Logitech Smooth Scroll Mouse

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

strude
x4

Post by strude » Wed, 20. May 15, 05:54

Yeah I'm not silly. As I wrote, the button I mapped to manually "target object" doesn't seem to do anything as the object I want to target is already the auto selected target. I wanted to know if you do something different to manually select a target, as you said if you have no target selected it will auto target, but then you can also manually target. I can't manage to manually target the object in front of me as it is always the auto selected target.

Maybe it works differently with the controller, since you don't seem to have experienced this particular trouble.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 20. May 15, 08:33

Ok, just try cycling target or hardpoint one place to get targets to stay locked.

I have not used the X52 in anger during X-Rebirth combat yet but... In combat, I would generally use target nearest rather than target what I am pointing at.

I do agree it would perhaps be nice to either be able to disable "just" auto reticule targeting or have a configurable keyboard/controller shortcut to lock the current auto reticule target in.
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Wed, 20. May 15, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

strude
x4

Post by strude » Wed, 20. May 15, 12:15

I haven't got around to testing using anything other than target object function yet. I didn't get in combat either so need to check if target nearest will work out.

Maybe tomorrow...

Switching the controller mode off does turn the auto target off if I'm remembering correctly, which makes target object work as intended and sticks to it's target, but then the radial menus don't work. The solution for that is to map each radial option to a button, like the numbers on the keyboard are, but that's probably as big a pain as the auto target.

Hmmm unless the display changes and shows what button is mapped to each option. That's a pretty big long shot though, but worth a quick look.

Tomorrow though...
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Wed, 20. May 15, 17:38

Target nearest is not implemented when using a gamepad, there are a few functions that simply do not work when using a gamepad, and anyway you will run out of keys very quickly.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

strude
x4

Post by strude » Thu, 21. May 15, 03:30

santi wrote:Target nearest is not implemented when using a gamepad, there are a few functions that simply do not work when using a gamepad, and anyway you will run out of keys very quickly.
Target nearest works fine with controller mode disabled if the function is mapped to a controller button. The problem is that with controller mode disabled, the radial menus don't work as radial menus. I've mentioned before that the number of buttons available is a pretty limiting factor, unless Rebirth can be made to accept multibutton combinations (which are supported by the device and system software).

In fact none of the targeting functions work in controller mode, so I couldn't even use the target next key to change targets. It seems locking to a target in any way is disabled with controller mode enabled.

So then I tried mapping radial menu options to controller buttons. The interaction menu functions that can be mapped are only highlight option, not select option, so I'd need five buttons to be able to select one of four options...

Might just stick with the mouse now. Sort of gotten used to it over time, and I can't be bothered fighting with it to get it working in a way I'd like.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”