Which recurring feature request would you like to see implemented first?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Proper Interstellar Trading
36%
Unassign/Reassign Commands for CV
2%
Interiors, Bridges, More Commands for Capital Ships
29%
Fighter Docking on Carriers
15%
More Factions and Star Systems
16%
Windows
2%

Total votes: 98

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 09:50

A rather simple poll about smaller features that people have requested many times over which Egosoft doesn't seem to be bothered about. Some of these features are small enough to add together as one update and most of them has been added as mods already but, if we would see them implemented one at a time into the base game, which one would you like to see first?

An elaboration of the options are:

Proper Interstellar Trading - Basically what it says, full trading across systems in a combined universal economy to bring empty systems to life, instead of just one ship going through a jump gate once in a while.

Unassign/Reassign Commands for CV - The option to unassign a construction vessel from a station and reassign it to work on another and vice versa. An engineer on stations can be in charge of hull, weapons and systems repairs whilst CVs can be used to rebuild destroyed module extensions, or whichever way works best. Just let us do something about those CVs sitting there like a blot on the landscape, idly blocking traffic whilst waiting to be destroyed.

Interiors, Bridges, More Commands for Capital Ships - Proper external views and stuff already gave us more ways to play with capital ships. If we could get better interiors with windows and a bridge from where to command them the immersion level will be increased tenfold, a mod already exists that does a great job to prove this. A few extra commands like set speed and ordering the captain via hotkey to steer in the direction you are pointing/looking will provide satisfactory capital ship control already.

Fighter Docking on Carriers - Also what it says, make carriers function like carriers. A massive carrier like the Arawn with cool landing bays and all being only used for drones doesn't make sense. Any other ship can fulfill this role quite easily, my favourite drone carrier is the Skunk, for example. Just allow us to use carriers properly and dock fighter-class ships on them.

More Factions and Star Systems - The universe is quite large enough already but, we need a bit more. Two or three extra systems and another faction or two will be great, even if current highway and station models are recycled. Teladi Outpost will be excluded from this, the game is still too young to start charging people for things like extra systems and factions in the form of this DLC trend.

Windows - For station interiors and such, like the capital ship bridge mod mentioned before. It would be great to have a view of the outside whilst sitting in the bar having a pint.

I chose "Unassign/Reassign Commands for CV" as my first choice, as babysitting construction vessels in a frontier system like DeVries is my greatest annoyance and frustration currently. Capital ship bridges and fighter docking on carriers can come afterwards since mods exist for them already, I would not mind a few more commands for my capital ships first though.

It is good to see that Egosoft has stuck with the game and did a great job in fixing things up so far, X Rebirth is becoming something great but, a few areas, as mentioned above, still needs a bit more attention.

M.Kessel
xr

Post by M.Kessel » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 10:37

I want a consistent menu structure. A menu, where the same functions use the same keys.

Maybe the usability guy from EGOSOFT died, or is nonexistent, but that is what annoys me most of the time in this game.

Default functionality has to be mapped to the enter key.

And please, for gods sake, remove this tiny, little menu at the mousepointer, or make it bigger, if you play in HD resolution. It's now totally worthless. And DO NOT USE THIS in the story. Sometimes you wait for the cutscene to end, not noticing that some tiny question popped up!

Oh, and while I am at it, don't block my controls during the cutscenes. I am able to listen and drive simultaineous. My Ex-wife taught me that.
I'm depressed

Luanda

Post by Luanda » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 14:19

M.Kessel wrote:I want a consistent menu structure. A menu, where the same functions use the same keys.

Maybe the usability guy from EGOSOFT died, or is nonexistent, but that is what annoys me most of the time in this game.

Default functionality has to be mapped to the enter key.

And please, for gods sake, remove this tiny, little menu at the mousepointer, or make it bigger, if you play in HD resolution. It's now totally worthless. And DO NOT USE THIS in the story. Sometimes you wait for the cutscene to end, not noticing that some tiny question popped up!

