[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 06:27

The next version will include the script above and I will also have made the fighting in Devries more interesting. It wasn't working right last version. Last version, the battles in Far out should be pretty good, let me know if it is too much though. Perhaps I should slow it down. Working on Devries first and then I will do more with albion (assuming HOA can take the big empty)

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 09:28

Rubini wrote: It can be also just a misunderstood on how BT works by players that haven't used it before.
Yup, but don't worry, in my case I understood ;)
- DO on defensive : disable elements only, don't destroy the ship
- DO on attack : disable elements when he can, otherwise shoot the hull.

Attack has the defensive behaviour in my game.

You will have to put the description in the mod features when you have time :)
BlackRain wrote: Last version, the battles in Far out should be pretty good, let me know if it is too much though. Perhaps I should slow it down.
PMC spawns taranis with 2 suls + fighters, pretty often. If you have 3 or 4 capitals before it starts, as stated by the mod, it's ok. I personaly defend with one arawn + one taranis. HOA doesn't have problem to push them back. (Acually, PMC always aim for my stations). I'll go to the big empty and stay, hope HOA will come.

DaveDee
x4

Post by DaveDee » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 10:15

The next version will include the script above
can you please at least provide explanation of how to return skills to average? Seems too cheaty for me.

Also there is still bug with stations keep spawning random faction patroling vessels IF outpost is presented in same zone. They are piloted by npc of random faction, causing my units to attack them. But i get loss in reputation with local goverment (canteran in my case)
Can provide save file, if needed.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 12:26

Hi Blackrain,

I didn't anticipate you'd actually have something available to download quite so quickly! I recently added v3.2 of WWX to my new plot-complete game, how badly would things break do you think if I removed WWX and substituted this mod? I only have the Plot Station, the plot Taranis, a captured vanilla Light Sul and a handful of ship I acquired prior to installing WWX.

I'm assuming that this mod will, in effect, be the successor to WWX, effectively making WWX obsolete?

Cheers,

Scoob.

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 12:42

Feedback !
So after a bit of gameplay, I make the HOA arawns unstuck (destroy the outpost they were moving around). A little jump in buried treasure to test my new scaldis battlestar, then I decided I have to clean (again) the big empty.
I went there with my arawn, taranis, and scaldis battlestar.
What a good surprise to find the HOA fleet attacking the pmc exchange !
They have 3 arawn, 4 balor, completed by my fleet. HUGE fireworks, hard lag (first time I lag so much).

Currently I'm waiting for HOA to build their outpost. I'll build stations here too (trying to find what I need, as I have near everything already produced). They have left 2 arawns there, the 3rd has gone to steady mole.

Later I will clear buried treasure (jump beacon in Ascendancy) and see if HOA tries to expand there.

Omicron feedback : as we stated, shipyard is stuck building a fulmekron at 0%, he is lacking of ressources. I will work to provide them with my stations in Far Out.

Have a nice game !

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 14:57

DaveDee wrote:
The next version will include the script above
can you please at least provide explanation of how to return skills to average? Seems too cheaty for me.

Also there is still bug with stations keep spawning random faction patroling vessels IF outpost is presented in same zone. They are piloted by npc of random faction, causing my units to attack them. But i get loss in reputation with local goverment (canteran in my case)
Can provide save file, if needed.
Don't worry, changing the skills is easy enough. I will explain how to do it if you want.

I am not sure about this bug. What do you mean stations keep spawning random faction patrolling vessels? Stations do not spawn patrol vessels? Perhaps you could explain this?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 14:59

Scoob wrote:Hi Blackrain,

I didn't anticipate you'd actually have something available to download quite so quickly! I recently added v3.2 of WWX to my new plot-complete game, how badly would things break do you think if I removed WWX and substituted this mod? I only have the Plot Station, the plot Taranis, a captured vanilla Light Sul and a handful of ship I acquired prior to installing WWX.

I'm assuming that this mod will, in effect, be the successor to WWX, effectively making WWX obsolete?

Cheers,

Scoob.
Yes, that is the idea that this will succeed WWX. Well, some things are different in this mod, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem to just plop this in, instead of WWX. There may be some strange behavior at first but nothing major. After about 30 minutes to an hour, everything old should clear out and things should function normally.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 15:01

Saquavin wrote:
Rubini wrote: It can be also just a misunderstood on how BT works by players that haven't used it before.
Yup, but don't worry, in my case I understood ;)
- DO on defensive : disable elements only, don't destroy the ship
- DO on attack : disable elements when he can, otherwise shoot the hull.

