A little recomendation to all those asking for mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

A little recomendation to all those asking for mods

Post by Realspace » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 19:21

A little recomendation to all those asking for mods, etc. Given that this section is increasing which is a very good thing.

Keep in mind that any pool or request made here has less sense than ever. People that modify the game do it according to their personal taste and vision, do not try to satisfy any customer. We are players as you are, many have long time experience with modding the previous games in different aspects, scripting, models, texturing. But that's all.

This game is a totally new thing thou. I don't think that old modders have any clue more than you apart from the "old" attitude to try to ameliorate this game a bit. Instruments to do it are the same that are accessibale to all people here, we (me at lest) are still trying to understand how to act in the files, lot of trials end erros, lot of wasted time.

So my invite is to do this:

1) Don't start your personal requests to attract ideas that remain there but please partecipate to the developing of the mods already here, download and use them, give feedback to the creators, etc.

2) Try yourself, spend some time "messing" with the files and trying to modify some new aspect of the game and report back what you discovered.

3) Always remember why and how these modifications are made, we don't try to correct the dev's issues more than it is whishfull for any player but everyone has his idea, so bug correction is not the aim, but game improvement, I guess.

Thanks for the attention and excuse me for this little rant! :D
Last edited by Realspace on Mon, 18. Nov 13, 19:50, edited 2 times in total.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 19:26

Tho while it is a new engine, alot of us long time X3 modders have come to understand egosofts code and design style and how they do things, which helps alot when it comes to figuring things out, even if they are not the same as they were before.

You would be surprised how helpful this forum can be - if you get stuck, Ask! You usually get a response fairly quickly.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 19:29

Jack08 wrote:Tho while it is a new engine, alot of us long time X3 modders have come to understand egosofts code and design style and how they do things, which helps alot when it comes to figuring things out, even if they are not the same as they were before.

You would be surprised how helpful this forum can be - if you get stuck, Ask! You usually get a response fairly quickly.
I agree, and am a long time user of this forum ;-) that's why, I'm not complaining, just asking for better focusing on what is being done and not on vague ideas. Mean use the mods and report back, etc..well, what I wrote :D

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 19:31

Realspace wrote: I agree, and am a log time suer of this forum ;-) that's why, I'm not complaining, just asking for better focusing on what is being done and not on vague ideas. mean use the mods and report back, etc..well, what I wrote :D
Sorry that was a general statement to everyone, not directed at you :D - agreeing with you :)

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 19:39

What could help right now is a sticky thread, not with currently implemented mods but with current mod requests. :) So both unfulfilled and fulfilled requests get the signal boost they need.
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 19:47

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:What could help right now is a sticky thread, not with currently implemented mods but with current mod requests. :) So both unfulfilled and fulfilled requests get the signal boost they need.
agree :wink:

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”