Oh, and while I am at it, don't block my controls during the cutscenes. I am able to listen and drive simultaineous. My Ex-wife taught me that.
very much this^^ :) x3 had a quick organised menu. it didnt look good but it was clear, had simple colors, smooth surfaces (i dont know who was that clever - NOT guy who had this interlaced texturing idea, should be fired NOW) and it didnt have 2 different menus. it

ohhh, and add that the hud should show the icons for all the objects around me within radarrange... its a must

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 17:25

More commands on capital ships should've been separate.
As is I voted for fighter docking.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 18:14

More factions and Star Systems would be my vote from the limited choices available.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 19:21

Yes to everything you listed but, right now, I'd like to see carriers working as proper carriers. Mods do cover many items in your list, though they would benefit from better engine support / a proper ES implementation.

I imagine (one day) something like CODEA on an Arawn with a bunch of fighters and a supporting fleet - NOT just for the player assets either!

Scoob.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 20:10

So you are missing the two top items in the poll

1. More flyable/pilotable ships
2. Fleet Command with a tactical (RTS lite) interface

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 20:16

Those aren't easy to implement. If you read the OP carefully, you'll see he's asking about the simpler things people would like to see.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 21:19

1. Command that would order a ship to fly to specific location in a zone map. Currently we can only select a specific zone, but not specific coordinates within a zone.

2. Disable manager budgets - so they just take money when they need.

3. Complete restriction of managers, so they don't ever interact with non-player owned property.

4. When assigning a ship under manager, I should be able to tell him how he should use the ship. I mean, which resource it should bring, and from which station.

5. CAPSHIP BRIDGES!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 21:23

I want to see galaxy trading.... But first they need to improve trading AI because it suck at this point :roll:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 22:28

Strange to believe that there are requests for new additions to the game when trading is still such a convoluted unreliable mess ....
Trading should be the top priority for Fixing First or Replace with a new format.
TRADE ..Fight ..Build ..Think.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 22:58

Earth Ultimatum IV. wrote:1. Command that would order a ship to fly to specific location in a zone map. Currently we can only select a specific zone, but not specific coordinates within a zone.
Yes, the old Guard Position command from prior X games would be most welcome. I'd love to be able to command my Suls to park near a Highway exit and pick off any enemy fighters, equally I've love to be able to have my heavy ships circling a Jump Beacon or Gate on the lookout for larger foes.

Scoob.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 23:03

can't choose so I'd say all of the above :lol:

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 23:26

birdtable wrote:Trading should be the top priority for Fixing First or Replace with a new format.
I honestly think the best way to really fix trading (and the economy) is going back to the old system. (And yes, even with the single ship limitation in place!)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 14:19

@Graaf: IMO that would be gimping/hobbling the game not improving it. :roll:

Personally, I do not seem to have as much trouble with the in-game economy as some seem to. That is not to say there are no issues with it, but that there are no real simple answers to addressing the issue(s) in play. Even the X-Trilogy system was not perfect and IMO the new system probably works just as well if not better on the whole.

As for the focus of the next tranche of work, I am with capital ship focused improvements. This includes their management of subordinates and by extension perhaps includes proper carriers and/or some form of group jumping (e.g. generating a temporary wormhole for all squad members to fly through together whether they have a jump device or not).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 14:37

Graaf wrote:
birdtable wrote:Trading should be the top priority for Fixing First or Replace with a new format.
I honestly think the best way to really fix trading (and the economy) is going back to the old system. (And yes, even with the single ship limitation in place!)
Why would they dumb down the current system?
Let's just allow piloting of freighters, and loading/unloading would switch control to AI for a few seconds.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 14:46

While I don't have a problem with trading, I do believe a 2 screen display for "Buy" and "Sell" would remove a lot of the tedious cross referencing.
An effective within " factory structure" form of trading would also be desirable.... already aware of the MitchTech Station Logistics mod.
Just because the X Trilogy system was not perfect it does not mean it should be used as a suitable comparison to justify the present formulae.

Plus... Not even taking into account the issues of station storage/orders etc and the frustration already well reported on throughout the forum.

Leafcutter
x4

Post by Leafcutter » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 14:54

I clicked interiors... but for me that specifically means a greater variety of station interiors, improved human models, addition of conversational chains and more interactive content with action and consequence.

Cheers
-LC-
Always expect the unexpected, and you will never be surprised.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 15:43

I voted "More Factions and Star Systems" but soon after, I wish I had instead voted for ""More commands for capitals".

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 16:51

A bit like Oliver ... "Please sir can I have some more".....? :roll:

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”