[MOD] REM for Rebirth

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 11:33

Was out the whole of yesterday so didn't have a chance to look at the forum.

Ill carry on playing around with the boosters this week but ill pm you a link to the script when I get home realspace.

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 11:44

Im concerned tho how much the economy would slow down. I would love it tho if you could make the highways invisible so let us travel with boosters so the economy would be unchanged.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 11:57

Note that it's not just the economy slowing down you have to worry about - highways are also used in mission scripts to, for example, spawn enemies. This'll almost certainly break some combat and plot missions, among other things.

cmdShepard

Post by cmdShepard » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 12:08

Hi,
Is it possible to leave the Highways unaffected and only use the "unlimited boost" function of this mod?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 12:42

fireslide wrote:Have you considered leaving the highways there but making them invisible?

That way npc traffic plots/missions would not be affected.
that was my first idea but then you can still get inside a lane by not seeing it...and I like to see the ships travelling among zones so the solution is a script as Killerog is suggesting, to command the small ships to use the booster (bigger ones alrady do it and don't use highways anyway)
killerog wrote:Was out the whole of yesterday so didn't have a chance to look at the forum.

Ill carry on playing around with the boosters this week but ill pm you a link to the script when I get home realspace.
that would be great, thanks!!
MutantDwarf wrote:Note that it's not just the economy slowing down you have to worry about - highways are also used in mission scripts to, for example, spawn enemies. This'll almost certainly break some combat and plot missions, among other things.
thanks for the info, is there a part of the plot where highways are important (mean a part from using them to move to missions)? I must add the alert in the presentation of the mod then
cmdShepard wrote:Hi,
Is it possible to leave the Highways unaffected and only use the "unlimited boost" function of this mod?

yes you can do it, just delete the entire /map folder of my mod and delete

Code: Select all

<entry name="highway*" value="extensions\RS_NoLanes\maps\XU_ep1_universe\zonehighways"/>
in the index/macros.xml :D

EDIT:

I added a BOOSTER ONLY optional file you can download from the same page in NEXUS

cmdShepard

Post by cmdShepard » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 12:56

cool, thanks for the help :wink:
Is this just for "highway boost" or do i have unlimited boost outside the highways too if i delete said line?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 12:59

cmdShepard wrote:cool, thanks for the help :wink:
Is this just for "highway boost" or do i have unlimited boost outside the highways too if i delete said line?

it improves the player's booster, not inside the hw only but in general

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 13:00

I added a BOOSTER ONLY optional file you can download from the same page in NEXUS
http://xrebirth.nexusmods.com/mods/49/

cmdShepard

Post by cmdShepard » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 13:03

Wow thanks for the fast answer dude :D

I really appreciate the help! :)

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 13:12

Realspace wrote:, they don't use the lanes.
wrong,they DO use them.
anything that don't have jump drives use them.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 15:14

Nibel wrote:
Realspace wrote:, they don't use the lanes.
wrong,they DO use them.
anything that don't have jump drives use them.
what are you quoting? This is manipulation, I stated that with lanes active, some ships use them (small ones) some not and use boosters (big ones). With lanes removed, the small ones travel at normal speed. Please add some info or help to improve the mod if you can. Thanks

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 16:57

Don't quote people out if context (if that's what you have done) doesn't help anyone and is just unnecessary.

KopiG
x4

Post by KopiG » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 20:26

The booster only mod does not work:( I activate boosters but nothing happens. Not even the standard booster speed just normal traveling speed what your engine can do.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 21:03

KopiG wrote:The booster only mod does not work:( I activate boosters but nothing happens. Not even the standard booster speed just normal traveling speed what your engine can do.
Problem corrected, thanks for reporting, try it now! I've updated the value so it is not eternal as in the NoLane option, but it lasts much longer than vanilla

Swallen

Post by Swallen » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 00:17

I cannot recommend this mod enough. It will change your game tremendously, giving space a lot of atmosphere, making exploration fun and giving stations the true feeling of being small pockets of life in the otherwise vast and scary place that space is.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 15:38

Swallen wrote:I cannot recommend this mod enough. It will change your game tremendously, giving space a lot of atmosphere, making exploration fun and giving stations the true feeling of being small pockets of life in the otherwise vast and scary place that space is.
:D
Thanks, that's exactly the reason and feeling inspiring the mod. There are some problems to correct but thanks to the help of Killerog I think we can solve them quickly. Still I recomend to use the mod even now if playing a NO_Story game

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 16:01

I am 8-9hrs in a non plot game and oh my....
it feels so spooky , like space should do.
I feel dizzy in a smooth way like somtimes I am like well what if I fell or stuff like that (I roll play alot in games)

the world is huge.... and well its nice not to have huge tubes around your face all the time :lol:

Central
x4

Post by Central » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 19:39

If i try to load a savegame, the game crashes.
- i use the following mods:
- remove boarding cutscenes
- improved missiles
- osr auto target
- no stardust
- remove detailmonitor animation
- smart miner
- more reduced masstraffic
- no more grandmas in space
- upclose detail minitor
- npc bail increase
- rs stars
- manual command extension
- improved fleets
- ignore jumpdrive fuel
- never enter stations again
- better highway alphas

everything up2date

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 20:03

Central wrote:If i try to load a savegame, the game crashes.
- i use the following mods:
- remove boarding cutscenes
- improved missiles
- osr auto target
- no stardust
- remove detailmonitor animation
- smart miner
- more reduced masstraffic
- no more grandmas in space
- upclose detail minitor
- npc bail increase
- rs stars
- manual command extension
- improved fleets
- ignore jumpdrive fuel
- never enter stations again
- better highway alphas

everything up2date
did you start a new game?
this mods need you to start a new game.
also I dont think your ment to try it in the plot mode yet

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 21:36

Right! NEW GAME and possibly NO PLOT. It is for testing only.

BTW I'm probably going to make a first full release. I found a solution, thanks to a script provided by Killerog that lets me see which ships don't use the booster. So I'm trying to add the booster to all engine. This way, any ship, plot or not, is able to cross the distances not using the lanes. Hope it works, I'm having some problems, just trying now :evil:

After all is done, I'll try to clean the code so to make all works with a savegame, but am not sure it is possible.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”