[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 12:42

reanor wrote:Have a few questions about this mod based on the things I've seen in a file:

- How do I build an outpost, what are prerequisites (enemy stations and ships in the system need to be destroyed and then the CV will spawn?).
- How do I build a shipyard? I checked CV in HoL and it didn't have a shipyard in the list.
- How does invasion and retaliation works, is it only AI function? How often they retaliate?

Is there any more detailed info on how this mod works?
The wiki is a work in progress, I really need to get to work on it so that these questions can be easily found. All have been answered in this thread but I don't expect people to search through a hundred pages heh.

The HOL shipyard doesn't have a cv that can build shipyards but other shipyards do (exceptions are HOL and Teladi). You can even capture some cvs flying around for unique shipyards.

To build an outpost you must destroy enemy ships and stations and there can't be any other capita ships in the zone from any major faction (military ones) regardless of relations. Then you will take over the zone and you can order an outpost through the universe map menu. It will only wrk if all conditions are met. You don't have to build an outpost, though. Any station will do.

Invasions are not turned on. All invasions are currently done through jobs. Retaliations are still on and these are defense fleets. They spawn when assets are in danger or get destroyed. They only spawn for npc factions

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 12:44

desan77332 wrote:Hi, thank you for your mod, and sorry for my bad english. I have a question about new ships which have been added with mod. Argon missile cruiser "Harpy" i believe, is one of added ships?

There are many new ships so I won't list them all here but yes that is one of them. The wiki has a list of all ships. I need to put the link to the wiki up on the front page. Sparky what is the link again?

desan77332

Post by desan77332 » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 12:49

BlackRain wrote:
desan77332 wrote:Hi, thank you for your mod, and sorry for my bad english. I have a question about new ships which have been added with mod. Argon missile cruiser "Harpy" i believe, is one of added ships?

There are many new ships so I won't list them all here but yes that is one of them. The wiki has a list of all ships. I need to put the link to the wiki up on the front page. Sparky what is the link again?
There is a problem with this ship, it dramatically doesn't shoot.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 12:49

It is indeed :)

You can find info about all this mod's ships over on the mod's section of the Rebirth wiki. At the following link, you can find them on the Child page called "Ships (new and vanilla)".

Base game ships (AKA "vanilla ships") have been included in the same table because this mod increases the capacity of Capital Field Generators (AKA "hull shields"). So the stats in the table for vanilla ships are not quite the same as they are in the vanilla game.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... in+Rebirth
BlackRain wrote: Sparky what is the link again?
Above :D

desan77332

Post by desan77332 » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 12:55

Thanks for a link. I have described a problem above.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 13:54

desan77332 wrote:Thanks for a link. I have described a problem above.
What do you mean it doesn't shoot? It should be firing, I think it is a missile ship.

desan77332

Post by desan77332 » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 14:44

BlackRain wrote:
desan77332 wrote:Thanks for a link. I have described a problem above.
What do you mean it doesn't shoot? It should be firing, I think it is a missile ship.
Yes, exactly) i mean it is maneuvering, moving closer to the enemy, but not firing at all

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 14:59

Try sending it OOS then ordinary it back to you. Prior to Rebirth 4.0, the general understanding of missile ammo was that they have invisible stock levels that insta-reloads once a ship is in "low attention".

Maybe that ship spawns with no invisible ammo, which may be fixed by the above.

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 16:43

BlackRain wrote:
reanor wrote:Have a few questions about this mod based on the things I've seen in a file:

- How do I build an outpost, what are prerequisites (enemy stations and ships in the system need to be destroyed and then the CV will spawn?).
- How do I build a shipyard? I checked CV in HoL and it didn't have a shipyard in the list.
- How does invasion and retaliation works, is it only AI function? How often they retaliate?

The wiki is a work in progress, I really need to get to work on it so that these questions can be easily found. All have been answered in this thread but I don't expect people to search through a hundred pages heh.

The HOL shipyard doesn't have a cv that can build shipyards but other shipyards do (exceptions are HOL and Teladi). You can even capture some cvs flying around for unique shipyards.

To build an outpost you must destroy enemy ships and stations and there can't be any other capita ships in the zone from any major faction (military ones) regardless of relations. Then you will take over the zone and you can order an outpost through the universe map menu. It will only wrk if all conditions are met. You don't have to build an outpost, though. Any station will do.

Invasions are not turned on. All invasions are currently done through jobs. Retaliations are still on and these are defense fleets. They spawn when assets are in danger or get destroyed. They only spawn for npc factions
Thank you for your answers. Yup, last night I got sick of REI attacking my ships in Devries and went full out on REI, destroyed a few way stations and noticed some sneaky CV, so I boarded it and deployed into a Pirate Medium Ship Factory haha! Thank you for a fun mod.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 17:20

reanor wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

Thank you for your answers. Yup, last night I got sick of REI attacking my ships in Devries and went full out on REI, destroyed a few way stations and noticed some sneaky CV, so I boarded it and deployed into a Pirate Medium Ship Factory haha! Thank you for a fun mod.
yes mod is much more fun than vanilla, one question i have, i too have been at war with the reivers, i think i got them all, all stations gone, i see no ships now, no red zones in the map. How do i know, is their a way to confirm faction has gone, it still shows in my list as being -30 towards me.
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 17:32

Yeah I also want to know how does the system (one square on the map) becomes free of enemies? I took out some stations in one system, but square wouldn't turn green. I wonder if it is because of the ships that are somewhere on the far edges of the system that I can't see or something.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 17:43

Just for clarity, the word "system" has a specific meaning in the maps so it helps not to use it in other situations. Here's how the ma breaks down in-game:

- Individual areas on the map, where we can see ships, are Zones (e.g. Darned Hot Air).