Attack has the defensive behaviour in my game.

You will have to put the description in the mod features when you have time :)
BlackRain wrote: Last version, the battles in Far out should be pretty good, let me know if it is too much though. Perhaps I should slow it down.
PMC spawns taranis with 2 suls + fighters, pretty often. If you have 3 or 4 capitals before it starts, as stated by the mod, it's ok. I personaly defend with one arawn + one taranis. HOA doesn't have problem to push them back. (Acually, PMC always aim for my stations). I'll go to the big empty and stay, hope HOA will come.
I may slow down the spawns a little to give people some time to be ready for them (maybe just make them spawn on the hour or somewhere around that). HOA usually can push PMC back, they have yet to take the big empty in my game though haha.

Gemstone has become a ship graveyard, wish we could harvest the hulls. Perhaps someone out there has the skill to add this feature?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 15:03

Saquavin wrote:Feedback !
So after a bit of gameplay, I make the HOA arawns unstuck (destroy the outpost they were moving around). A little jump in buried treasure to test my new scaldis battlestar, then I decided I have to clean (again) the big empty.
I went there with my arawn, taranis, and scaldis battlestar.
What a good surprise to find the HOA fleet attacking the pmc exchange !
They have 3 arawn, 4 balor, completed by my fleet. HUGE fireworks, hard lag (first time I lag so much).

Currently I'm waiting for HOA to build their outpost. I'll build stations here too (trying to find what I need, as I have near everything already produced). They have left 2 arawns there, the 3rd has gone to steady mole.

Later I will clear buried treasure (jump beacon in Ascendancy) and see if HOA tries to expand there.

Omicron feedback : as we stated, shipyard is stuck building a fulmekron at 0%, he is lacking of ressources. I will work to provide them with my stations in Far Out.

Have a nice game !
I haven't touched Omicron or Maelstrom yet. There is some stuff going on there but not much. Once I feel Albion and Devries is good, I will move on to those clusters.

DaveDee
x4

Post by DaveDee » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 15:04

I am not sure about this bug. What do you mean stations keep spawning random faction patrolling vessels? Stations do not spawn patrol vessels? Perhaps you could explain this?
I mean local police in mass traffic. Also they areent spawning in every zone with outpost, cant find any regularity.

For example - i'm building new station in DV with already spawned outpost. Mass traffic around my station contains police units with pilots of every faction (even xenons). The destruction of such a vessel leads to the loss of reputation with local goverment.

I met the first time this bug in runinis mod, but in other zones (mostly in argon space)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 15:32

BlackRain wrote: Yes, that is the idea that this will succeed WWX. Well, some things are different in this mod, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem to just plop this in, instead of WWX. There may be some strange behavior at first but nothing major. After about 30 minutes to an hour, everything old should clear out and things should function normally.
Cool, thanks for confirming :)

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 15:41

DaveDee wrote:
I mean local police in mass traffic. Also they areent spawning in every zone with outpost, cant find any regularity.

For example - i'm building new station in DV with already spawned outpost. Mass traffic around my station contains police units with pilots of every faction (even xenons). The destruction of such a vessel leads to the loss of reputation with local goverment.

I met the first time this bug in runinis mod, but in other zones (mostly in argon space)
I have noticed DEBUG SPEW having to do with local enforcement, not setting the local enforcement correct or not being able to set the local enforcement correct. Looks like the constant changing of zones is perhaps bugged or something, not sure. This is something we will have to look into. I don't have a solution just yet.

For now, don't attack local police.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 16:32

I guess for the Populate station with NPC's I can do a variable skill between 3 and 5? Sound less cheaty?

DaveDee
x4

Post by DaveDee » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 16:38

sounds good for me =)
Hmm... is it possible to include station managers combined skills to chance of spawning npc with better skills?
Always bothered that skills are poorly used in game.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 16:42

DaveDee wrote:sounds good for me =)
Hmm... is it possible to include station managers combined skills to chance of spawning npc with better skills?
Always bothered that skills are poorely used in game.
I suppose it is possible but I don't know if I want to spend more time on the script trying to figure stuff out haha. Took me forever to get the script the way it is now even though it is such a simple script. Finally got it to a point where everything works perfectly.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 16:43

Question for you Blackrain / Rubini; I'm wondering if your mod can fix the vanilla issue that is regularly the cause of me giving up on Rebirth for varying lengths of time.

