[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 12:33

I am a little unclear as to what the issue is? You ordered your ships to attack a friendly ship and they didn't? You ordered your ships to attack an abandoned vessel and they didn't? I don't see how anything in CWIR would affect this. Also, if you attack the ship it should turn red/enemy anyway. Perhaps a more detailed explanation would be helpful.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 18:43

The cv's issue may be related to a bug in the code that handles multiple cvs choosing the same loc to build on. WIP :)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

DaveDee
x4

Post by DaveDee » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 20:03

No problems spotted so far.
Maybe except huge amount of drones in maelstrom. Got about half FPS loss there in one of zones.

As i see, you havn't used my stations, right?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 21:32

DaveDee wrote:No problems spotted so far.
Maybe except huge amount of drones in maelstrom. Got about half FPS loss there in one of zones.

As i see, you havn't used my stations, right?

Why are there so many drones ? What stations are you talking about? The overwatch station is in and can be built.

DaveDee
x4

Post by DaveDee » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 22:04

Why are there so many drones ?
don't remember. One of new HW zones. There are lot of ships fighting there in my game and everyone spawning a swarm of drones
What stations are you talking about? The overwatch station is in and can be built.
My Overwatch version with modified buildplan and some additional modules (docks, dronebays...) and unique xenon outpost.

vinomio
x3tc

Post by vinomio » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 23:10

Are you using marvins ships in this mod? If so - is there a chance to get the capital ship bridges in the correct position?
His ships are great but without the ship bridge is half the fun.

Greets

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 23:52

BlackRain wrote:I am a little unclear as to what the issue is? You ordered your ships to attack a friendly ship and they didn't? You ordered your ships to attack an abandoned vessel and they didn't? I don't see how anything in CWIR would affect this. Also, if you attack the ship it should turn red/enemy anyway. Perhaps a more detailed explanation would be helpful.

I ordered my Taranis to attack the neutral/free Rahanas in Drippy Accent. The Taranis does not take a single shot because the target ship is blue. I am pretty sure this worked in CWIR0.9 and XR4.0, cuz I do this with every CWIR start, in order to train my marines. This is my 5th CWIR start, BTW.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 00:06

VincentTH wrote:
BlackRain wrote:I am a little unclear as to what the issue is? You ordered your ships to attack a friendly ship and they didn't? You ordered your ships to attack an abandoned vessel and they didn't? I don't see how anything in CWIR would affect this. Also, if you attack the ship it should turn red/enemy anyway. Perhaps a more detailed explanation would be helpful.

I ordered my Taranis to attack the neutral/free Rahanas in Drippy Accent. The Taranis does not take a single shot because the target ship is blue. I am pretty sure this worked in CWIR0.9 and XR4.0, cuz I do this with every CWIR start, in order to train my marines. This is my 5th CWIR start, BTW.
Why would you need to attack that ship? It might have something to do with our new scripts which protect the ship you are trying to board or it has nothing to do with CWIR. I don't really see this as an issue

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 00:13

vinomio wrote:Are you using marvins ships in this mod? If so - is there a chance to get the capital ship bridges in the correct position?
His ships are great but without the ship bridge is half the fun.

Greets
I have not incorporated marvin's ships in CWIR but I may in the future. Too busy with other things.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 00:14

DaveDee wrote:
Why are there so many drones ?
don't remember. One of new HW zones. There are lot of ships fighting there in my game and everyone spawning a swarm of drones
What stations are you talking about? The overwatch station is in and can be built.
My Overwatch version with modified buildplan and some additional modules (docks, dronebays...) and unique xenon outpost.
I have the overwatch in there I think but I forgot about the xenon station!! Can you send it to me again? I will put it in ASAP.

vinomio
x3tc

Post by vinomio » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 00:15

You made your ships compatible with the capital ship bridge?
Thx

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 00:24

re: wjy do I need to attack the free ship.

of course I dont have to if I spend a good 10-15mins to wear the hull down, as my BA is 22 and tbe ship BR is 100.

BTW, IN Devries, Styrvoks have built-in Drone Bays, such tbat it is impossible to board them with BA=22

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 00:31

VincentTH wrote:re: wjy do I need to attack the free ship.

of course I dont have to if I spend a good 10-15mins to wear the hull down, as my BA is 22 and tbe ship BR is 100.

BTW, IN Devries, Styrvoks have built-in Drone Bays, such tbat it is impossible to board them with BA=22
Then you will have to train up your marines. These aren't really bugs imo and u don't need to board that ship to take it over

Some tips for boarding. Take out the drone bay and all turrets (this is easy enough) then use scanning drone and you will only have to do 4 stages, you should be able to take it.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 01:21

BlackRain wrote:

Then you will have to train up your marines. These aren't really bugs imo and u don't need to board that ship to take it over

Some tips for boarding. Take out the drone bay and all turrets (this is easy enough) then use scanning drone and you will only have to do 4 stages, you should be able to take it.
Let's just drop it. I believe I am pretty good at boarding, just thought this should be an easy fix. I would think there will be scenarios where one wants to attack a friendly ship.

