What do you expect from Egosoft? (next game)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

quick poll about your expectations

X:Rebirth 2 (X:R conception)
31%
X4 (X 1-2-3 conception)
69%

Total votes: 152

Gligli
x3ap

Post by Gligli » Tue, 15. Sep 15, 23:44

that resemble an old work-place * :roll: *
Yeah. a bit less of controls... and even more displays(which can split :) ) that's the idea.
Like in yours I have an image from a film where screens came from the ground to roof in a spheric maner. The tiny balcony should have be at 2-5m height and the roof the double... Full of Screens :D
but I can't remember which movie it was. ^^'
Oh, and there's this game telling the story of the employee N° whatever, working on a huge corporation in informatics where all the story is told right at the moment you do it...
There's this nice room at a moment...

Sorry for derivation... it's late :)
On se rend vers la connaissance avec circonspection.
c.a.d, avec un immense respect et la peur au ventre.

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Sun, 20. Sep 15, 03:34

What do I expect from Egosoft in the next game?

My first instinct is to say nothing, it's been a year since I last looked here but just read through this thread and have to say, don't pick and choose. Select all of the above, there is no reason you cannot do it all so players can choose the type of game they play. You just need to return the options to us, as was said above, back tracking now will only lose your only remaining customer base. You opened this can of worms, just add a XR difficulty mode in it so they don't have to make any choices.

X Rebirth has nothing for someone like me, it's a game for children and it's pretty obvious to me that it's not a game for you either. Your previous games were so successful because they were creations of wanting to make the kind of game you wanted to play, a sandbox game that wasn't dumbed down, you added more options because someone in the office wanted that option and you rolled with it. Just go back to that and please stop listening to your groupies or focus groups. If XR was being played by anyone at egosoft in their free time it wouldn't have half these problems and it shows. X to X3 were labours of love, XR is just hard labour.

Add: A suggestions thread I made almost 2 years ago. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=356182
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Sun, 20. Sep 15, 12:52

There is a lot things that i liked in X:R. A lot of good ideas.

The only things that i regret is that what we lost from X3, what made the X series something strong as solo game : Fleet management, numerous ship drivable (with differents sensations), etc.

But i would like to see a X.R with the X3 features we all miss and maybe some more about piloting ship.
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

Gligli
x3ap

Post by Gligli » Sun, 20. Sep 15, 13:31

@Lyth
Nice suggestions. But outdated...
This is a point I did figure out too. You shall rewrite a review every 6 months due to recent updates...
We better take every idea bit by bit, bug by bug on separate topic.

Now, if you ever started a completely new thing on a liked game-editor, you had figured that finished products demand a huge attention (time consumption) out. Just say yourself that they didn't start a new thing out but a completely new editor. That's a step more backward. So, until we could experience the 'choices' in Rb, a lot of features 'has been, are, will be' released.
It had take more than 2 years to make AP what it is now... without counting what had been mandatory to create X3...

@Cabrelbeuk
Coucou :)
here, and here
same topic
On se rend vers la connaissance avec circonspection.
c.a.d, avec un immense respect et la peur au ventre.

SPzzz
x4

Post by SPzzz » Sun, 20. Sep 15, 18:30

I don't want it to be neither X1-3 or XR, I'd enjoy it being a nice PC game and I'd be quite fine with it being casual controller-driven console port. What I don't want to see again and what is common for both options is the typical "it will take a year to be playable" early access alike bs (at least be honest and call it early access if it's too hard to avoid that). That said, modding support is what kept the series floating and it would be at least disappointing to see it reduced.

Voted for XR not because it is better but because realistically expect the new game to be closer to it.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”