Basically, I'm talking about my Civilian Ships - mostly miners - who just sit there as an enemy approaches them, continue to sit there as they get attacked, then basically just die. Most of the time there is no "under attack, need assistance" warning as these ships die very very quickly.

If there was any way you could do something so Civilians - again, particularly miners as they sit in one place when OOZ for extended periods - would actually FLEE attackers over a certain "threat level" then you'd have my eternal gratitude.

The added danger of the WWX mod - which is fantastic - just highlighted this huge oversight of the standard game, obviously Conquest will doubtless suffer the same issues, especially as the player builds up over time.

Really, I can barely comprehend how insane this default behaviour is and that it hasn't been addressed in any official updates. I was so happy when OOZ visibility, that I'd so long nagged for, was introduced, but that simply helped us micro-manage stuff, rather than have it take care of its self - which is much of the premise of the whole "Manager > Captain" relationship in game.

Cheers,

Scoob.

DaveDee
x4

Post by DaveDee » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 16:47

np then.
just add it to you todo for the better future :)

[offopic]
is there any place, there i can get all used skills ingame?
Is a mystery, how the same manager affects the performance of the station...
[/offtopic]

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 17:00

Scoob wrote:Question for you Blackrain / Rubini; I'm wondering if your mod can fix the vanilla issue that is regularly the cause of me giving up on Rebirth for varying lengths of time.

Basically, I'm talking about my Civilian Ships - mostly miners - who just sit there as an enemy approaches them, continue to sit there as they get attacked, then basically just die. Most of the time there is no "under attack, need assistance" warning as these ships die very very quickly.

If there was any way you could do something so Civilians - again, particularly miners as they sit in one place when OOZ for extended periods - would actually FLEE attackers over a certain "threat level" then you'd have my eternal gratitude.

The added danger of the WWX mod - which is fantastic - just highlighted this huge oversight of the standard game, obviously Conquest will doubtless suffer the same issues, especially as the player builds up over time.

Really, I can barely comprehend how insane this default behaviour is and that it hasn't been addressed in any official updates. I was so happy when OOZ visibility, that I'd so long nagged for, was introduced, but that simply helped us micro-manage stuff, rather than have it take care of its self - which is much of the premise of the whole "Manager > Captain" relationship in game.

Cheers,

Scoob.
It absolutely can be done. Rubini already put in code that stops miners going into enemy zones, I don't see why code couldn't be implemented to have civilian ships boost away when in danger. There already is a command in vanilla for it.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 17:10

BlackRain wrote: It absolutely can be done. Rubini already put in code that stops miners going into enemy zones, I don't see why code couldn't be implemented to have civilian ships boost away when in danger. There already is a command in vanilla for it.
That's fantastic news BlackRain. Stopping miners going into obviously hostile Zones is a great start, pre-empting problems, that leaves any roaming attackers in otherwise neutral or friendly Zones. A "run away" or rather, maybe a simple return home, unload anything you have managed to collect for the home station, would work. However, the question is when to allow the ship to re-visit what might be the only Zone that satisfies the resource collection requirements. I'd hope a simple 5 minute delay might be enough.

Anyway, you've certainly made me even more interested in this mod if it's going to potentially fix this most annoying issue.

Cheers,

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 17:12

Scoob wrote:
BlackRain wrote: It absolutely can be done. Rubini already put in code that stops miners going into enemy zones, I don't see why code couldn't be implemented to have civilian ships boost away when in danger. There already is a command in vanilla for it.
That's fantastic news BlackRain. Stopping miners going into obviously hostile Zones is a great start, pre-empting problems, that leaves any roaming attackers in otherwise neutral or friendly Zones. A "run away" or rather, maybe a simple return home, unload anything you have managed to collect for the home station, would work. However, the question is when to allow the ship to re-visit what might be the only Zone that satisfies the resource collection requirements. I'd hope a simple 5 minute delay might be enough.

Anyway, you've certainly made me even more interested in this mod if it's going to potentially fix this most annoying issue.

Cheers,

Scoob.
Also, just so you know, the mod already has a feature that sends you an alert when your ships are in a zone with an enemy fleet. It will send you an alert which you can click on (it remains there for a good amount of time) and it will bring up your map to see.

I had a scaldis trying to mine in albion. I was able to respond in a timely fashion each time an enemy fleet was in zone with my scaldis and moved it around to 3 different zones and then had it come home.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”