Mod localisation

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Skonvolt
x4

Post by Skonvolt » Sat, 12. Mar 16, 10:30

Hi, the mod does not work for me, I contacted strudo76 of steam.
First sorry for my bad English :P

Game started with v 3.51, I installed 3 mod :
Black Market Seminars
Capital Ship Bridge
Show Skills
put all 3 two months ago with v 3.61 all 3 work (except translation Black Market Seminars )

After the update v.4.0 Black Market Seminars stopped working, I'm sure because I still have two seminars in the inventory and they are not visible from the merchants

https://youtu.be/n9rQdmmiKME

maybe it depends on my lack of knowledge, but the files in the mod folder are different when taken by steam or nexus (old version seems to me):
Steam
content.xml
ext_01.cat
ext_01.dat

Nexus
libraries folder
wares.xml

folder md
npc_itemtrader.xml
Strudo76_BlackmarketSeminars.xml

folder t
0001-L044.xml

main folder
content.xml

For Strude
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0851pyvf2509 ... 9.xml?dl=0

content.xml
<text language="44" name="Black Market Seminars" description="Adds virtual seminars for purchase from black market traders." author="Strudo76"></text>
</content>

<text language="39" name="Black Market Seminars" description="Aggiunge seminari virtuali per l'acquisto presso i commercianti del mercato nero." author="Strudo76"/></content>

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sun, 13. Mar 16, 12:03

I'm at a bit of a loss now.

Just as an experiment, I uninstalled the mod using the in-game system, changed zones to confirm seminars were no longer for sale, saved, exited the game and removed the files.
Loaded the game and everything was normal (vanilla functions), saved, exited and restored the unaltered files. (That is, the files that anyone who has downloaded the mod would have.)
Loaded that game, changed zones and seminars were available again? That's without any changes to reset cues or change triggering conditions. The exact same files that I posted in this thread. Perhaps the game automatically resets any cue that is no longer available?

Just for some clarification Skonvolt do your translation changes currently work or are they not working at all?

Can you try starting a new game, find a trader and see if you can find some seminar items. This will help determine if the issue is limited to just that specific game, or some other problem.

You might also try unsubscribing from the mod (or move the files out of the extensions folder if you get the nexus version), then load your game and save it to a different save slot. Exit the game and re-subscribe (or copy the files back to the extension folder), then load the new save you made. Change zones and see if you can find some seminars. You must change zones otherwise the new inventory items won't appear.

There is no difference between the Nexus files and the Steam files. The Steam workshop tool used to upload the mod automatically generates the cat/dat files. Those files are just like a zip file containing the same files that the Nexus version has. I've never updated this mod since release, so there is only one version out there.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Skonvolt
x4

Post by Skonvolt » Sun, 13. Mar 16, 14:41

Just as an experiment, I uninstalled the mod using the in-game system, changed zones to confirm seminars were no longer for sale, saved, exited the game and removed the files.
Loaded the game and everything was normal (vanilla functions), saved, exited and restored the unaltered files. (That is, the files that anyone who has downloaded the mod would have.)
Loaded that game, changed zones and seminars were available again? That's without any changes to reset cues or change triggering conditions. The exact same files that I posted in this thread. Perhaps the game automatically resets any cue that is no longer available?
Done, but as I start the game the save can not be loaded missing mod
I try to put mod and no longer appears to install it during the game.
Surely the save is corrupt, I will continue to play so I do not want a new game.
Thanks for your time and patience, an experience that I will not use workshops in the future of Rebirth or other games.
Just for some clarification Skonvolt do your translation changes currently work or are they not working at all?
I have translated only what I found in the files, I am not an expert workshop and to me it does not work, but I have little time and what little I want to play so I did other tests. excuse of all

strude
x4

Post by strude » Mon, 14. Mar 16, 10:26

Alright, maybe give this one a go. New Files

Just erase the current X Rebirth\extensions\strudo76_blackmarket_seminars folder and extract the new files to the extensions folder. I'm hoping that will do it, as I've been trying lots of different things to figure it out and haven't really come up with something that works. I've also included your translation file in that download.

Make sure you change zones before looking for a trader to check. The modified inventories won't change the traders in the current zone. They only take affect when the new traders are generated after changing zones.

For everyone else, all I've done is added a new cue

Code: Select all

<!-- cue handles if mod was previously removed from the game, and then needs to be added back -->
		<cue name="Reinstall" instantiate="true">
			<conditions>
				<event_game_loaded />
			</conditions>
			<actions>
				<do_if value="Start.$strudo76_blackmarket_seminars_installed?" exact="true">
					<do_if value="Start.$strudo76_blackmarket_seminars_installed" exact="false">
						<reset_cue cue="Start" />
					</do_if>
				</do_if>
			</actions>
		</cue>
which runs every load, checks if the variable is false (ie mod been uninstalled) and resets the startup cue.

From what I can tell, if the files have just been deleted, and then returned it just seems to pick up where it left off. I just added some conditions to make sure the seminar items aren't added multiple times.

Dunno, it's kinda yucky hacky, so I'm not sure I'll upload the changes even if it does solve the problem for Skonvolt. For everyone else it just seems to work as is, and I don't want to risk breaking something else trying to fix one report.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

strude
x4

Post by strude » Tue, 15. Mar 16, 07:15

Good the seminars are back.

Pretty sure the translating problem is my fault. When I copy and pasted from the dropbox file you linked, I didn't realise it had converted all the

<
symbols to

&lt;
You can either modify the 0001-L039.xml file yourself to fix them (since you set it up in the first place, I assume you know how), or can just download a corrected file from here. If you use the file I provided, please let me know if the translations now work, as it will be handy to know in case I do end up updating the workshop package.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 15. Mar 16, 07:43

Sorry for not piping in for the past couple of days. Was away without my laptop for the weekend. Glad you sorted it out.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 09:51

Just going back to the OT for a second. The 0001.xml file acts as a fallback for not supplied languages. Is there an equivalent for the description in content.xml? Or will that default to whatever is supplied if the specific language is unavailable?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 09:54

Pretty sure that will show what's in the description if you don't specify any languages. Not sure what will happen if you specify some and not others.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 10:06

i may be wrong but iirc the generic name and description is provided in the root node under the same attribute names as the specific ones
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

strude
x4

Post by strude » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 10:10

I thought the description attribute of the content node was the description uploaded to Steam workshop, and the description in the language nodes was what is displayed in the the in game menu where extension are turned on and off.

Possible that the content node description is used in both places if no languages are supplied, but I've always included a language node so I wouldn't know.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 10:14

strude wrote:I thought the description attribute of the content node was the description uploaded to Steam workshop
Whatever you put in the description attribute is indeed overwritten by the mod description in the Workshop. Of course, for mods that don't go in the workshop, this isn't overwritten, and is what is shown in the in-game extensions menu unless you have language nodes specified.
strude wrote:and the description in the language nodes was what is displayed in the the in game menu where extension are turned on and off.
With language nodes specified, they override what's in the description attribute. Only reason I added language nodes to my Workshop mods. Didn't bother with those with my Nexus mods.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”