Anyway, the following does not bother me, but as a Beta tester I should report this:

- Excessive spawn of CVs:

Screenshot

Save game

Same problem happens in Dormant Bear, with 5 PMC CVs in the zone.
Last edited by VincentTH on Tue, 5. Apr 16, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 01:58

VincentTH wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

Let's just drop it. I believe I am pretty good at boarding, just thought this should be an easy fix. I would think there will be scenarios where one wants to attack a friendly ship.

Anyway, the following does not bother me, but as a Beta tester I should report this:

Screenshot

Save game

Vincent, your issue is not an issue with attacking a friendly ship. Your issue is with attacking an "ownerless" ship.

You can attack friendly ships just fine. This is what I am trying to say.(I tested in game and it works just fine)

As for the excessive CV's, I am aware of this and Yorrick has already provided a fix.

I am not trying to be a jerk here, I am just telling you these aren't bugs.

DaveDee
x4

Post by DaveDee » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 02:17

I have the overwatch in there I think but I forgot about the xenon station!! Can you send it to me again? I will put it in ASAP.
Done. Check your PM

debstar2610
x4

Post by debstar2610 » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 02:50

New feedbacks :
I finaly go to war to PMC.

One of my station in Albion was boarded by them : the original CV is not boarded yet ( not implemented yet ? ), so that they try to destroy it.
Station's defenses seem to be useless against boarding troop OOZ.

Mods:
- CombatRankBailout : I managed to capture PMC capital ship, just by docking to it after they bail out lol !
So i guess, abandonned capital ship can be taken just by docking to it.

- For CES users : A merge should be done As i am starting to learn modding, I ve started adding the Assault URV support to the CWIR fight.attack.object.capital.xml
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=619 ... 5839288805
Expert advice would be nice on how to do it properly
In the original CES,

Code: Select all

<do_if value="this.ship.availableunits.{unitcategory.defence}.count gt 0"> and <do_if value="this.ship.availableunits.{unitcategory.attack}.count gt 0"> 
freezes the game when boarding cap ship so i replaced it with

<do_if value="this.ship.availableunits.count?">
						<do_if value="this.ship.availableunits.{unitcategory.defence}.count?">
and

<do_if value="this.ship.availableunits.{unitcategory.attack}.count?">
Some dumb alied fighters seem to ignore my boarding action, so that they continue to fire at the ship :/ . The capital ship seems to stop attacking

Feature request to Egosoft, please we need a second display screen in our skunks !

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 03:11

debstar2610 wrote:New feedbacks :
I finaly go to war to PMC.

One of my station in Albion was boarded by them : the original CV is not boarded yet ( not implemented yet ? ), so that they try to destroy it.
Station's defenses seem to be useless against boarding troop OOZ.

Mods:
- CombatRankBailout : I managed to capture PMC capital ship, just by docking to it after they bail out lol !
So i guess, abandonned capital ship can be taken just by docking to it.

- For CES users : A merge should be done As i am starting to learn modding, I ve started adding the Assault URV support to the CWIR fight.attack.object.capital.xml
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=619 ... 5839288805
Expert advice would be nice on how to do it properly
In the original CES,

<do_if value="this.ship.availableunits.{unitcategory.defence}.count gt 0"> and <do_if value="this.ship.availableunits.{unitcategory.attack}.count gt 0"> 
freezes the game when boarding cap ship so i replaced it with

<do_if value="this.ship.availableunits.{unitcategory.defence}.count?">
and

<do_if value="this.ship.availableunits.{unitcategory.attack}.count?">
Some dumb alied fighters seem to ignore my boarding action, so that they continue to fire at the ship :/ . The capital ship seems to stop attacking

Feature request to Egosoft, please we need a second display screen in our skunks !

They will not board your CV, they will just destroy it, which is fine because they do not need a CV.

I will look into station defenses against boarding pods OOZ, but you get a message informing you if you are going to be invaded so you need to get there hehe.

Unfortunately, fighters will still attack your boarding targets, we didn't change that. We only changed it for capital ships.

Please give me as much feedback as possible for station boarding!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 03:56

BlackRain wrote:
VincentTH wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

Screenshot

Save game

Vincent, your issue is not an issue with attacking a friendly ship. Your issue is with attacking an "ownerless" ship.

You can attack friendly ships just fine. This is what I am trying to say.(I tested in game and it works just fine)

As for the excessive CV's, I am aware of this and Yorrick has already provided a fix.

I am not trying to be a jerk here, I am just telling you these aren't bugs.
No problem, I know there are other things that are more important than that.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 04:14

Sorry buddy, I can be a little too blunt sometimes.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”