are excellent, AC4 might very well be top three games -ever-but they are no placebo for what I had hoped rebirth would be, also a little tired of X3, played it too much, any other ideas?

I'm okay with it being a little older, but not 10yrs old like Freelancer or smth.

Llothlian
x3tc

Post by Llothlian » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 02:12

I regularly go back to things like Baldur's Gate, Rites of War, Morrowind too. Three of the greatest games in history, might be too old for you though at around 10-15 years old.

chikatilo

Post by chikatilo » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 02:14

Llothlian wrote:I regularly go back to things like Baldur's Gate, Rites of War, Morrowind too. Three of the greatest games in history, might be too old for you though at around 10-15 years old.
I played Baldur's Gate just yesterday, but being able to manually count the pixels is difficult for longer than a few hours, maybe too spoiled with graphics over the years.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”