- Multiple Zones form a System (e.g. Glaring Truth).

- Multiple Sectors for a System (e.g. DeVries)*.

- Multiple Systems are within the same Galaxy.

*(Systems are sometimes called "clusters" by that is an ambiguous word that could mean a collection of anything)

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 17:57

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Just for clarity, the word "system" has a specific meaning in the maps so it helps not to use it in other situations. Here's how the ma breaks down in-game:

- Individual areas on the map, where we can see ships, are Zones (e.g. Darned Hot Air).

*(Systems are sometimes called "clusters" by that is an ambiguous word that could mean a collection of anything)
So when they say that in order for outpost to spawn, you have to make sure that all the ships and stations destroyed in the area, by the area they mean a zone, a system, or a sector?

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 18:00

reanor wrote:
Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Just for clarity, the word "system" has a specific meaning in the maps so it helps not to use it in other situations. Here's how the ma breaks down in-game:

So when they say that in order for outpost to spawn, you have to make sure that all the ships and stations destroyed in the area, by the area they mean a zone, a system, or a sector?
They mean in zone, aka the area around you :)

It can get confusing but the easiest way for me to remember where ever you are is the zone.

ex. if you were in Darned Hot Air that would be your "zone"
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 18:01

Not sure personally as not familiar with this mod yet. Just trying to help ensure we're all using the same terminology to help us work that sort of thing out.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 18:20

You must clear all enemies from your zone and you must have your capital ships in the same zone. That is not all, though. There can not be any military capital ships in the zone from any faction. This means even friendly factions or neutral ones. If all these are met than the zone should become yours and you can order an outpost. Oh, and you also need the required credits in your bank account too. I think it is 10 or 20 million, I forgot.

Meme Turtle

Post by Meme Turtle » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 18:59

BlackRain wrote:
matveich[EG] wrote:I have a small question: why do I have to pay for ships, built at my own shipyard? Or how should I generate money without trading?

I am currently building a self-sufficient factories chain, however even if I can obtain all the necessary resources for ship production, I still need money to buy ships and hire personal. If I decide to go full scale war with all factions, I will not be able to earn any money via trading or doing missions. So, is it possible in this mod to become truly independent of all factions and capture all sectors?
You don't have to pay for ships you build at your shipyard. It appears that you do but it won't take your money so don't worry. Also, you can make money by selling ships you make to your own shipyard for a profit. Another way to make money is through taxes. When you own a zone and have stations in it, both yours and npc stations, you get taxes every hour or so.
Thank you for the reply. I have double checked my account after ordering a ship at my shipyard and NPC shipyard and noticed that money is spent only when buying from NPCs. However, in order to order the ship at my shipyard I still have to posses enough money, which seems like a slight limitation.

As for taxes, I have not received any yet. I own several factories in two sectors(empty space), but do not get tax money from them. I have not noticed these zones being listed as owned by me and I can not build outposts there.

Some more questions:
1) If I occupy all build spots in a zone, does this mean I will not be able to build an outpost there?
2) Is it possible to dismantle your own stations? If not is it safe to use a mod for that?
3) Are there any indestructible stations like teladi HQ?

Also, some time ago I tried to destroy a Reiver outpost near AL gate in Devries, however was not able to do that as its modules have 0% hull remaining but are not getting destroyed. Is there a fix to this problem?

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 19:07

matveich[EG] wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
matveich[EG] wrote:I have a small question: why do I have to pay for ships, built at my own shipyard? Or how should I generate money without trading?

I am currently building a self-sufficient factories chain, however even if I can obtain all the necessary resources for ship production, I still need money to buy ships and hire personal. If I decide to go full scale war with all factions, I will not be able to earn any money via trading or doing missions. So, is it possible in this mod to become truly independent of all factions and capture all sectors?
You don't have to pay for ships you build at your shipyard. It appears that you do but it won't take your money so don't worry. Also, you can make money by selling ships you make to your own shipyard for a profit. Another way to make money is through taxes. When you own a zone and have stations in it, both yours and npc stations, you get taxes every hour or so.
Thank you for the reply. I have double checked my account after ordering a ship at my shipyard and NPC shipyard and noticed that money is spent only when buying from NPCs. However, in order to order the ship at my shipyard I still have to posses enough money, which seems like a slight limitation.

As for taxes, I have not received any yet. I own several factories in two sectors(empty space), but do not get tax money from them. I have not noticed these zones being listed as owned by me and I can not build outposts there.

Some more questions:
1) If I occupy all build spots in a zone, does this mean I will not be able to build an outpost there?
2) Is it possible to dismantle your own stations? If not is it safe to use a mod for that?

Also, some time ago I tried to destroy a Reiver outpost near AL gate in Devries, however was not able to do that as its modules have 0% hull remaining but are not getting destroyed. Is there a fix to this problem?
1) To my knowledge Outpost CV's take up buildspots just like a normal station. (I'm slowly working on a zone patch for blackrain which adds 1-2 build spots extra per zone)

2) With 4.0 it might be? if not I use station destroy and recycle and it works perfectly :)

3) To my knowledge, no.
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 19:27

matveich[EG] wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

Some more questions:

As of right now you can't own empty space zones and therefore get no taxes from them. All stations should be destructible. Try leaving the zone and coming back or try checking the station for any parts which might not be destroyed. There is no way the station has 0 hp because it is impossible to get any station to 0 hp. This isn't how stations are destroyed anyway. Stations are currently set to blow up below 25 percent hp.

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 20:14

Ok thank you both. It makes sense. having played other space sims I always think about the immediate area where I am as a system, which implies an area with a star and planets around it. In XR, these areas don't seem to be the whole solar systems, but just some parts of solar systems scattered all over the place.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”